The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.


Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on June 04, 2014, 06:55:04 PM
But his pack is not well done.

He has only one costume in the Sephiroth slot. And the character is not Sephiroth.

Sephiroth does have recolors You mean mickey he doesn't have any recolors
also i have sfx's for half of the characters.

How would i go about making my own PM BrawlEx thing? i know how to use BrawlEx but not with PM so yeah if anyone can help thatll be great :P

Quote from: KingImpris on June 04, 2014, 09:57:17 PM
Sephiroth does have recolors You mean mickey he doesn't have any recolors
also i have sfx's for half of the characters.

No, I didn't mean Mickey, I meant Sephiroth.
I downloaded your pack, there's Sephiroth.
The skin he has is Luffy, not Sephiroth.
And it is the ONLY one.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on June 04, 2014, 10:10:08 PM
No, I didn't mean Mickey, I meant Sephiroth.
I downloaded your pack, there's Sephiroth.
The skin he has is Luffy, not Sephiroth.
And it is the ONLY one.
Fighter files are all out of place sephiroth file folder is on pichu the sephiroth file is unused.

On the subject of making BrawlEx rels for transformation characters, maybe it would be possible to disable the Transformation node and in return, give a proper counterpart to the replaced Transformation data? At least until we can implement it properly with minimal file size issues.

Ex: In return for removing the Transformation data from Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur's rels for a BrawlEx counterpart, give them true Down Specials and Final Smashes. People would obviously need to make PSA edits to prevent glitches and crashes though.

Quote from: KingImpris on June 04, 2014, 09:57:17 PM
Sephiroth does have recolors You mean mickey he doesn't have any recolors
also i have sfx's for half of the characters.
Well if you want some actual criticism on your BrawlEx pack, then allow me.

-Your CSS is a mess.
-Your Title screen looks beyond noobish.
-Clashing announcer voices.
-Bad choices of music.
-Various Text formats clash badly (Basic Text, P:M Text, vBrawl Text, etc).
-The CSPs and Character Costumes are mix and match and clash with each other from varying styles and franchises.
-Various CSPs and BPs taken from Google Images.
-Overabundance of DBZ and other overrated Anime characters.
-Obviously cliched characters (not that it's a bad thing, but the majority of your BrawlEx characters are ones that everyone would expect to see in someone's pack).
-Sonic Fan Characters.
-Major lack of quality PSAs (but I can't blame you, since there's only so few quality PSAs out there).
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 04, 2014, 10:19:07 PM
On the subject of making BrawlEx rels for transformation characters, maybe it would be possible to disable the Transformation node and in return, give a proper counterpart to the replaced Transformation data? At least until we can implement it properly with minimal file size issues.

Ex: In return for removing the Transformation data from Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur's rels for a BrawlEx counterpart, give them true Down Specials and Final Smashes. People would obviously need to make PSA edits to prevent glitches and crashes though.
Well if you want some actual criticism on your BrawlEx pack, then allow me.

-Your CSS is a mess.
-Your Title screen looks beyond noobish.
-Clashing announcer voices.
-Bad choices of music.
-Various Text formats clash badly (Basic Text, P:M Text, vBrawl Text, etc).
-The CSPs and Character Costumes are mix and match and clash with each other from varying styles and franchises.
-Various CSPs and BPs taken from Google Images.
-Overabundance of DBZ and other overrated Anime characters.
-Obviously cliched characters (not that it's a bad thing, but the majority of your BrawlEx characters are ones that everyone would expect to see in someone's pack).
-Sonic Fan Characters.
-Major lack of quality PSAs (but I can't blame you, since there's only so few quality PSAs out there).
Yeah lol its not finished in quality etc. but what's wrong with sonic fan characters.

Quote from: KingImpris on June 04, 2014, 10:24:08 PM
Yeah lol its not finished in quality etc. but what's wrong with sonic fan characters.
I just have a bit of a bias against them.

But don't let that stop you from adding them.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingImpris on June 04, 2014, 10:13:46 PM
Fighter files are all out of place sephiroth file folder is on pichu the sephiroth file is unused.

Thinks do not work like that man.
Sephiroth files in a Pichu folder?
You better fix them.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 04, 2014, 10:26:27 PM
I just have a bit of a bias against them.

But don't let that stop you from adding them.

Oh i understand actually im trying to make a fan character but i never done Psa before seems Damn hard.

Post Merge: June 04, 2014, 10:30:50 PM

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on June 04, 2014, 10:28:45 PM
Thinks do not work like that man.
Sephiroth files in a Pichu folder?
You better fix them.
Yep will fix it next update.

I haven't worked on BrawlExpanded v0.9 in so long. I may revisit it now that my wifi is working.

June 04, 2014, 11:33:51 PM #6071 Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:35:21 PM by Eternal Yoshi
Quote from: KingOfChaos on June 04, 2014, 10:19:07 PM
-Major lack of quality PSAs (but I can't blame you, since there's only so few quality PSAs out there).

I just want to add an addendum to this. I think the REAL problem is that there are almost no PSAs that are up to the standards of today. There were decent PSAs back then considering our limitations, but many don't age well(thanks mostly to BB animation and the old inefficient importer we had to use) and barely(or not at all in some cases) hold up to today's standards.

Not only are almost all of the model import based PSAs STILL using old models that haven't been tristripped(Ryu/Wolverine), which will result in lag that shouldn't be there, there are also PSAs using old vertexes still (My old Sora/VJoe) that use size mods which are a nono in today's standards. Not to mention that they all need the Maya touch....

I think it would be lovely if many of the older PSAs got an update, even if it's just for tristripping the model/giving animations the Maya touch/bug fixes. I mean, I updated Gray Fox about 2 months ago, and it was a rather large one that improved the overall quality and also made him play better. It's not hard, just a little time consuming.

If anyone cares, I have a copy of the Ryu PSA where I reimported the provided model (no more lag), and added recolors mostly based on his MVC3 colors. I'm not putting it on the vault, but I'll share the Ryu folder if anyone wants it.

Quote from: KingImpris on June 04, 2014, 10:24:08 PM
but what's wrong with sonic fan characters.
Everything
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on June 04, 2014, 11:38:35 PM
Everything

^This. There's too many badly done ones, and it got old real fast.