The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

For the love of god, please do not delete your save. What is it with that suddenly being the go to solution for everything? Why not just take a hammer to your console while you're at it?

Over 6 years of Brawl hacking, there has been only one documented form of save corruption. That one type of save corruption has known symptoms and a known fix to it. Anything else is either bugs directly within BrawlEx, your patching method, or your BrawlEx setup.

Please do not resort to most extreme measures so easily. At least have the foresight to backup your save first.

Quote from: Batman on February 22, 2014, 01:26:40 AM
Alright. Give me a moment.

No, don't use the unlock characters code, PhantomWings said that code may be just asking for save corruption, that code should be a last/second to last resort next to deleting the save and being forced to start over...

February 22, 2014, 01:37:54 AM #2987 Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:39:08 AM by Batman
Quote from: PhantomWings on February 22, 2014, 01:34:43 AM
For the love of god, please do not delete your save. What is it with that suddenly being the go to solution for everything? Why not just take a hammer to your console while you're at it?

Over 6 years of Brawl hacking, there has been only one documented form of save corruption. That one type of save corruption has known symptoms and a known fix to it. Anything else is either bugs directly within BrawlEx, your patching method, or your BrawlEx setup.

Please do not resort to most extreme measures so easily. At least have the foresight to backup your save first.

So in my case I use the music reset as well? I just came back and I missed like 6-7 pages...

Post Merge: February 22, 2014, 01:39:08 AM

Quote from: SpoonTheMan on February 22, 2014, 01:35:49 AM
No, don't use the unlock characters code, PhantomWings said that code may be just asking for save corruption, that code should be a last/second to last resort next to deleting the save and being forced to start over...

What should I do then?.. .__.

Yes, if you're having problems in the My Music menu, use the reset codes.

Just so everyone knows, I was having problems with the SD Card no longer being read after the first match ends, and I thought it might have been a corrupted save as well. (I replaced it with a recent backup, which I always keep so no harm done). Nope. Just found out, it turned out to just be a faulty SD Card. Switching to a new one fixed it no problem. Just in case anyone else ever has the same problem.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

i apologize for my crap advice...in truth..i um...didnt know a music code like that existed ^^'...whoops...well thats a few days of my life i wont get back XD
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

February 22, 2014, 01:46:01 AM #2991 Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:47:47 AM by PhantomWings
Quote from: Batman on February 22, 2014, 01:37:54 AM
So in my case I use the music reset as well? I just came back and I missed like 6-7 pages...

What should I do then?.. .__.

The My Music Reset codes are used to revert corrupted My Music settings from your save. If you do not have this problem, you should not use them. An easy way to check for this bug is to go into your My Music menu and try adjusting the settings for each track on each stage. If changing any one of them causes the game to lock or exhibit abnormal behavior, then your My Music settings are corrupted. Simply use the code associated with that stage to revert the corruption.

As far as using Nebulon's pack, you're on your own there until I can take the time to look into it. For the most part, you're just going to have to experiment like the rest of us until you can find what works for you.

Quote from: DarkDeity on February 22, 2014, 01:44:09 AM
i apologize for my crap advice...in truth..i um...didnt know a music code like that existed ^^'...whoops...well thats a few days of my life i wont get back XD

No harm was done this time. Careful with what advice you give out though.

yes sir mr. phantomwings -salutes-
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

February 22, 2014, 01:48:46 AM #2993 Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:54:52 AM by Batman
Quote from: SpoonTheMan on February 22, 2014, 01:39:57 AM
Yes, if you're having problems in the My Music menu, use the reset codes.

I don't believe that's my issue however. I was playing a few matches to test out. Then after the 5th-7th match after the results screen. I suddenly get a crap load of trophy's/CDs, etc. Afterwords it just silent froze me. Now going pass the loading screen when resetting is just all black. I even waited 15 minutes just to see if it may go through... Nothing.

Post Merge: February 22, 2014, 01:54:52 AM

Quote from: PhantomWings on February 22, 2014, 01:46:01 AM


I don't mind waiting for a while. I'm just curious what in the world happened?

Quote from: ShinF on February 22, 2014, 01:42:41 AM
Just so everyone knows, I was having problems with the SD Card no longer being read after the first match ends, and I thought it might have been a corrupted save as well. (I replaced it with a recent backup, which I always keep so no harm done). Nope. Just found out, it turned out to just be a faulty SD Card. Switching to a new one fixed it no problem. Just in case anyone else ever has the same problem.

I used to have this problem as well, constantly. I kept thinking maybe I need a new wii, so I just moved my hacks over to wii u, same problem persisted, I then realized my sd adapters were bad. Don't use cheap sd cards/sd adapters guys, saves you a lot of headaches.

February 22, 2014, 02:05:29 AM #2995 Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:07:20 AM by sammi-huskyEX
can anybody else confirm the bug with homerun contest freezing, regardless of character?

Quote from: Batman on February 22, 2014, 01:48:46 AM
I don't believe that's my issue however. I was playing a few matches to test out. Then after the 5th-7th match after the results screen. I suddenly get a crap load of trophy's/CDs, etc. Afterwords it just silent froze me. Now going pass the loading screen when resetting is just all black. I even waited 15 minutes just to see if it may go through... Nothing.

Post Merge: February 22, 2014, 01:54:52 AM

I don't mind waiting for a while. I'm just curious what in the world happened?

From what you describe, it sounds like the same effect when you use any of the Unlock All X codes. However, Nebulon's pack only has the Unlock All Characters code which should only unlock the unlockable characters and a couple of the extra Assist Trophies - not trophies and music. And even then, it should all occur at startup after the opening video.

At the very least, you're going to need to do some diagnosis. If your save does have permanent damage besides My Music data, try booting the game without any codes. If the game still crashes, use the Savegame Manager to extract your save and send me a copy along with your current BrawlEx build. I'll see what I can do for you from there.

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 22, 2014, 02:05:29 AM
can anybody else confirm the bug with homerun contest freezing, regardless of character?

I never tested it beyond the CSS screen. When exactly does it freeze?

February 22, 2014, 02:21:58 AM #2997 Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:23:03 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
ive been using brawl ex and havent had any save problems at all. 
i did do some noob mistakes on the way though, like including Character Codes that modified the Character selection screen which gave issues

so i recommend to any one having problems

start from scratch
just using filepatch code
and start adding stuff slowly til u get it going

adding a lot of codes all at once is just asking for trouble   :srs:

Quote from: PhantomWings on February 22, 2014, 02:07:08 AM
From what you describe, it sounds like the same effect when you use any of the Unlock All X codes. However, Nebulon's pack only has the Unlock All Characters code which should only unlock the unlockable characters and a couple of the extra Assist Trophies - not trophies and music. And even then, it should all occur at startup after the opening video.

At the very least, you're going to need to do some diagnosis. If your save does have permanent damage besides My Music data, try booting the game without any codes. If the game still crashes, use the Savegame Manager to extract your save and send me a copy along with your current BrawlEx build. I'll see what I can do for you from there.

I never tested it beyond the CSS screen. When exactly does it freeze?

Ah, however I have not use Nebulons codes. Someone provided me these besides the tripping code. I put that in myself. Unless that's what's wrong?.. The unknown code I assume is the My Music code. I'll provide the codes just in case. I will remove them in a moment to test if there was something in the code. But do I need to remove the patch as well? I assume not, and I will leave that only there.. But anywhom, lol.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Post Merge: February 22, 2014, 02:24:20 AM

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 22, 2014, 02:21:58 AM


just using filepatch code


I'm about to do just that, lol.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 22, 2014, 02:21:58 AM
ive been using brawl ex and havent had any save problems at all.   :srs:
i did do some noob mistakes on the way though, like including Character Codes that modified the Character selection screen which gave issues

so i recommend to any one having problems

start from scratch
just using filepatch code
and start adding stuff slowly til u get it going

adding a lot of codes all at once is just asking for trouble
This^^. I found this out the hard way when I began making clones. Everybody who is just now starting cloning should read this post.