The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on November 02, 2014, 05:19:46 PM
There is a code made by ASF1nk that separates Zelda and Sheik.
I haven't tested it yet.

If it doesn't work, then you're right.
what the code does is it doesnt load the extra files wich mean samus doesnt load zss stuff automaticaly which makes samus have as much filesize as any normal char but the rel is still shared for both afaik, its just each character no longer loads the other ones stuff.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on November 02, 2014, 05:25:55 PM
what the code does is it doesnt load the extra files wich mean samus doesnt load zss stuff automaticaly which makes samus have as much filesize as any normal char but the rel is still shared for both afaik, its just each character no longer loads the other ones stuff.

I can barely get your point.

You say it can load Samus, but if trying to load ZSS the game would crash?
I mean, by transforming into her.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on November 02, 2014, 05:31:53 PM
I can barely get your point.

You say it can load Samus, but if trying to load ZSS the game would crash?
I mean, by transforming into her.

when you load transforming chars this is what happens you choose samsu the game loads

fitsamus00.pcs
fitsamus00.pac
fitsamus.pac
fitsamusmotionetc.pac
samus.rel
firzss00.pcs
fitzss00.pac
fitzss.pac
fitzssmotionetc.pac



with the code you only load this when you select samus
fitsamus00.pcs
fitsamus00.pac
fitsamus.pac
fitsamusmotionetc.pac
samus.rel

so when the game tries to transfrom there wont be anything to transform into becuase the other files arent loaded and that makes samus have all that free space left to do psa on wich is the point of those codes.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on November 02, 2014, 05:39:24 PM
so when the game tries to transfrom there wont be anything to transform into becuase the other files arent loaded and that makes samus have all that free space left to do psa on wich is the point of those codes.


Got it. We'll need to do other code and even an extra module file.

Well, at least those characters can be ported over someone else:

Charizard over Link.
Dark Samus over Marth.
ETC over many...  <--- (Sorry I had to say that).
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Anyone know a way to make Master Hand Playable using the Cosmetics? (Similar to how the alloys are loaded using the alloy cosmetics link on the main post)

Quote from: yoshi535 on November 02, 2014, 07:58:36 PM
Anyone know a way to make Master Hand Playable using the Cosmetics? (Similar to how the alloys are loaded using the alloy cosmetics link on the main post)
its possile but master hand will probably be missing animations and a final smash causing  some glitches

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on November 02, 2014, 08:01:23 PM
its possile but master hand will probably be missing animations and a final smash causing  some glitches

Lolwut?

So it is possible?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on November 02, 2014, 08:01:23 PM
its possile but master hand will probably be missing animations and a final smash causing  some glitches

How would one test this?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on November 02, 2014, 08:49:07 PM
How would one test this?
Add Him and Play him! Just for reference, what is his cosmetic id, I want to add him to my pack! (as an optional character of course)

Quote from: yoshi535 on November 02, 2014, 09:59:47 PM
Add Him and Play him! Just for reference, what is his cosmetic id, I want to add him to my pack! (as an optional character of course)

Add him like his boss things and whatnot? Shoot... I use the boss slots for other characters...

If someone figures out how to get him working in EX post all that you need to do. Unless it really just is putting his value on the CSS and not having his slots taken up by characters.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

November 02, 2014, 10:14:05 PM #7525 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:18:29 PM by Kitsu-chan
Quote from: Nebulon on November 02, 2014, 10:09:14 PM
Unless it really just is putting his value on the CSS and not having his slots taken up by characters.


I doubt it's that simple. XD
Hang on, I'll check now~

Edit: Yup! Game crash.
You'll probably need to do a lot of work. If it's even actually possible.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on November 02, 2014, 10:14:05 PM
I doubt it's that simple. XD
Hang on, I'll check now~

Edit: Yup! Game crash.
You'll probably need to do a lot of work. If it's even actually possible.
Did you add his cosmetics? If he showed up as Random then you did not.

Quote from: yoshi535 on November 02, 2014, 10:20:36 PM
Did you add his cosmetics? If he showed up as Random then you did not.
I already had cosmetics in place since I had a character there.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on November 02, 2014, 10:22:10 PM
I already had cosmetics in place since I had a character there.
Its best to add EX cosmetics to id 110+. It probably tried to load your character AND master hand, and could not decide which.

All I did was a short test.
I'll try to experiment with it properly later. XD
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!