Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do hit boxes follow the bone??  (Read 1537 times)
Funzy <3
Maven of the Strings
Supreme Kitten

Party!

• Awards Hot Topic 64-bit Core Gamer Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 24, 2010, 08:23:33 PM »

In brawl box when you make an animation say Zss ftilt if i made her leg stretch out lets say like forward would the hit box follow the bone its originally on or stay in its usual spot?

Personas: Rikku Fabool (FFX-2), Yuzuki Yukari ( Vocaloid 3), Shuichi Shindou ( Gravitation), Sunao Fujimori (Sukisyo), Belphegor  ( Katekyo Hitman Reborn) ,Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw), Roxy ( Final Fight), Human Duskull (Pokemon), Human Haunter (Pokemon), Human Jirachi (Pokemon), Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts). Monica (Dark Cloud 2) CoCo Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) Galaco (Vocaloid 3), Uni (Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2), Anime Lady GaGa (Nuff Said) Teto Kasane (Utau), Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler), Iris Heart (Hyperdiminsion Neptunia Victory) [When Pride isn't using her >w>]

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:38:11 AM »

i think i know what ur saying. If you make a bigger hit box for an attack it does NOT

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 11:41:22 AM »

i think i know what ur saying. If you make a bigger hit box for an attack it does NOT follow the bone. for example. theres a PSA out called awesome falcon. its for cpt falcon. it makes it so his arial attacks can hit u from hyrule castle length apart. and does 999 dmg. anyways. even though he can hit u from across the stage. his knee (forward arial A) doesnt stretch to where he is.  only the hit box does.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 01:13:08 PM »

I'm not that experienced in PSA but I'm pretty sure that if you want a hitbox to follow a bone, it will be attached to wherever that bone is as long as you put a hit box on a bone and for however many frames you set it to before you terminate collision.

First pic is ZSamus' leg bone with ID in BrawlBox BoneID is 62

Second is converting ID into hex using windows Calculator

Last is how the hitbox follows the bone for her Dash Attack

Bone 3E, 3F and 40 are her leg, knee and foot. The hitbox stays on the bone until you terminate collision. I hope this helps and makes sense. If I said anything wrong feel free to correct me.

Funzy <3
    Maven of the Strings
    Supreme Kitten

Party!

• Awards Hot Topic 64-bit Core Gamer Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 03:01:43 PM »

Omg thenk you btw the strestch thing was just an example not an actual project XP

Personas: Rikku Fabool (FFX-2), Yuzuki Yukari ( Vocaloid 3), Shuichi Shindou ( Gravitation), Sunao Fujimori (Sukisyo), Belphegor  ( Katekyo Hitman Reborn) ,Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw), Roxy ( Final Fight), Human Duskull (Pokemon), Human Haunter (Pokemon), Human Jirachi (Pokemon), Boris Airay (Alice in the Country of Hearts). Monica (Dark Cloud 2) CoCo Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) Galaco (Vocaloid 3), Uni (Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2), Anime Lady GaGa (Nuff Said) Teto Kasane (Utau), Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler), Iris Heart (Hyperdiminsion Neptunia Victory) [When Pride isn't using her >w>]

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: