The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 02, 2014, 06:55:17 AM #120 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:19:19 AM by Jade_Rock
You are so amazing!

I wanna try my build of this first,one more try!

Maybe I can understand this with the codes and stuff you gave me so I can add more people.

EDIT:So it didn't work it loaded the strap screen and it had the normal Main menu with Brawl- CSS and it froze on the character select.

Quote from: Kage Ryu on January 02, 2014, 06:13:43 AM
I'll just...repost my previous question then and add some info:
More specifics:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



That's all that's in my GCT (which is SD:/codes/RSBE01.gct). The only other files on the root of my SD card are:
private (folder)
background.png (Gecko OS background)
boot.elf (for loading Gecko OS via custom-stage method)

I removed the Random V1 code because it didn't seem to be the issue after I read up on it.


Contents of "private>wii>app>RSBE>pf" include everything contained in "Text Files" in the download.



Would you mind terribly PMing me the link to that as well, please?
ur current css code does not have the 3f, and 40, which u need for the extra characters to show up
also if u have a custom character selectio screen_en.pac, u need to remove it for now and boot up the game with out it

January 02, 2014, 07:48:36 AM #122 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:55:16 PM by sammi-husky
your welcome, its not too hard once you get the hang of it. :p took me a good while of messing around to get a real good grip on it, but now i can do it pretty easily.  :D

The key things not to forget, are that for each character you add, there are 4 files that you need to put in the BrawlEx folders.

You get the templates for each of the configs from the templates that came with the download in the OP. Copy them before you edit them though, that way you dont need to redownload them.

You dont need to go to the website to get the ID's anymore, just go into the templates and find files whose name is the character you want to add in the new slot. take all four files, and change the numbers to the ID number you added to the css code, while also removing the names of the characters.

for the fighter config, first go to the fighter config templats, and find the one that has the same name as the character you used for the other configs you found. open it up in the BrawlEx config editor.  at the top of the window, there should be a text box that has the name of the character your replacing. type EX at the end of it, then save the file wherever you had copied the other files to and change the 00 at the end of 'fighter00' to whatever number you added to the CSS code.

The last thing that you MUST do, is go to the EXmodules folder that came with the downloads, copy the file that has the name of the character you want to add, and then open it in phantom wings module editor 3.3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fh3spn0wnhm4sjd/Module%20Editor%203.3.zip

expand the first item, then click on section[8] and hit the memory view button. change THE FIRST ENTRY to 000000XX where XX is the number that you added to the CSS code and save it

after that is all done, move the config files to there respective places on the sdcard.

private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/BrawlEx

and the Module, to the module folder.

=======================

you should now have an extra slot, whose icon is the icon of the character you added.

BUT DONT CLICK ON IT YET.

that was only to see if you did everything right so far.

if everything went right, go back to the sdcard, and make a folder in the private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/Fighter folder
and name the folder whatever character your adding with Ex on the end.

now in that folder, you must put all of the files that are to be loaded by that character. (moveset, motion file, costumes)

====================

i THINK that's everything. i may have forgotten something. either way, follow the instructions in the OP, if you dont understand something, look at this post and the layout of the files that i uploaded.

This probably wasn't the CLEAREST or easiest thing to follow, but i dont really know how else i would be able to help ;_;

With this...

Pokemon Type:Wild Wii Edition anyone?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 02, 2014, 07:32:10 AM
ur current css code does not have the 3f, and 40, which u need for the extra characters to show up
also if u have a custom character selectio screen_en.pac, u need to remove it for now and boot up the game with out it
Quote from: Kage Ryu on January 02, 2014, 06:13:43 AM
I'll just...repost my previous question then and add some info:
More specifics:

I've also tried it with and without the Ex characters (the IkeEx and MarthEx example files provided in the download). However, no matter what characters I select on the CSS (including default ones), the game crashes at the Stage Select Screen.

Here's the current code:

(Note that I have also tried replacing the last line with 0A23193F 40290000 and the sixth-to-last line with 06680DE0 00000026. This properly changes the CSS the way I want it, so I don't think it's the issue.)

And I have no custom screen_en.pac. I think it may have been the Stack Smash file I was using to load them—I was using PM 2.6b's stack smash, which might load files differently or something. But the CSS icons worked just fine for the extra characters when I had 3F/40 part of the code in there, it just froze whenever I went to the SSS.



Anywho, I think I'll just take the file and info that Sammi kindly provided and work off of that.


Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 02, 2014, 06:55:17 AM
EDIT:So it didn't work it loaded the strap screen and it had the normal Main menu with Brawl- CSS and it froze on the character select.

But the one i uploaded did work right?

January 02, 2014, 08:31:34 AM #126 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:46:29 AM by Jade_Rock
No I seen 3 random icons and it froze with the long beeeep noise.It didn't work it loaded the strap screen and it had the normal Main menu with Brawl- CSS and it froze on the character select.

EDIT:Is there anything I need to do to your build becuase it is still freezing after editing the modules.



no there shouldn't be anything needed to be done to it. make a backup copy of your sdcard, then delete everything on it. then place the files on it from my download. if it still doesn't work after a completely new install, then let me know.

but be sure to backup your sdcard, that way you dont lose any textures in case it still doesnt work

Since I had no experience with what Sammi had said I went all;



Take no offense, lol.

So now I  did a fresh install and I have 3 Random Icons,Marth loaded fine but when I went over the random slot the game froze.

If it works I would see another Marth icon right?

hmmm...is your wii modded? are you using gecko os to load the game? i didnt modify the stack smash code, which may cause issues. if your not using gecko, that would be a problem lol

also, the bottom should have ike, the 3 pokemon, and then the actual random icon. do you see the extra ike?

January 02, 2014, 05:55:50 PM #131 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:57:32 PM by Eternal Yoshi
Oh dear. Looks like I have to try to make a EXModule for Toon Link tonight. Meta Knight and Ganon too.

Still going at a snail's pace so I can ensure I did everything else right.



Great work PW. Hope I can figure out how to get it to work correctly soon :P Does it work properly with Brawl+? Probably just going to design a custom CSS atm til I feel comfortable enough with the code to actually attempt it haha

January 02, 2014, 07:54:32 PM #133 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:55:32 PM by Jade_Rock
I am using usb loader gx with ocarina,I can try it on my wii u Vwii using gecko through the homebrew channel.

To not use stack smash I delete the boot.elf and the bin file in:Private/wii/app/rsbe right?

January 02, 2014, 08:10:08 PM #134 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:13:46 PM by sammi-husky
Well, as long as you dont rename the codes in the 'CODES' folder, then it should be set up to not use stack smash.

i dont know if usb loader gx is causing the problem...it shouldn't be as far as i konw.

but the setup that i had put up for download used gecko os. so you might want to try it that way if its possible.

EDIT: when you tested it last, did it have the extra ike slot?