Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1612848 times)
Anti-Sora
Expert Kitten

Mask Of Virtue

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #2295 on: December 17, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »

hey mewtwo have you worked on the trees yet because those are gonna be really annoying to make O.O

Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2296 on: December 17, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »

I've not touched the stage today. Too many people around me ^^U

About the tree, no, I didn't yet, I'm leaving that for the end. Now I'll focus on the waves, the rainbows, etc. They seem complete in the pictures, but they need to be animated already.

I'll work on the stage tomorrow for sure.

By the way, here's one of the videos we've recorded in Ganon's stage. Enjoy  Kirby Dance

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE9QWx9nJGI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE9QWx9nJGI</a>
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:00:49 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2297 on: December 17, 2010, 09:06:59 PM »

About the tree, no, I didn't yet, I'm leaving that for the end. Now I'll focus on the waves, the rainbows, etc. They seem complete in the pictures, but they need to be animated already.

By the way, here's one of the videos we've recorded in Ganon's stage. Enjoy  Kirby Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE9QWx9nJGI

Wow i love the stage it looks so fun and are you the Pikachu

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #2298 on: December 17, 2010, 09:10:21 PM »

Yeah, I'm that horrible pikachu xD

I failed everywhere, and Sonic destroyed every block I was expecting to land on ^^U xD

Stage shadows tutorial

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2299 on: December 17, 2010, 09:39:22 PM »

Wow i feel sorry for you Sad

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2300 on: December 17, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »

By the way, here's one of the videos we've recorded in Ganon's stage. Enjoy  Kirby Dance

OH! that reminds me, Ganon's tower PAL lagged when i was fighting 3 CPUs (in 60hz). does it do that in the NTSC version?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #2301 on: December 17, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »

Yeah, and I'm not sure to be able to fix it. I guess the stage is too much for the wii xD

Probably both Ganondorf and the organ are the problem. I will try to solve it when Fountain of Dreams is released.

PS: By the way, I've updated the mediafire folder of Ganon's Tower with another version, STGGANONTOWER_WALLS.pac It's just the normal version (the PAL one really) with swapped collision files. This means, there's ceiling and walls, and the only way to die is downwards. Some people wanted it this way ^^U

Also, if you want it, but without ceiling, just delete the ceiling collision by yourself. I don't want to have too many versions of the stage in the mediafire, it would be too confusing ^^U
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:08:04 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2302 on: December 17, 2010, 10:06:32 PM »

I got the thing i wanted to submit into the vault on Chrismas Day done.
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:07:23 PM by Memories » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #2303 on: December 18, 2010, 09:19:36 AM »

Hi guys. Today I'm continuing FoD. But, before that, I have something to show, and something to say.

First of all, a new picture of FoD, the stage that's said my most beautiful stage.

Now, a picture of a stage I started doing last summer. HeartGold Battlefield. All the pokemon are almost ready, and only changing the color of the trees is left.

And now some personal reflexion. I'm going to show an example of something and my thoughts about it. But this is only one example, there are many others over the vault.

First, showing this picture. It's LenSho's latest stage, the Lance arena in Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64). I have to admit that the idea is good, and I had the very same idea for a future stage of mine. I don't know if I will still be doing it anyway.

Well, you could say, 'oh, cool stage, nice work LenSho'. Yes, and no. The lighting is strange, the pokemon in the background have a darkened texture, and well, he intended to use shadows for the stage, but instead of using my shadow system, he tried his own one, and failed. The shadows were too high over the floor, and they were completely pixelated. Also, the pokemon in the background aren't casting any shadow, and with the brightness of the bloor, that looks weird... At least for me O.o

Well, now I'm showing you a stage I've made from his:

New lighting, my shadow system, shadows for every pokemon... Looking tons better in my opinion. And it took me not much time. If it wasn't by the pokemon texturing problem (they're from pokepark they're not always working correctly), it would have been really no time.

So, here are my thoughts:

People should perfect their hacks before submitting. It's okay having many ideas, but they should be acceptable when they're shared. LenSho, for example, is not a bad stage hacker, many people claim him as the best of them. But, in my opinion, he doesn't really finish most of his hacks. Mushroom kingdom and Brawl Galaxy are good concepts, good ideas, but they somewhat lack execution. At least in my opinion, I could be wrong. I personally think that Alternative Mario Circuit and Mushroom Kingdom are similar, but my stage is much better in terms of execution, detailing, perfection. I could have done that stage in one day, the first video I showed was made in one single afternoon. But having perfect collisions, smooth animations, shadows everywhere, etc took me some time, and that's reflected in the final thing I guess.

Note that I'm not attacking LenSho, I like LenSho. It's just an example. There are many people who fill the Vault with unfinished or glitchy things. And I guess they shouldn't.

Also, my other thought is about me fixing his stage. Many people would upload the fixed version of another's hack as a separate download, some of them without even asking. And I'm against that too. I of course could share it if somebody wants it, or I could send it to LenSho so he updates his submission with the fix. But I would never upload it as an own work. And, many people would do it.

Said everything, I'm back to FoD.

Stage shadows tutorial

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #2304 on: December 18, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »

Hi guys. Today I'm continuing FoD. But, before that, I have something to show, and something to say.

First of all, a new picture of FoD, the stage that's said my most beautiful stage.

Now, a picture of a stage I started doing last summer. HeartGold Battlefield. All the pokemon are almost ready, and only changing the color of the trees is left.

And now some personal reflexion. I'm going to show an example of something and my thoughts about it. But this is only one example, there are many others over the vault.

First, showing this picture. It's LenSho's latest stage, the Lance arena in Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64). I have to admit that the idea is good, and I had the very same idea for a future stage of mine. I don't know if I will still be doing it anyway.

Well, you could say, 'oh, cool stage, nice work LenSho'. Yes, and no. The lighting is strange, the pokemon in the background have a darkened texture, and well, he intended to use shadows for the stage, but instead of using my shadow system, he tried his own one, and failed. The shadows were too high over the floor, and they were completely pixelated. Also, the pokemon in the background aren't casting any shadow, and with the brightness of the bloor, that looks weird... At least for me O.o

Well, now I'm showing you a stage I've made from his:

*Mewtwos really long post*

>_> I have to say that I agree with you. I love Lenshos stages and many other stage makers stages but yea, most of the lack the finesse that you put into your stages. I think a lot of it comes from people not knowing how or them feeling it's not worth the effort. Could you perhaps clean up Lenshos Mushroom Kingdom stage? I love the stage but it isn't as polished as your Mario Circuit.

Also FoD is looking amazing. Awesome Face

GameWatching
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2305 on: December 18, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »

FoD !!!!!!!

i always hated that stage cause he lagz on emu, and i mainly play Melee with Dolphin xD

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2306 on: December 18, 2010, 12:23:23 PM »

Fountain of Dreams is looking great

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2307 on: December 18, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »

WHOLE LOTTA STUFF BY MEWTWO2000.

I completely agree with you, Mewtwo2000. I personally do not have any stages made by anyone else OTHER than you, except for one or two. If a stage does not look like it could have COME with the game, it aggravates me to play on it. I cannot play on several custom stages because of this. Your stages are so nice, so beautiful that they feel almost perfect.

That said, FoD is looking so incredible. I cannot wait 'til you put the random stuff in the background of the main stage, like the swirly tree. What will you use to make it, I wonder? If only it was possible to make a .OBJ import of the stuff in the background...
    « Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:26:35 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

(gabriel/joao)wojwicz
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2308 on: December 18, 2010, 02:36:04 PM »

Wow! Fountain of Dreams is looking fantastic!
    I really want this stage because it's my favorite stage of all smashes!!!
    Keep your good work Mewtwo2000 Smiley

Check out my threads!
    ~Music Hacks~
    ~Texture Hacks~

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #2309 on: December 18, 2010, 02:42:37 PM »

I love how you always gonna an extra mile to make everything look perfect Mewtwo, mad respect.

That Fountain of Dreams is looking to good my friend.

Funny that you talked about Heartgold Battlefield, I was just thinking about it the other day.

Pages:  1 ... 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: