The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 07, 2014, 10:49:16 PM #3705 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:50:07 PM by ShinF
Quote from: Power Marshall on March 07, 2014, 09:12:09 PM
Right. I am using the good ol' Brawl Disc haha. I tried the USB Loader GX and it still didn't work. Also, is there a Hooktype in that Launcher, I couldn't find it in the launcher/loader settings.
USB Loader does, but the Project M Launcher does not. I've never had issues loading the game through it, though. It is worth noting I have a config.dat for Gecko with the hooktype set on my SD Card.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

I found it. However, it was already on AXNextFrame, or something like that. It still didn't load up the clone. Maybe I should change the IOS? By default, it's set to 249 for game and System IOS. Should I change that?


Btw, Thanks guys. I appreciate all the help I'm getting.
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Power Marshall on March 07, 2014, 10:52:10 PM
I found it. However, it was already on AXNextFrame, or something like that. It still didn't load up the clone. Maybe I should change the IOS? By default, it's set to 249 for game and System IOS. Should I change that?

Btw, Thanks guys. I appreciate all the help I'm getting.
Did you add the clone to the CSS using the Config Utility to add him to CSSRoster.dat?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Yes. I also just went in and opened the CSSRoster.dat in the Config Utility and saw FighterEx3F or something in the list. It was after Random, so I reversed the order, so now it was before Random in the list. I opened USB Loader GX and loaded the Disc with AXNextFrame, and Ocarina on. I went to the CSS in the game, no change.
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 07, 2014, 11:22:50 PM #3709 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:24:12 PM by ShinF
Quote from: Power Marshall on March 07, 2014, 11:06:20 PM
Yes. I also just went in and opened the CSSRoster.dat in the Config Utility and saw FighterEx3F or something in the list. It was after Random, so I reversed the order, so now it was before Random in the list. I opened USB Loader GX and loaded the Disc with AXNextFrame, and Ocarina on. I went to the CSS in the game, no change.

Do any other mods show up properly in the game? Like, if you put a costume on Mario for instance, does it work? There are only two possibilities I can see here. Either BrawlEx is not loading, or the FPC isn't loading anything from the card because of the SDHC. This'll tell us which it is.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Wow, no it doesn't even load textures on characters, or anything. I put a Toon link texture on, and loaded it, but it didn't show in game. Maybe it's the code?
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

r u using dvd or iso
if ur using iso ur iso is probably bad

March 07, 2014, 11:34:42 PM #3712 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:36:12 PM by ShinF
Quote from: Power Marshall on March 07, 2014, 11:32:10 PM
Wow, no it doesn't even load textures on characters, or anything. I put a Toon link texture on, and loaded it, but it didn't show in game. Maybe it's the code?

Okay, that means that the game isn't loading anything from the SDHC card. It's not a BrawlEx issue, the game just isn't reading from the card because it doesn't recognize it. Try launching the game through the Project M Launcher, that's always let it work for me.

Quote from: SmashKing64 on March 07, 2014, 11:33:57 PM
r u using dvd or iso
if ur using iso ur iso is probably bad

He said he's using the disc.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

I did use Project M launcher before, and selected PLAY, and it gave me a black screen. Do I need something as well as the PM Launcher?
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Power Marshall on March 07, 2014, 11:38:43 PM
I did use Project M launcher before, and selected PLAY, and it gave me a black screen. Do I need something as well as the PM Launcher?

Hmmm, how long did you wait before you turned it off? Loading BrawlEx adds some extra loading time at the very beginning, usually about 10 to 20 seconds for me.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

I waited a pretty long time. Roughly an hour or two, and nothing happened.

I'm assuming it froze or crash, which I don't understand the reason for..
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 07, 2014, 11:47:52 PM #3716 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:49:27 PM by ShinF
Quote from: Power Marshall on March 07, 2014, 11:41:05 PM
I waited a pretty long time. Roughly an hour or two, and nothing happened.

Can't say I've ever experienced that. I have an idea. I'll just upload the root of my SD Card (minus the codes and private folders, since I'm sure you want to set that up yourself - you just need FPC and SDHC Extension) and you can try to use setup I've got. I don't know if it'll change anything, but it's worth a shot. It's got both Gecko and Project M Launchers in it, but use the Project M one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fguacvkufnxncka/i1JHTNbcDg

Or if you want a pre-made build, Nebulon and I have ours in our signatures. (His has more characters, but mine has a cBliss effect). I'd try the setup above first, though.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

ive had issues with usbloader not recognizing codes
the only way to get it working is to have ur codes in txt format
and convert em to gct using usbloader'sgx internal converter

March 08, 2014, 12:01:38 AM #3718 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 12:08:38 AM by Power Marshall
I put your files in place of mine of the SD Card. I launched Project M Launcher, I selected PLAY, it fade to Black. Nothing afterwards..

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 07, 2014, 11:54:20 PM
ive had issues with usbloader not recognizing codes
the only way to get it working is to have ur codes in txt format
and convert em to gct using usbloader'sgx internal converter
Where would that be?


Also, would it help if I said, that I'm still on v3.2U?
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Power Marshall on March 08, 2014, 12:01:38 AM
I put your files in place of mine of the SD Card. I launched Project M Launcher, I selected PLAY, it fade to Black. Nothing afterwards..
Where would that be?


Also, would it help if I said, that I'm still on v3.2U?
http://youtu.be/fEmeOyLNbBA

http://youtu.be/5QdmoC9pahk