The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 12, 2014, 04:05:50 AM
u must be doing something wrong than
i recommend to use brawlbox to edit sounds from the sound brsar
compare ur new sfx to orignal sfx
make sure everything matches and not to go over file size-remeber in riivo u can go over file size becaure riivo overrides everthing
filepatch is an on the fly system,
than open edited brsar in super sawnds
than export sawnd

The thing is, that I never exceed the filesize limit.
And I tried to to what you said before, but I still got the same effect:
New .sawnd included, non-sawnd SFX messed up.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

March 12, 2014, 04:37:28 AM #3976 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:40:05 AM by KingImpris
I tried it on the Wii console Maybe because i have the melee sawndz
Not only Megaman i went Cloud 4 players matches and it randomly froze Don't know why? :kdance:

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 12, 2014, 04:27:44 AM
The thing is, that I never exceed the filesize limit.
And I tried to to what you said before, but I still got the same effect:
New .sawnd included, non-sawnd SFX messed up.

Well, maybe what you're having happen is sawndz might not be exporting the sawnd files correctly, maybe you should import the sawnd file into a brsar and see what ID it says it's replacing in comparison to the ID of what you exported, if the ID(s) are different between what's exported and what's inserted, I believe the fix is this (If I remember right): delete the sawnd.sawnd file that exists in the program's directory (where sawndz.exe/SuperSawndz.exe is), then insert you're wav files or whatever they are and export your sawnd file (be sure you have the Group ID/Wave ID selected when you export so it exports only those sounds).

I guess the sawnd.sawnd file that shows in the directory contains data from other sounds inserted before and somehow conflicts when exporting any sounds >.> ?

Quote from: SpoonTheMan on March 12, 2014, 04:57:01 AM
Well, maybe what you're having happen is sawndz might not be exporting the sawnd files correctly, maybe you should import the sawnd file into a brsar and see what ID it says it's replacing in comparison to the ID of what you exported, if the ID(s) are different between what's exported and what's inserted, I believe the fix is this (If I remember right): delete the sawnd.sawnd file that exists in the program's directory (where sawndz.exe/SuperSawndz.exe is), then insert you're wav files or whatever they are and export your sawnd file (be sure you have the Group ID/Wave ID selected when you export so it exports only those sounds).

I guess the sawnd.sawnd file that shows in the directory contains data from other sounds inserted before and somehow conflicts when exporting any sounds >.> ?

I was having that problem a while back when I made Rosalina's sawnd. Peach's were incredibly messed up, so what I did was get a clean.brsar, open it up in Super Sawndz, then export Peach's soundbank as a .sawnd and put it in the SFX folder, named correctly of course.

Quote from: TheOriginalSINe on March 12, 2014, 08:41:25 AM
While we're on the topic of sound, after you create your swand, how do you know what to change the SoundBank to in the FighterConfig file of your clone character? Is it the hex value of the group ID in swands?

ASF1nk gave us all the hex IDs.


SoundBank IDs

---Common---
00 joucyu

---Character---
01 mario
02 link
03 pit
04 metaknight
05 dedede
06 Donkey
07 Samus
08 Yoshi
09 Kirby
0A Fox
0B Pikachu
0C Luigi
0D Captain
0E Ness
0F Koopa
10 Peach
11 Zelda
12 Iceclimber
13 Marth
14 GameWatch
15 Falco
16 Ganon
17 Wario
18 Pikmin
19 lucas
1A Diddy
1B PokeTrainer
1C PokeLizardon
1D PokeZenigame
1E PokeFushigisou
1F Lucario
20 Ike
21 Robot
22 Purin
23 ToonLink
24 Wolf
25 snake
26 Sonic
27 select (Character Select Screen)
28 ZakoFighter

---Kirby Copy---
29 All
2A Captain
2B Dedede
2C Diddy
2D Donkey
2E Falco
2F Fox
30 GameWatch
31 Ganon
32 Iceclimber
33 Ike
34 Koopa
35 Link
36 Lucario
37 Lucas
38 Luigi
39 Mario
3A Marth
3B Metaknight
3C Ness
3D Peach
3E Pikachu
3F Pikmin
40 Pit
41 3Set (PT's Pokemon)
42 Purin
43 Robot
44 Shiek
45 Snake
46 Sonic
47 SZerosuit
48 ToonLink
49 WarioMan
4A Wolf
4B Yoshi

---Stages---
4C Crayon
4D Dolpic
4E Mansion
4F MarioPast
50 Kart
51 Donkey
52 Jungle
53 Pirates
54 Oldin
55 Norfair
56 Orpheon
57 Halberd
58 Starfox
59 Stadium
5A Tengan
5B Fzero
5C Ice
5D GW
5E Emblem
5F Madein
60 Pikmin
61 Palutena
62 Famicom
63 Newpork
64 Village
65 Metalgear
66 Greenhill
67 Pictchat
68 Plankton
69 StageEdit
6A Garden
6B Zebes
6C Greens
6D Corneria
6E Pstadium
6F Bigblue
70 Onett

---Minigame---
71 Coinshooter
72 Cleargetter
73 Homerun
74 Target

---Other/Items---
75 CharaRoll
76 item
77 Monsterball

---Assist Trophies---
78 Jugem
79 Goroh
7A Joe
7B Waluigi
7C Resetsan
7D Nintendogs
7E Excitebike
7F Devil
80 Hammerbros
81 Metroid
82 Wright
83 Stafy
84 Tingle
85 Katana
86 Lin
87 Andross
88 Littlemac
89 Tank
8A Jeff
8B Heririn
8C Barbara
8D Cyborg
8E Customrobo
8F Robin
90 Saki
91 Kururi
92 Shadow

---Appeal Fox---
93 SPACE
94 COMBAT
95 CORNERIA
96 ASTEROID
97 BATTLESHIP
98 A
99 B
9A C
9B D
9C E
9D F
9E G
9F H
A0 I

---Appeal Falco---
A1 SPACE
A2 COMBAT
A3 CORNERIA
A4 ASTEROID
A5 BATTLESHIP
A6 A
A7 B
A8 C
A9 D
AA E

---Appeal Wolf---
AB SPACE
AC COMBAT
AD CORNERIA
AE ASTEROID
AF BATTLESHIP

---Appeal Snake---
B0 Mario
B1 Donkey
B2 Link
B3 Samus
B4 Yoshi
B5 Kirby
B6 Fox
B7 Pikachu
B8 Luigi
B9 CaptainFalcon
BA Ness
BB Koopa
BC Peach
BD Zelda
BE Shiek
BF Iceclimber
C0 Marth
C1 GW
C2 Falco
C3 Ganondorf
C4 Wario
C5 Metaknight
C6 Pit
C7 SZerosuit
C8 Pikmin
C9 Lucas
CA Diddy
CB PokeTrainer
CC Dedede
CD Lucario
CE Ike
CF Robot
D0 Snake
D1 Sonic
D2 Purin
D3 ToonLink
D4 Wolf

---Menu---
D5 menu

---Narration---
D6 melee
D7 menu
D8 characall

---Adventure Stages---
D9 common
--01--
DA 0
--03--
DB 0
DC 1
--04--
DD 0
DE 1
DF 2
--05--
E0 0
E1 1
--06--
E2 0
--07--
E3 0
--08--
E4 1
E5 2
--09--
E6 0
E7 2
--10--
E8 0
E9 1
EA 2
--12--
EB 0
--14--
EC 0
ED 1
--16--
EE 2
EF 3
--18--
F0 0
--20--
F1 0
--22--
F2 0
--24--
F3 0
--26--
F4 0
--27--
F5 0
F6 1
F7 2
--28--
F8 0
F9 2
--30--
FA 0
--31--
FB 0
FC 1
--32--
FD 0
--33--
FE 0
FF 1
--34--
100 0
--35--
101 0
--36--
102 0
--37--
103 0
104 2
105 3
--40--
106 0
--41--
107 0
--42--
108 05
109 09
10A 11
10B 13
10C 17
10D 19
10E 21
10F 23
110 25
111 27
112 29
113 31
114 33
115 37

---Enemy---
116 Kuribo
117 Patapata
118 Hammerbros
119 Killer
11A Dekakuribo
11B GalFire
11C Poppercam
11D Bitan
11E Roada
11F Bombhead
120 Gyraan
121 Bucyulus
122 Tautau
123 Flows
124 Aroaros
125 Botron
126 Jyakeel
127 Ghamgha
128 Pacci
129 Faulong
12A Deathpod
12B Spar
12C Kokkon
12D Jdus
12E Mite
12F Shelly
130 Ngagog
131 Cymal
132 Teckin
133 Cataguard
134 Siralamos
135 Boobas
136 Arman
137 Prim
138 Robo
139 Bosspackun
13A Rayquaza
13B Porky
13C Galleom
13D Ridley
13E Duon
13F Metaridley
140 Taboo
141 Masterhand
142 Crazyhand
143 Falconflyer

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

March 12, 2014, 07:49:40 PM #3980 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:56:53 PM by Mariohuge9001
I've been working with Nebulon's pack, moving some of his characters to my own setup, and I gotta say it works almost perfectly. However, Pichu stretches out for one second when it plays the winning animation. Any help?

EDIT: It would also be nice to know who Young Link is over-Link or Toon Link. He's the last melee character I need, and if the Young Link is what I think it is then I might finally have one without having to worry about regular link's voice or a module for toon link.

I know the brawlex clone engine is incompatible with project M, but do you think someday you'll make a clone engine compatible with project M?

Quote from: Armored dragon45 on March 12, 2014, 08:13:58 PM
I know the brawlex clone engine is incompatible with project M, but do you think someday you'll make a clone engine compatible with project M?
project m has its own clone engine wich only they know how to use so you should ask them if they will ever tell ppl how to add characters.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Mariohuge9001 on March 12, 2014, 07:49:40 PM

EDIT: It would also be nice to know who Young Link is over-Link or Toon Link
Young link is over normal link.


http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
superben shorts: 6
micro superben: 4
2 stupid power rangers: 1
Ben's answering machine: 2
----------
photobucket name

superben_2007

Anyone figured out Character portraits and how to make them work? I followed Sammi's tutorial (both) Step by step and when I get to the CSS in the game, it shows up perfectly and all. I go to Stage selection and the stock icon is a question mark. After selecting a stage, it crashes. I'm pretty sure I have everything set and correct, but it just doesn't even load up the clone anymore, because of this.

I need help guys again, lol.
Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
Updated 1/18

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SpoonTheMan on March 12, 2014, 04:57:01 AM
Well, maybe what you're having happen is sawndz might not be exporting the sawnd files correctly, maybe you should import the sawnd file into a brsar and see what ID it says it's replacing in comparison to the ID of what you exported, if the ID(s) are different between what's exported and what's inserted, I believe the fix is this (If I remember right): delete the sawnd.sawnd file that exists in the program's directory (where sawndz.exe/SuperSawndz.exe is), then insert you're wav files or whatever they are and export your sawnd file (be sure you have the Group ID/Wave ID selected when you export so it exports only those sounds).

The ID is correct.
I always check that before exporting.
And why does the sawnd.sawnd file need to be deleted?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

anyone know what to name the 10th character selection portrait, ie MenSelchrFaceB.136_ ?

1-9 work just fine

also, while finishing up mine, which file needs to be modified to link the brres for victory portraits to the right charcters?

V. 1.00

It's the next up from whatever

For character 13 it would go to 140.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 12, 2014, 10:41:26 PM
I always check that before exporting.


Yes, but i was saying to try inserting the exported sawnd file through Super Sawndz and see if it replaces the same ID that was exported.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on March 12, 2014, 10:41:26 PM
why does the sawnd.sawnd file need to be deleted?

I don't know, it just seems to be a fix for exporting sawnd files if the ID doesn't match when inserting a custom sawnd file.


What I told you is only a thought I have that may help you, but I currently am using Riivolution (Not ready to use this Clone Engine yet, watching progress on it, possibly waiting till V2/ See if it ever does become compatible with Riivolution) and it's been months since I last tried any modding on Gecko, but the sound issues you're having sound like something that was happening with the announcer calls in mine when I last tried gecko, except they sounded like weird arcade beeps, plus a weird music bug where the song changed in the middle of the fight to something weird, so I don't know how well the RSBE Code works now.

Quote from: SpoonTheMan on March 12, 2014, 10:58:01 PM

Yes, but i was saying to try inserting the exported sawnd file through Super Sawndz and see if it replaces the same ID that was exported.

I don't know, it just seems to be a fix for exporting sawnd files if the ID doesn't match when inserting a custom sawnd file.


What I told you is only a thought I have that may help you, but I currently am using Riivolution (Not ready to use this Clone Engine yet, watching progress on it, possibly waiting till V2/ See if it ever does become compatible with Riivolution) and it's been months since I last tried any modding on Gecko, but the sound issues you're having sound like something that was happening with the announcer calls in mine when I last tried gecko, except they sounded like weird arcade beeps, plus a weird music bug where the song changed in the middle of the fight to something weird, so I don't know how well the RSBE Code works now.

That's what I meant, I always check before exporting.

And now I checked for what you said about the sawnd.sawnd file.
There isn't any.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.