The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

February 21, 2014, 04:54:57 AM #2880 Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:58:43 AM by Xero874
Quote from: secretchaos1 on February 21, 2014, 04:53:41 AM
Isn't that what happens when CSSRoster.dat isn't present in your BrawlEx folder?
I'll try that! Hopefully it will fix it :)

Post Merge: February 21, 2014, 04:58:43 AM

Wait, do I just change the added ID to the character ID that is in the BrawlEx config folders?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on February 21, 2014, 04:54:57 AM
I'll try that! Hopefully it will fix it :)

Post Merge: February 21, 2014, 04:58:43 AM

Wait, do I just change the added ID to the character ID that is in the BrawlEx config folders?

Hi there, i'm actually planning on making a new tutorial. possibly tonight. This one will cover the new version, and will make use of the BrawlEx Clone Tool i'm developing. To answer your question, just put 'CSSRoster.dat' in the BrawlEx folder. then open it up in the newest version of the config editor. :P

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 21, 2014, 05:00:35 AM
Hi there, i'm actually planning on making a new tutorial. possibly tonight. This one will cover the new version, and will make use of the BrawlEx Clone Tool i'm developing. To answer your question, just put 'CSSRoster.dat' in the BrawlEx folder. then open it up in the newest version of the config editor. :P
Alright, thanks!
And a new tutorial would be amazing! :)

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on February 21, 2014, 04:47:18 AM
Hey guys! I just downloaded the new BrawlEx CSS Expansion update, but when I finished up cloning Sonic.
This happened http://puu.sh/74ezM.jpg
There is nothing in my CSS... lol
I followed Huskies tutorial.
Hoping someone can help me!  :kdance:

I'm having this same error now. Is there a quick way to fix it?

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on February 21, 2014, 05:07:10 AM
I'm having this same error now. Is there a quick way to fix it?
Just put the CSSRoster.dat into your BrawlEx folder.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on February 21, 2014, 05:08:10 AM
Just put the CSSRoster.dat into your BrawlEx folder.

It is in the folder...

So I don't know why this is happening.  :srs:

My CSS came back after putting the file in the folder, but. My clone is not there?
Can someone do a quick lil' text tutorial on how to add something to the CSSRoster.dat?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

For anyone familiar with Brawl Minus' codes and configs:

When BrawlEx is active, Ganondorf's "Gandoken" deals massive damage; much more than usual. I looked in the Ocarina codes but none of them would've done anything to it. Would anyone know where I can go to fix this?

Quote from: JPW62490 on February 21, 2014, 05:21:28 AM
For anyone familiar with Brawl Minus' codes and configs:

When BrawlEx is active, Ganondorf's "Gandoken" deals massive damage; much more than usual. I looked in the Ocarina codes but none of them would've done anything to it. Would anyone know where I can go to fix this?
This is most likely just a bug that Phantom will have to fix.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on February 21, 2014, 05:16:12 AM
My CSS came back after putting the file in the folder, but. My clone is not there?
Can someone do a quick lil' text tutorial on how to add something to the CSSRoster.dat?

Use the BrawlEx Config Utility to open up CSSRoster.dat, then increase the number above the list by one, and scroll down to the bottom. You should see a new slot for 00 - Mario. Double-click the 00, and replace it with the ID number for your clone (for example, if you followed the example tutorial in the OP, it would be 3F). Then click the Random button above the list and do the same process. Save the file, make sure it's saved in the BrawlEx folder on your SD Card as CSSRoster.dat.

Hope that helps!
Something remixed this way comes...

February 21, 2014, 05:39:40 AM #2890 Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:42:03 AM by Xero874
Quote from: SilverBaretta on February 21, 2014, 05:33:00 AM
Use the BrawlEx Config Utility to open up CSSRoster.dat, then increase the number above the list by one, and scroll down to the bottom. You should see a new slot for 00 - Mario. Double-click the 00, and replace it with the ID number for your clone (for example, if you followed the example tutorial in the OP, it would be 3F). Then click the Random button above the list and do the same process. Save the file, make sure it's saved in the BrawlEx folder on your SD Card as CSSRoster.dat.

Hope that helps!
Didn't work. Clone still isn't showing up :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

So I am very confused about my CSS at the moment...

So earlier today it was working just fine, when I wasn't using the CSSRoster.dat file, but just the codes instead.
So then I decided to create my own CSSRoster.dat so that I could have the icons in the order that I want, and the characters I want (like separate pokemon).

So here is what it looks like:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm sure it looks fine, but I am now getting a blank CSS screen. Anyone know why this is happening? And yes, the file is in the right location.

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on February 21, 2014, 05:57:22 AM
So I am very confused about my CSS at the moment...

So earlier today it was working just fine, when I wasn't using the CSSRoster.dat file, but just the codes instead.
So then I decided to create my own CSSRoster.dat so that I could have the icons in the order that I want, and the characters I want (like separate pokemon).

So here is what it looks like:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm sure it looks fine, but I am now getting a blank CSS screen. Anyone know why this is happening? And yes, the file is in the right location.
I would just wait until Huskie uploads a new tutorial. (As he said maybe tonight).

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

I didn't really wanna register just to ask this but searching didn't help.

Now, I want to clone a character that doesn't have all the necessary files. In this case: Jigglypuff. She has several Spy files (instead of just one), and doesn't have Dark/Fake files. On top of that, she doesn't have a section 8 in her module.

So, because of this, I get a soft lock when loading a stage. What would I have to do? And if I have to post this in the Help section, then I will, though I'd get a more relevant answer here.

Quote from: Kaylie on February 21, 2014, 06:11:52 AM
I didn't really wanna register just to ask this but searching didn't help.

Now, I want to clone a character that doesn't have all the necessary files. In this case: Jigglypuff. She has several Spy files (instead of just one), and doesn't have Dark/Fake files. On top of that, she doesn't have a section 8 in her module.

So, because of this, I get a soft lock when loading a stage. What would I have to do? And if I have to post this in the Help section, then I will, though I'd get a more relevant answer here.

I'm pretty sure you can't clone Jigglypuff at the moment. For a clone to work they require their ExModule files. There currently isn't a Jigglypuff BrawlEx module, so Jiggly cannot be cloned for now. Until there is an update with more modules.