The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KidCraft24 on February 25, 2014, 12:42:41 PM
Surprised we haven't gotten luigi's module yet, considering he has a few interesting psas particularly that bomberman one, also the olimar ex module has some bugs where his down b causes pikmin to freeze and when they try to go from leaf to bud or flower they freeze the game.

The bomberman one  would have been interesting had it been completed. It's an unfinished psa unfortunately
You Never Know!

How do you clone a character and have the character in the same slot as the clone?

Example: Mario/Dr.Mario [Project M3]

February 25, 2014, 05:53:01 PM #3212 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:54:05 PM by ShinF
Quote from: Kyouma on February 25, 2014, 01:52:03 PM
I have a question about the recolors number, i saw how to add more than 6 recolors, but how do I edit the CSSConfig file on he editor to make the character have just 4 recolors? (I already edited the fighterconfig)
You mean make the character have 4 costumes? You would open the CSSSlot Config in a hex editor and change the last two lines. Every set of two bits in those lines is a costume. The first bit determines Team Color. 00 means Red Team, 01 means Blue Team and 03 means Green Team. Any other bit would make it not a Team Color. The second bit determines the costume attached to it. 00 would be FitFighter00, for example. Then after all the costumes, you put 0C00 to end the line. So if you wanted one with four costumes (default + red, green and blue Team Colors) you could use these lines:

02000001 03020103 0C000000 00000000
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Quote from: JPW62490 on February 25, 2014, 04:58:21 PM
How do you clone a character and have the character in the same slot as the clone?

Example: Mario/Dr.Mario [Project M3]

I don't believe you can do that. Dr. Mario in Project M wasn't a Clone, just an alternate costume.

Besides, the CSS has more than enough room for all our clones now.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

February 25, 2014, 05:53:10 PM #3213 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:06:49 PM by SpoonTheMan
Quote from: zutox on February 25, 2014, 02:11:26 PM
The bomberman one  would have been interesting had it been completed. It's an unfinished psa unfortunately

Meh, CaliKingz is nearly done (I think) with Bomberman over Link anyway, I found a video not too long ago from September and it looks like it's gonna be awesome: SSBB MODZ: BomberMan Over Link

Quote from: JPW62490 on February 25, 2014, 04:58:21 PM
How do you clone a character and have the character in the same slot as the clone?

Example: Mario/Dr.Mario [Project M3]

I would like to know this sort of thing too, for later on (Make the CSS look proper (example: multiple Mario clones/movesets directed to specific CSPs) rather than have the CSS cluttered with multiple variations of the same character, that way, it wouldn't look bad having say, 5 different Marios).

Would making the clones playable in SSE/Tourney/Rotation just require encoding them to those rosters? SSE's roster is quite more complex than Tourney's/Rotation's so that'd be a bit more difficult.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


I hope we get a module for Samus. I don't think i'm the only one whose wanted to see a Samus versus Dark Samus. :) doesn't have to transform even, i don't think a lot of her PSAs do. If they do then i'm sure there's A tutorial that could be provided for how to disable it.

And ROB. Caliking's Megaman X is a treasure to behold and with an updated version just around the corner, people are gonna want him in Ex.

Toon Link and Falco have a PSA i enjoy as well, but the first two are what i check for every day :).
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

We can actually clone Ganondorf now??

Time to dust out my old Clone Engine SD card and add Tabuu. ;D

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 25, 2014, 08:21:34 PM
We can actually clone Ganondorf now??

Time to dust out my old Clone Engine SD card and add Tabuu. ;D
you will need to update your clone engine then simce pw updated it like 3 times by now
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ok, thanks for the heads up, Carn. :)

Gonna try it out for sure.

Welp, I tried the Tabuu over ganondorf. It worked perfectly, even with ganon fighting him (though there were a few graphical glitches, not sure about ganon's own final smash). However, I did a team battle with 3 Mario clones vs Tabuu and BAM, crash as soon as it said "Go". Oh well, maybe I can find another ganondorf hack or something.

I get an error when trying to replace the model and animation in sc_selcharacter. (I put it in common5.pac) It gives me "index out of range".

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 25, 2014, 10:10:52 PM
I get an error when trying to replace the model and animation in sc_selcharacter. (I put it in common5.pac) It gives me "index out of range".

I have a new video tut using the new expansion, and I'll probably make one showing how to replace those files. I ALSO programmed a tool for BrawlEx that is used in that tutorial. You should check it out. Its in the OP of this thread and in my sig

Just want to clarify: in the EX module when I'm cloning a character, if I don't change the module ID (not talking about the fighter ID in section 8 here) what possible errors could occur?

A few crashes and problems are possible. Mainly because two characters should not have same module Id. The game wouldn't know what is what

Hm...in that case, what would be good IDs to use? I already exhausted 91-9F, and I'm not sure about other module numbers like A4 (if I can even use that) or stage module numbers.