Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on May 07, 2011, 12:26:17 AM
Hi guys. I've made a small program for those stagers who want to edit the miscdata[10] easily. It shows the values I know what are for, and allow you to edit them with just decimal numbers. Hex mode is possible to, and you can edit any other value, even the ones not listed.

This is the program, if you need some help with it, just tell me

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4879/stpmtool.png

An interesting feature is that you can add and remove the 'echo' effect in caves. Just test it, I've not tested it yet, but it should be working.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=18704

HES MAKING PROGRAMS NOW?????



*gets better*

one thing id like to ask, can you explain a little better on what this is supposed to do?

well really the question is, what does miscdata[10] do again? >.>

[white]


hey mewtwo
if it's not too much trouble
could you by chance make a program which allows me to play/preview sounds from a brsar archive and play them :)
If so that would be
A awesomely
M iraculous
A and
Z eologically
I ncreadibly
N ot icably
G reat

its funny how, when someone does something he doesnt do usually, there is always somebody starting to request stuff...


alright mewtwo, i know ive asked you about this before and its slightly off topic...

but i wanted to ask you how to make an animated background like your "what is love" stage.

im making a Character Select Screen and i want to use animated fire, but CSS hacking is definately new ground for me and im sure its probably just as untouched to you too, but from what i understand, like most hacks, its very size sensitive.

when i viewed your stage, it contained a model for every frame.. which im not very sure if thats size friendly or not. on top of that im not sure where i would put it in the file for the CSS to make it work.. ._.

[white]

Quote from: Bang Shishigami on May 07, 2011, 04:15:23 PM
one thing id like to ask, can you explain a little better on what this is supposed to do?

well really the question is, what does miscdata[10] do again? >.>

Well, just what you see in the descryption, and in the program preview.

You can, for stages:

- Change the shape of the shadows, which is independent from the lighting in it
- Enable or disable an echo effect, which is mostly noticed without music. The echo would be perfect for cave-like stages, for example.
- Edit how far the camera can be while playing. Same to how near to the characters is able to be.
- Edit the camera boundaries for the 'fixed camera mode', the one in special melee with the not-moving camera.
- Edit where the camera goes when you pause and you're not viewing any character.
- Edit how wide is the angle of vision when playing. I can't explain what it is with words, find it out yourself. Anyway, I wouldn't change it much...

And well, if you know the offsets, editing any other value in the STPM file. It's supposed to work fine with miscdata[10], with a similar size to 280kb. If you're using some other STPM file, it may not work fine. I mean, the indicated values may not match the case. Also, the echo-related buttons cut the file, so be sure to test your file once you've modified this. In normal cases, this should be working perfectly, but if you're modifying larger files, you could be troubled. I've been reported that STGEMBLEM.pac has a 808bytes STPM instead of 280, and that one shouldn't be echo-modified. You should still be able to modify it, especially if you know the offsets you're interested in. If the format of the file isn't different, the rest of the values would still be useful, but you would probably need to change the other values with the specific offset option.

In other words, the program is meant to work with standard STPM files, but it may be working fine with different STPM files if you know what you're doing.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Have you worked anymore on SM64 peaches castle? I'm not trying to hurry you I know you have a life too I'm just excited for that stage anyway nice new tool
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Right now, the stage I'm working the most is Grunty's Tower Top. I'm supposed to make some progress on FoD these days too, and I may be doing some new progress to the SM64 stage too. But, answering your question, I've not worked anymore yet, for now. But this may change tomorrow if I get the time to.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

but wasnt it complete enough to play on? i mean, like it only misses stage parts invisible during battle but visible in pause...

Not really, there's a small piece part of grass lacking that can be seen while playing, and some parts to the sides of the castle which aren't there yet. Anyway, that would be only one of the playable parts of the stage, cause my intention is that you can brawl in other places, not only the front part. And I need to make some progress to the stage before I do that. Don't want to post the uncomplete version.

Grunty's Lair would be more completed in terms of missing parts visible during battle.

Don't worry, they should be made before June. Maybe xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Take your time, with the stuff that happened to your girl and seeing your major list of things to do i wouldn't be surprised if it were august when you finish a few stages BUT they would be looking great as they always do :laugh:

That was a compliment and this is hidden text ;P

Incredible!

A program for help everyone for stage editor, congratulations Mewtwo2000!

Thanks KTH :P

By the way, new pictures showing some progress in Grunty's Tower:





Major progress in this and other stages is expected during this week
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial