The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

If you go dark, I can fill that role for you. I'm pretty comfortable with all this stuff now.

Has anyone found a way to add new sounds yet, or are we still stuck with editing existing files and hexing them to the character?

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

for some reasons mine keeps freezing after the match ends. im thinking it has something to do with my sc_selcharacter file but not sure what.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

January 08, 2014, 08:43:49 PM #797 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:45:20 PM by Hosernaut
you're most likely missing the result data for your character. pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex/MenSelchrFaceBxx0.brres

if you don't have one, just take someone elses and edit it to match up with your character.

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

theres already a brres file that has 110 at the end do i just save my new one as MenSelchrFaceB1101.brres



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

January 08, 2014, 08:58:04 PM #799 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:59:51 PM by Hosernaut
it's the same number as the misc data number, but with a 0 on the end. So if he's over  MiscData[110] then it would be MenSelchrFaceB1100.brres

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

k thanks it works though if only i could figure out why the clones freeze on ps1 ps2 and lylat.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Quote from: Hosernaut on January 08, 2014, 08:37:58 PM
If you go dark, I can fill that role for you. I'm pretty comfortable with all this stuff now.

Has anyone found a way to add new sounds yet, or are we still stuck with editing existing files and hexing them to the character?
What I know of so far we can create sfx packs over other things and have the cosmetic go to that sound bank. One thing will be actually getting the sfx and importing them. Lastly you will have to go into the PSA and switch all the sfx clips to match that of the file index sfx.

I'm hoping for 2 new things.

1. Adding sfx to the game without replacing any vbrawl sfx.
2. Someone figures out how to get Gecko to run over 2gb or Riivo works with the clone engine.

Quote from: OmegaS3 on January 08, 2014, 10:13:52 PM

1. Adding sfx to the game without replacing any vbrawl sfx.

that was actually on the list of things blackjax planned on adding to Brawlbox, alas, it never got done.

Likely, the only way we are going to get the ability to add new sounds to the game is if someone picks up development of Bbox and adds the ability to add data to the sound file.

That's what I was afraid of. I have neglected to learn the inner workings of sound editing, and was hoping someone had discovered a way to add new sfx files without replacing any before I taught myself how to mess with them.


Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

i wish i were good at programming.  :'(

i would take up Bbox, but im not even fluent with c++ yet, let alone up for learning c#.
darnit lol


Quote from: Hosernaut on January 08, 2014, 10:31:01 PM
That's what I was afraid of. I have neglected to learn the inner workings of sound editing, and was hoping someone had discovered a way to add new sfx files without replacing any before I taught myself how to mess with them.


Its not as bad as you think I actually had lots of fun editing and adding sounds.

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 08, 2014, 10:30:16 PM
that was actually on the list of things blackjax planned on adding to Brawlbox, alas, it never got done.

Likely, the only way we are going to get the ability to add new sounds to the game is if someone picks up development of Bbox and adds the ability to add data to the sound file.
Dang that sucks. I don't even know how to code a program let alone make one.

Is there some way to get more than 2gb of brawl hacks with Gecko?

Quote from: OmegaS3 on January 08, 2014, 10:42:58 PMIs there some way to get more than 2gb of brawl hacks with Gecko?
Not currently, but it seems the P:M dudes have found a way and are experimenting with it.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 08, 2014, 10:30:16 PM
that was actually on the list of things blackjax planned on adding to Brawlbox, alas, it never got done.

Likely, the only way we are going to get the ability to add new sounds to the game is if someone picks up development of Bbox and adds the ability to add data to the sound file.

Didn't I mention some pages ago that v0.67b is able to do that? >.>

Quote from: SpoonTheMan on January 08, 2014, 10:51:59 PM
Didn't I mention some pages ago that v0.67b is able to do that? >.>

it's not, i tried, the forms for adding are there, but they were removed in all later versions because they had no function.

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 08, 2014, 10:58:57 PM
it's not, i tried, the forms for adding are there, but they were removed in all later versions because they had no function.

Dang, well it was worth a try :/