Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1588558 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5400 on: October 21, 2011, 02:20:22 AM »

Well, this is the custom platform, you probably get dissapointed.

It's basically an almost flat platform, not big, with the same look as the rest of the place. Still not found the best place to place it, I'm just looking for it. And I may be enlarging it, still not sure. Anyway, it's just a single bone edit in an animation, so different sizes are easy to make now. I may be using a floating platform similar to Smashville related to the castle itself too, to not have only the flat platform.

I'm a little depressed now, today has died my dog (14 year old) and I don't feel like enjoying anything. I'm just staging to do something...

I'm hoping to finish this stage during next week, and we'll see what do I do next...

Yay for custom!  I'm loving it.  Does it move at all by any chance?  Just curious that's all.

And may your dog rest in peace Sad

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

Would U like to play with Mii?

• Awards Favorite'd Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5401 on: October 22, 2011, 03:13:31 AM »

I heard about what happened
    To your dear beloved friend
    I know the feeling having someone close
    Only for his life to end.
    Do not think of how he died
    For that will make you sad.
    Rather, think of how he lived,
    and the good times that you had.

May your dog rest in peace.

My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
    Bear Claws
    These claws are like a bear's, with
    melee attacks among the most
    devastating of any weapon. Their
    ranged shots are strong but have a
    short reach. If you can get up close,
    your foes won't know what hit them.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
    NNID: Allav866

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #5402 on: October 23, 2011, 02:16:10 PM »

@SDoom No, it isn't, it won't move for the moment. Maybe in the future if I improve the castle model, which has holes when you get near to, or too high.

@Allav Thanks Smiley

Still, I can't be happy again yet.

Well, back to stages, new preview of the Ganondorf stage.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZsZZ3NuRx8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZsZZ3NuRx8</a>

It seems that the dae model importer will be ready really soon. Let's see what I do about that...

By the way, I've improved some of my programs, I may post them later here.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Link40
    Extreme Kitten

You can not resist the power of the Wunderwaffe !

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #5403 on: October 23, 2011, 02:33:18 PM »

Hi. long time I've not been here around. First of all I'm really sorry about your dog. My cat died the day of Christmas last year of Cancer, it was really difficult for me, so I undestand what you feel.

Besides, your new stages are getting each time even more outstanding. Even if a mdl0 importer comes out : you should keep making stages on your own. Because you don't just redo stages, you improve them.
    Although an importer could be great, it just kills the spirit of stage hacking.

I really wish you luck for the future.
    Link40

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5404 on: October 23, 2011, 03:57:58 PM »

Oh. It's just a fix platform...Sad...

Thyrus
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5405 on: October 23, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »

And yet it completely changes the gameplay on Ganon's Castle, yay \o/

BTW, nice work with that platform Mewtwo. It blends really well with the stage.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #5406 on: October 23, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »

Mewtwo, nice alternate version of this. I love how you always go an extra mile. You're such an inspiring person.

Listen, what I dislike about the platform version is the black barrier/wall whatver you call it, since it's blocking the bridge and lava mostly.

It makes the stage look too black and white. Those two things make the stage have some life. Even a tetric stage as this, needs some color variation.

Other than that, outstanding job of course. No surprise there.

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #5407 on: October 23, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »

The platform version should have an additional 2 or 3 platforms to make It play better. Otherwise you might as well just put the platform from Final Destination on there. Im srs here Just sayin'.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #5408 on: October 24, 2011, 03:18:07 AM »

Hi. long time I've not been here around. First of all I'm really sorry about your dog. My cat died the day of Christmas last year of Cancer, it was really difficult for me, so I undestand what you feel.

Besides, your new stages are getting each time even more outstanding. Even if a mdl0 importer comes out : you should keep making stages on your own. Because you don't just redo stages, you improve them.
    Although an importer could be great, it just kills the spirit of stage hacking.

I really wish you luck for the future.
    Link40

The importer is already out, let's see if staging endures this ^^U

Thanks for your words, and also sorry about your cat. I've got a cat too, and unfortunately, she's next to die... If my dog was 14, she's now 13. She still looks young and such, but... I don't really know how much time cats can live...

I'll try keeping my style, or mix it with the newer things, while they have advantages. If a stage isn't going to look better when is imported, I just won't import it. Personally, I'm not at my best moment, and I've even thought about leaving this. Next days will decide what to do about brawl hacking.

It would have been worse if I didn't even made the platform version, right? -_-

And yet it completely changes the gameplay on Ganon's Castle, yay \o/

BTW, nice work with that platform Mewtwo. It blends really well with the stage.

Thanks Smiley

Mewtwo, nice alternate version of this. I love how you always go an extra mile. You're such an inspiring person.

Listen, what I dislike about the platform version is the black barrier/wall whatver you call it, since it's blocking the bridge and lava mostly.

It makes the stage look too black and white. Those two things make the stage have some life. Even a tetric stage as this, needs some color variation.

Other than that, outstanding job of course. No surprise there.

The idea with the platform was doing it similar to the piece of rock where the castle is. As a piece of rock, it needed some huge barrier/wall below, it wasn't going to look well as a flat platform. With this, collisions on the sides can be walls instead of ceilings, making it better to play (specially when you're trying to get back to the stage). Also, I've tried to show the castle, the real important part in that stage in my opinion, and not only the door, but the whole thing with the clouds and such. I've needed to change the lens in the camera a lot for this. I could easily change it so the rainbow and lava are seen, but the castle would not be seen. I could do this as an alternate version anyway. Another option is just resizing the platform in Y so it's more flat from below, and the lower part of the stage is seen aswell.

People decide xD

The platform version should have an additional 2 or 3 platforms to make It play better. Otherwise you might as well just put the platform from Final Destination on there. Im srs here Just sayin'.

Yeah, 1-2 platforms are planned already, I guess I said so somewhere before. They will be like pieces of the castle, and at least 1 of them will move.

About the final destination platform, I wanted to make a new platform that fit better with the stage. A 'Ganon Castle Final Destination' stage can be done, but it won't be Ganon's Castle', just a skin for Final Destination. And I prefered to make something different this time.

Sometimes I think I never do enough. I make something, and people still want something more. I make 7-8 alternate forms for stages, and people still come asking for more, as if the current ones were bad... Don't know if this is good (people care about my stages and want them to be the better, and know that I care enough to make those variations) or bad (my work isn't good enough, my thoughts are always wrong and what I try to do is never what people expect).

I'm gonna try to finish the stage during this week, althought it's difficult because of classes and such. The day I would have more time to hack at univ, my girl wants to come with me. And next weekend, we both go to visit her parents, instead of staying at home as lately. So, I may be delaying again...

At this rate, when I'm able to finish this stage, people will have imported the whole ocarina of time into brawl... *sigh*...

Edit: Oh, I've updated UV Tool and Material Tool, if anybody cares... UV Tool detects now the first UV offset, and hex values can be edited, not only decimal ones. And Material Tool is supposed to enable transparency for models, but I've not tested if that flag is just enough. If anybody wants to test...
    « Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:31:17 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

GBC
    Holy Kitten

animations and stuffffff

• Awards Star Hacker King for a Day Smash 3 Team >9000

« Reply #5409 on: October 24, 2011, 01:58:21 PM »

ive even thought about leaving this. Next days will decide what to do about brawl hacking.

LEAVE?!?!? stage imports wont beat stage making just like importing wont beat vertexing
    because some stages cant be imported like those conker and banjo stages your making and dont do it for us...do it in the name of your awesome dog "Wherever Vyse goes, cool follows." (may he R.I.P and i hope you see him again when you pass away)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

Would U like to play with Mii?

• Awards Favorite'd Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5410 on: October 24, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »

i hope you see him again when you pass away
    That's REALLY comforting. talking about the day HE dies! xD
    But he is right about one thing, imports can't do the kind of things you've done so far. I'm pretty sure that even now, importing stages such as Peach's/Ganondorf's Castle or Dark Link's Room would not be nearly as good. You know why? Because you PERFECTED those stages. Don't lose interest in what you love doing just because the fact that in the time it takes you to perfect a stage, someone else can make 10 half-assed imports.

Anyhow, I love that platform. You're going through some tough times indeed, my friend, but hang in there.

My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
    Bear Claws
    These claws are like a bear's, with
    melee attacks among the most
    devastating of any weapon. Their
    ranged shots are strong but have a
    short reach. If you can get up close,
    your foes won't know what hit them.

NNID: Allav866

Ls777
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5411 on: October 24, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »

Sometimes I think I never do enough. I make something, and people still want something more. I make 7-8 alternate forms for stages, and people still come asking for more, as if the current ones were bad... Don't know if this is good (people care about my stages and want them to be the better, and know that I care enough to make those variations) or bad (my work isn't good enough, my thoughts are always wrong and what I try to do is never what people expect).

Don't worry, your work is good. Ive gone through the entire brawl vault stage section, all of it, and many of yours are still on my wii (out of literally more than a 1000 stages)

If people nitpick, its because its a stage that they KNOW they will download and thus want super perfect

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #5412 on: October 24, 2011, 04:47:45 PM »

Well, If this is at all comforting "I don't know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

Basically, just try to do what you want as best as you can. Getting feedback is good, but you have to know what feedback to listen to and what feedback to ignore.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5413 on: October 24, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »

If you leave, stages hacks will suck because without you around I feel like everyone else will get lazy. You pushed stage hacking to where it is and I feel like there will always be a need for you to keep pushing everyone else's standards higher.

Besides, you can't import original stages. SSB64 had some of the best stages and none of them were explicitly based on anything from another game.

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5414 on: October 24, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »

Actually, you can grab captures of N64 models...
    But Mewtwo2000, why would you stop now? There's so much more potential now. You can put the half the amount of effort as you have done so in the past, and still produce endlessly-improved stages. You have so many possibilities to work with...

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Pages:  1 ... 358 359 360 [361] 362 363 364 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: