Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Gerudo Valley is looking good! I like the day/night cycle. Here are my critiques:


-The waterfall looks great, even at night.

-The transition from day to night seems a bit quick, and night doesn't seem to last as long as the day. When the transition first happened, I thought a Smash Ball had appeared somewhere or something. I recommend either using the cycle from Battlefield, or (if you want) trying out the cycle used in Ocarina of Time.

-My main concern as far as playability goes is those ledges that obscure the action. They are large enough that you could have a little skirmish behind them and not see a thing. Unless you can find a way to make that portion of the stage go transparent like the front panel in Luigi's Mansion, you may have to get creative with the stage model to make sure the players can see at all times.

-Maybe it's just me, but the stage seems kinda boring without the bridge being broken. If you plan on adding platforms in it, that will help, though I also suggest making an alternate broken-bridge version, in case you're up to it.
Click for my stuff:


I agree with Pear about the ledges obscuring players' vision.

I may try a version with the bridge in the same level as the ground, so there's nothing obscuring it. Another option would be playing around with the materials so the characters are always visible or something. I'll see about all that.

About the bridge not being broken, my current plan includes a broken bridge, but I can't tell you the details yet.

By the way, hi there! It's been like 2 weeks since the last time I posted here. As I said before, my girlfriend is out on vacation, and I'm a little more free to make hacks. Not as much as I wanted, cause it comes that I have to prepare some exam I have in september and stuff.

Anyway, these days I've been working on an updated version of my ASL Tool, which is much better now. I've even recorded a video tutorial to show how it works and all that.

This is the tutorial:

[Tutorial] - ASL Tool

I'm about to release a bunch of still Battlefields to try to make people try the tool and the new importing option in it. I already released a night one a long time ago, now I'm releasing Morning, Daytime, Sunset and a revamped Night.

Video:

[SSBB hack] - 4 still versions of Battlefield

And the last thing I've done is just this skin for the Project M WarioWare. It's just a modified version of my Temple of Time with holes with floating platforms:

[Project M 2.6] - Temple of Time replacing WarioWare

This was made a long time ago, but I've noticed it wasn't in the vault yet and I've just put it in:

[Project M 2.6] - What is Love Villains replacing WarioWare

More soon!
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

That happy moment when you open the vault and you see stages by Mewtwo2000
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I've been working on Gerudo Valley today. I've made the broken bridge version and I've altered the original stage to avoid those obscuring parts. Optional, of course, there will be versions with and without those parts.

Here's 2 pictures, and I'm uploading a video, which I'll post tomorrow.



SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

definitely looking forward to this stage mewtwo, i was wondering will there be a version were halfway during gameplay the bridge will break or is that what those pics are? im just curious this is not a request or anything like that because i know time hasnt been your friend in awile
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

There will be some version with a bridge that breaks in the middle of the battle, but the pictures don't show that yet. For the moment, that's the broken bridge, but I still need to finish the completed one (not the one after it's fixed) and animating it and stuff.

I'm even planning a version in which the player causes the bridge to get broken, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to do it the way I'd like to.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

how quick can u make a ganon's tower with the GKoE version of Ganondorf instead of the melee one?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

I hate to be "that guy", but I remember that you said something about releasing Mute City towards the end of August. Is this still true, or is it going to be delayed again?
Rest = Best move in Super Smash Bros.

awesome stuff you got here, liking gerudo's valley's lighting a LOT, it'd be great to see a "updated" version of it, with brawl-ish visuals...

Is that Project M Temle of Time work over Final Destination without a rel as well? The comments on the info box kinda confuse me.

Quote from: Gnorcteen on August 18, 2013, 04:42:53 AM
how quick can u make a ganon's tower with the GKoE version of Ganondorf instead of the melee one?

Quick enough, it would be easy. I may make it one of these days, but what I'd really like to do is a remastered version of the stage, so it looks better with the new Ganondorf. Maybe someday.

Quote from: Luigifan141 on August 23, 2013, 12:18:59 AM
I hate to be "that guy", but I remember that you said something about releasing Mute City towards the end of August. Is this still true, or is it going to be delayed again?

It's gonna be delayed again, I've been making small progress on different stages instead of big progress on just one. I can't tell when it will be finished, but with the time I've had during august, it was a matter of choosing between just Mute City or making progress on different things.

Quote from: joke king on August 25, 2013, 06:31:18 PM
awesome stuff you got here, liking gerudo's valley's lighting a LOT, it'd be great to see a "updated" version of it, with brawl-ish visuals...

If I got time, I'd try a higher resolution version in the future.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 25, 2013, 08:25:59 PM
Is that Project M Temle of Time work over Final Destination without a rel as well? The comments on the info box kinda confuse me.

Yeah, it does work over FD. It's replacing WarioWare in Project M, which is WarioWare with no minigames through a Final Destination rel. So, it's just a Final Destination with the looks of a mix between Temple of Time and WarioWare.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I just did a side by side comparison with the new Peach's castle and the Peach's castle from SSBM. Holy cow, they look legitimately the same. Definitely a download from me :) Great job Mewtwo :3 Any other surprises for us?
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Well, not really surprises, but I've made a version of Gerudo Valley with no obscuring ramps:

[SSBB hack] - Wii U styled characters on Gerudo Valley

And I've worked on another room for Fire Temple:

[SSBB hack] - Fire Temple (Boss Door room)
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Not sure if you saw this thread, it seems like it might be a good opportunity for you
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=62443.0

FC: 2191-7379-6272