Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12
Author Topic: Current Public Clone Engine  (Read 71001 times)
♤♡◇♧
The Corrupted
Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 03:57:01 PM »

Then I guess we should agree to disagree.

But do know that, at least in my personal opinion, it's much more disrespectful to publicise someone's hard work without there permission than asking people not to use it, if only because of it's unfinished state.
    So don't accuse us of being disrespectful, because you're doing pretty much the same, even right now.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »

This is an open-source community, always has been. You're an old-timer of this forum, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Project Melee dveloppers can develop their project in the backroom however they want. But if you come here, don't expect to impose your ideal vision of how people should use their codes without encountering some resistance.
    When in Rome, do as the Romans do.  Azn
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:38:09 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Rin
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »

My... I thought this issue was settled on the past thread, leading to the red warning on the top of the main post as the solution, wasn't it?

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »

My... I thought this issue was settled on the past thread, leading to the red warning on the top of the main post as the solution, wasn't it?
    Well you weren't supposed to post this in the first place since it was stolen.....sooooo....

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 05:56:46 PM »

Well you weren't supposed to post this in the first place since it was stolen.....sooooo....
    Regardless, they were already shared, and we aren't going to remove the thread, so could you (And the rest) stop posting about it now? Thanks. Smiley

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »

It's true that the codes aren't going to be publicized in txt form, at least for the time being.

And here's a method we used to conclude that the Clone Engine codes, at the time, were bugged:
    Go and play through All-Star mode (preferably with default Mario) after having at least used the clones once in VS mode, so that the game has saved the clones result date to the save file (preferably a clone with some sort of article, like Sonic's spring).
    When you reach the Kirby tier, try and hit DDD (the on disk moveset file should suffice, but an SD loaded moveset file is recommended), and if that crashes the game, then you know the save file has been irreversibly corrupted (if it doesn't happen the first time, try replaying All-Star mode after rebooting the Wii).

This method is the most reliable way of indicating whenever or not the save got corrupted, but it's not 100% consistent, nor is All-Star mode the only thing that gets bugged (games randomly crashing when you hit someone during VS mode matches being one of the more severe ones).

I made a backup before i did this. and under these very extreme circumstances i can confirm that it does break the save file. this is a very specific events to follow. i don't even use All star mode i just use VS. so it is broken, i just never found it cause all i do is brawl.

so yeah, i'll wait the allotted time it'll take to get the Clone engine. although i'm not a fan of Project:M, but i knew i was going to have to go to it eventually. though i can't use any custom characters they way the GCT works.

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 06:29:13 PM »

I made a backup before i did this. and under these very extreme circumstances i can confirm that it does break the save file. this is a very specific events to follow. i don't even use All star mode i just use VS. so it is broken, i just never found it cause all i do is brawl.

so yeah, i'll wait the allotted time it'll take to get the Clone engine. although i'm not a fan of Project:M, but i knew i was going to have to go to it eventually. though i can't use any custom characters they way the GCT works.

All star mode isn't where the corruption is caused, it's just a fairly consistent way of telling if your save is corrupted.

The corruption has other, subtler effects. Some benign, some potentially game destroying.

As much as I may disagree with the PMBR, they do test their codes thoroughly - something you've already proven that you haven't.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »

As much as I may disagree with the PMBR, they do test their codes thoroughly - something you've already proven that you haven't.
    They do? Then how come they haven't explained where cBliss corrupts the save file? Because, if you go read cBliss' first 3 pages, you'd find the PMBR stating it does and explaining several (Not working) ways of how it could be corrupted with it.
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:36:25 PM by Albafika » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 06:42:28 PM »

I checked the thread and there are no replies from PMBR members in the first 11 pages of the Cbliss thread. -_-

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 06:52:56 PM »

They do? Then how come they haven't explained where cBliss corrupts the save file? Because, if you go read cBliss' first 3 pages, you'd find the PMBR stating it does and explaining several (Not working) ways of how it could be corrupted with it.
    Extra Character Slot, I believe. Not cBliss. .w.

Then again, somebody had sabotaged the codes that ASF1nk had initially reposted from OpenSA. No wonder it wasn't working well at first.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »

All star mode isn't where the corruption is caused, it's just a fairly consistent way of telling if your save is corrupted.

The corruption has other, subtler effects. Some benign, some potentially game destroying.

all i do is pretty much is do VS mode with computers and friends. so going everywhere and testing all the possible routes down to all the possible combinations that can happen isn't in my book of things to do. doesn't matter i'm done using this for a while until Project:M releases it's next version so i can enjoy Roy and Mewtwo. it's the two characters i've cloned in the game. and the third is stupid and useless. either way i'm pretty much just going to wait.

either way; i've joined the bandwagon on disagreeing with this. it's not as stable as expected. and upon reading the Project:m website they have some sexy stuff they want to do. some of the gameplay videos really hypes me up

final word:
    this is good if you want to see what the Clone engine can one day be like.
    it's bad overall cause it is missing cosmetics; or doing it in a proper way.
    it's also bad because it's lacking proper support and it's a year old codeset from what i've read

good if you want a preview or buggy demo
    bad on everything else.
    Now i know, and knowing is half the battle

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 06:59:41 PM »

I checked the thread and there are no replies from PMBR members in the first 11 pages of the Cbliss thread. -_-
    I meant Extra Character Slot. These posts, specifically:
    Well, unless you don't mind having a bugged save, a reasonable change of borked tags and occasional crashes (especially on the title screen), along with the more random things like DDD freezing the game when hit and sudden increases in character momentum that is.
    (so don't insinuate that my warnings are mute just because you didn't get a freeze with DDD after fighting him like 10 times Albafika)
    Still using the Extra Character Slot. More than 10 matches in FFA against DDD (Since 2 of my RL friends play him). No corrupting/freeze yet.

So much for thoroughly testing everything.

Extra Character Slot, I believe. Not cBliss. .w.

Then again, somebody had sabotaged the codes that ASF1nk had initially reposted from OpenSA. No wonder it wasn't working well at first.
    Ninja'ed. .-.
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:06:30 PM by Albafika » Logged

♤♡◇♧
    The Corrupted
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 07:25:12 PM »

Do you even know the meaning of the word 'random'?
    This might help you, in case you're struggling: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/random

And because it didn't happen for you in those 10+ matches doesn't mean that it isn't there, nor that we didn't thoroughly tested our codes.
    Nor are the crashes limited to just DDD, but it just so happens that he's a bit more prone to cause them.
    The momentum stuff however is very random, and to be honest, only happened to me like three times before fixing the codes.

@Miacis
    If you're trying to point fingers at someone, at least be a man about it.
    Because your behaviour right now is anything but professional, and you being an admin, you should know better than to throw put shots and make snarky remarks directed to other users (not only in this thread, but also in the general Project M thread).

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 07:30:06 PM »

Do you even know the meaning of the word 'random'?
    This might help you, in case you're struggling: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/random

And because it didn't happen for you in those 10+ matches doesn't mean that it isn't there, nor that we didn't thoroughly tested our codes.
    Nor are the crashes limited to just DDD, but it just so happens that he's a bit more prone to cause them.
    The momentum stuff however is very random, and to be honest, only happened to me like three times before fixing the codes.
    Yeah, you are totally right. It will happen someday. Maybe in a year or 2 of playing with my friends. It seems to have happened to you guys when using these codes! I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I'll invite over my friends more days than Sunday hoping it, someday, happens.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 07:31:11 PM »

I'm curious as to why the thread is still open after it was admitted the codes were stolen (unless I'm missing something here).

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: