The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 23, 2014, 12:08:49 PM #5790 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:46:18 PM by Dylanator1
Quote from: Sammi Husky on May 22, 2014, 09:48:41 PM
It should indeed. Hope it works for you

Thanks for all the help, ever need a texture let me know. :kdance:


Post Merge: May 23, 2014, 01:46:18 PM

Dose the clone have to have the same number of textures as the character you are cloning or can it have less? (I know it can have 10.) :kdance:

Quote from: Dylanator1 on May 23, 2014, 12:08:49 PM
Dose the clone have to have the same number of textures as the character you are cloning or can it have less? (I know it can have 10.) :kdance:
I believe that in the fighter.dat using the config tool there is a place where you can choose the number of costumes. You just have to select or deselect the ones you want.

May 23, 2014, 02:19:51 PM #5792 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:03:21 PM by Dylanator1
Ahh new problem, when I try to open CSSRoster.dat with the config tool a error appears reading unsupported file type please help me, do I need another version of the config tool, could it be because the way they are opened on my computer is via notepad please help me.

Kirby is losing hope.

So... anyone?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can you normally see the file extensions? Try just naming it CSSRoster
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on May 23, 2014, 03:10:38 PM
Can you normally see the file extensions? Try just naming it CSSRoster

It already is, if it wasn't the clone tool probably wouldn't work.

Maybe you just need to re-download it and start a new one from scratch. Or is it already a new one that isn't working?

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on May 23, 2014, 03:20:09 PM
Maybe you just need to re-download it and start a new one from scratch. Or is it already a new one that isn't working?

The CSSRoster.dat?

Quote from: Dylanator1 on May 23, 2014, 03:31:50 PM
The CSSRoster.dat?
Yes. If something happened to your current one that is causing it to not work, then theoretically a new fresh CSSRoster.dat should work with the tool.

May 23, 2014, 04:34:34 PM #5798 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:43:47 PM by Dylanator1
THANKS FOR THE HELP! THANKS FOR TRYING FROSTYMM!

Post Merge: May 23, 2014, 04:43:47 PM

Oh Kirby is back! YAY! :kdance:

On the cssroster.dat my clone dosn't appear under random, what do I do?

Quote from: Dylanator1 on May 23, 2014, 04:34:34 PM
On the cssroster.dat my clone dosn't appear under random, what do I do?
In the tool there should be an Icons and Random button. If you switch to the random one, then from there you add a slot, then scroll down to the bottom of the list. At the bottom it will say 00, Mario. Just change the ID to the ID of the clone, so like 3F. Then you should be all set to go. And don't forget to save! I have forgotten to save sometimes and it throws me off. :P

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on May 23, 2014, 04:51:43 PM
In the tool there should be an Icons and Random button. If you switch to the random one, then from there you add a slot, then scroll down to the bottom of the list. At the bottom it will say 00, Mario. Just change the ID to the ID of the clone, so like 3F. Then you should be all set to go. And don't forget to save! I have forgotten to save sometimes and it throws me off. :P
You are not a Pokemon Master you lair, you are a GOD, just don't go Sonic.exe on us. Lol.

It says Fighter3FEX, if I save will it appear in game as my clone? Or do I have to repeat the whole process?

Quote from: Dylanator1 on May 23, 2014, 05:06:20 PM
You are not a Pokemon Master you lair, you are a GOD, just don't go Sonic.exe on us. Lol.
Why thank you!  :vyse:

Quote from: Dylanator1 on May 23, 2014, 05:06:20 PM
It says Fighter3FEX, if I save will it appear in game as my clone? Or do I have to repeat the whole process?
That is just what it calls the clones in the tool. If you save it and put the file in the brawlex folder, then it will appear as your clone. You only have to repeat the process when you add more clones.  :P

May 23, 2014, 05:20:55 PM #5802 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 07:14:35 PM by Dylanator1
Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on May 23, 2014, 05:16:06 PM
Why thank you!  :vyse:
That is just what it calls the clones in the tool. If you save it and put the file in the brawlex folder, then it will appear as your clone. You only have to repeat the process when you add more clones.  :P

No, thank you. :vyse:
Also thanks from kirby! :kdance:

Post Merge: May 23, 2014, 06:32:30 PM

IDEA, we need a list off all soundbanks we can edit for clones whilst not affecting brawls if you know what I mean.

Post Merge: May 23, 2014, 06:39:10 PM

How do you get this working on dolphin?

Post Merge: May 23, 2014, 07:14:34 PM

Can I put my SD card in my computer to play mods?

May 23, 2014, 08:19:03 PM #5803 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:42:24 PM by Pokemon Master CB
I have not figured out how to get dolphin to work for me. But I know that others have. I also know that you don't actually use an sd card. There is a virtual sd card creator that allows you to see mods on emulators. There might be a link to it in the Resources section... I know I just youtubed the topic to try and figure it out.

Sorry I can't help any more... I am just checking in on my phone. :P

Post Merge: May 23, 2014, 08:39:18 PM

Nevermind, there isn't a link in Resources. oops  :P

Try watching this youtube tutorial for putting hacks on dolphin.
Use Brawl Hacks with Dolphin

In the video he is using the Project M files as an example, but you can just substitute your files on the virtual sd card. His download link is also broken, so you will have to search for the programs he talks about separately.

My Brawl Minus tutorial covers setting up dolphin with gecko and the virtual SD. Check out the video in the OP. Skim through til you find the SD card part. It should be near the beginning. Or you can just google around til you figure it out i suppose