The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hi, so I read up on this, but am still confused.( I'm pretty noobish at this sadly). I was browsing the vault and tried to find some cool things to download. I found the Geno hack for brawl that uses this type of expansion thing. However I am clueless as to how to use it.

I am trying to get it to work with my wii u, ( the same way other hacks for brawl can). But the game doesn't pick up on the sd card, and I presume I need to do something with the files. Is there anywhere where I can find out what to do. If it helps I can post a screenshot of the files on my SD card. .I just downloaded them and nothing else though. And thanks for any help in advance!

i imagine your using  an SD card over 2 gigs. brawl by default isn't compatible. add this code to your GCT and it should work.

SDHC Extension 1.1[Bero]
C23CB3D8 00000004
546302D7 41820014
38600001 3C808058
60840300 90640000
2C1D0000 00000000
C23EEE18 00000007
80610014 54630253
41820028 38000009
8061000C 5463C43E
38630001 1CC30400
3C60803E 6063EE58
7C6903A6 4E800420
80A1000C 00000000
C23CB620 00000008
3D60805A 616B9350
816B0000 2C0B0000
41820024 2C040040
4182001C 39600001
91610008 3D60803C
616BB410 7D6903A6
4E800420 9421FFC0
60000000 00000000
C23CB4AC 00000003
38C00000 2C160000
41820008 38C00001
60000000 00000000
C23CB5D4 00000009
807C001C 2C030001
806DCE1C 41820034
80030000 90190000
80030004 90190004
80030008 90190008
8003000C 9019000C
3C60803C 6063B5E0
7C6903A6 4E800420
60000000 00000000
043EEA20 48191905
043EEC1C 48191709
06580324 00000028
3F008058 63180300
83180000 2C180000
4182000C 7CB92B78
48000008 7F2531D6
548006FF 4E800020
043EEB6C 481917E1
043EED68 481915E5
0658034C 00000028
3C608058 60630300
80630000 2C030000
4182000C 3B390001
48000008 7F39BA14
4E800020 00000000
043CBA24 481B48E1
043CBD60 481B45A5
06580304 00000020
3EC08058 62D60300
82D60000 2C160000
41820008 7C802378
7C040040 4E800020
C23EE0BC 00000003
38000000 3C60805A
60639350 90030000
3C60805A 00000000

It's also noted that the code will only work if booting through the PM Launcher.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 03, 2016, 05:36:41 PM
It's also noted that the code will only work if booting through the PM Launcher.

That's actually wrong. I use that code without PM Launcher (on a backup loader) and it works just fine.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Must be something on my end or an issue with Gecko, as the code doesn't seem to activate when using Gecko OS.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

It's most likely a Gecko issue, but I haven't really tried it with Gecko as far as I remember.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 03, 2016, 06:43:21 PM
Must be something on my end or an issue with Gecko, as the code doesn't seem to activate when using Gecko OS.
It's probably your gecko hooktype. Try either AXNextFrame or VBI. Personally, I use AXNextFrame, but I'm pretty sure that PM forces you to use VBI. It's worth checking, since certain codes don't work properly with the improper hooktype selected.

January 04, 2016, 02:50:06 AM #8422 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:51:58 AM by zoroarkrules25
Hi so I literally spent all day on husky's video on using brawlex to add more slots to the game( the one with lucas). I did everything in the video and it didn't work.

I was trying to get it to run on my wii u much how project m can through the stage builder trick. However the game did not pick up on the SD card.

So I have to ask.

Is brawlex able to work on wii u? If so how can I do it? And if
I can succeed to add another slot, how can I change that slot to a new character?

MY plan was to make the second Lucas scott pilgrim and then do one over a second R.O.B. for geno. I don't know what to do though, especially since I can't get the css expanding to work.

Are there any tutorials I can watch on this?

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance!


I'm not entirely sure how the SDHC code works, but I can only get it to work on usbloaderGx by using a cios that supports it.

Pyotr I'm very much looking forward to your next release of the Alternate Stage Loader.

Sirkura I believe kirby hats need to be disabled in the brawlex fighter configs or the game crashes when using Kirby against the Ex Fighter, mind you it's been a long time since I've tried otherwise so I'm not 100% on that.

Zoroark, I know for a fact SDHC and BrawlEx work on the U, I've tried my pack on it once before. I'd recommend downloading a BrawlEx pack so that you can tinker with something you know is working, then you might be able to figure out what it is you're doing wrong. You could also use a pack as a base since it'll already have your css expanded and etc.

January 04, 2016, 07:54:25 AM #8424 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:12:31 AM by Sirkura
Quote from: secretchaos1 on January 04, 2016, 06:05:21 AM
I'm not entirely sure how the SDHC code works, but I can only get it to work on usbloaderGx by using a cios that supports it.

Pyotr I'm very much looking forward to your next release of the Alternate Stage Loader.

Sirkura I believe kirby hats need to be disabled in the brawlex fighter configs or the game crashes when using Kirby against the Ex Fighter, mind you it's been a long time since I've tried otherwise so I'm not 100% on that.

Zoroark, I know for a fact SDHC and BrawlEx work on the U, I've tried my pack on it once before. I'd recommend downloading a BrawlEx pack so that you can tinker with something you know is working, then you might be able to figure out what it is you're doing wrong. You could also use a pack as a base since it'll already have your css expanded and etc.
GAWD finally sites been fritzy today. anyway the code works with any code launcher. you just need ios 58 for SDHC support (comes with 4.1 wii menu update) fyi all those different "launchers" are the same program. its the ocarina 2.0 cheat engine. PM launcher, gecko, minimal launcher, B+ updatafier, and USB loaders all use the same engine. the only difference is extra features added in. (I.E. PM launcher just adds xmls for addons and updates. same with B+ updater and minimal) i can personally confirm the code works in all of them, as my SD is 8 gigs.

@secretchaos1
Kirby hats are set to copy the default characters hat. tho sometimes BeX can be really buggy with the way they handle them. for instance some hats need to have a single/multi check (I.E. ZSS has a single kirby hat for all costumes, yoshi has a multi or one for each costume.) either way no one has really added custom KH to a clone. PL mentioned he got one working with my build DIY for both mewtwo and roy.

@Zoroark
you can pretty much do anything you can on a wii u that you can do on a wii with brawl. tho controllers may not work, if i remember game cube controls arent compatible with wii mode.

Post Merge: January 04, 2016, 08:12:30 AM

Quote from: secretchaos1 on January 04, 2016, 06:05:21 AM
I'm not entirely sure how the SDHC code works, but I can only get it to work on usbloaderGx by using a cios that supports it.

Pyotr I'm very much looking forward to your next release of the Alternate Stage Loader.

Sirkura I believe kirby hats need to be disabled in the brawlex fighter configs or the game crashes when using Kirby against the Ex Fighter, mind you it's been a long time since I've tried otherwise so I'm not 100% on that.

Zoroark, I know for a fact SDHC and BrawlEx work on the U, I've tried my pack on it once before. I'd recommend downloading a BrawlEx pack so that you can tinker with something you know is working, then you might be able to figure out what it is you're doing wrong. You could also use a pack as a base since it'll already have your css expanded and etc.
GAWD finally sites been fritzy today. anyway the code works with any code launcher. you just need ios 58 for SDHC support (comes with 4.1 wii menu update) fyi all those different "launchers" are the same program. its the ocarina 2.0 cheat engine. PM launcher, gecko, minimal launcher, B+ updatafier, and USB loaders all use the same engine. the only difference is extra features added in. (I.E. PM launcher just adds xmls for addons and updates. same with B+ updater and minimal) i can personally confirm the code works in all of them, as my SD is 8 gigs.

@secretchaos1
Kirby hats are set to copy the default characters hat. tho sometimes BeX can be really buggy with the way they handle them. for instance some hats need to have a single/multi check (I.E. ZSS has a single kirby hat for all costumes, yoshi has a multi or one for each costume.) either way no one has really added custom KH to a clone. PL mentioned he got one working with my build DIY for both mewtwo and roy.

@Zoroark
you can pretty much do anything you can on a wii u that you can do on a wii with brawl. tho controllers may not work, if i remember game cube controls arent compatible with wii mode.

January 04, 2016, 02:56:52 PM #8425 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:58:31 PM by zoroarkrules25
Quote from: secretchaos1 on January 04, 2016, 06:05:21 AM
I'm not entirely sure how the SDHC code works, but I can only get it to work on usbloaderGx by using a cios that supports it.

Pyotr I'm very much looking forward to your next release of the Alternate Stage Loader.

Sirkura I believe kirby hats need to be disabled in the brawlex fighter configs or the game crashes when using Kirby against the Ex Fighter, mind you it's been a long time since I've tried otherwise so I'm not 100% on that.

Zoroark, I know for a fact SDHC and BrawlEx work on the U, I've tried my pack on it once before. I'd recommend downloading a BrawlEx pack so that you can tinker with something you know is working, then you might be able to figure out what it is you're doing wrong. You could also use a pack as a base since it'll already have your css expanded and etc.
Quote from: Sirkura on January 04, 2016, 07:54:25 AM
GAWD finally sites been fritzy today. anyway the code works with any code launcher. you just need ios 58 for SDHC support (comes with 4.1 wii menu update) fyi all those different "launchers" are the same program. its the ocarina 2.0 cheat engine. PM launcher, gecko, minimal launcher, B+ updatafier, and USB loaders all use the same engine. the only difference is extra features added in. (I.E. PM launcher just adds xmls for addons and updates. same with B+ updater and minimal) i can personally confirm the code works in all of them, as my SD is 8 gigs.

@secretchaos1
Kirby hats are set to copy the default characters hat. tho sometimes BeX can be really buggy with the way they handle them. for instance some hats need to have a single/multi check (I.E. ZSS has a single kirby hat for all costumes, yoshi has a multi or one for each costume.) either way no one has really added custom KH to a clone. PL mentioned he got one working with my build DIY for both mewtwo and roy.

@Zoroark
you can pretty much do anything you can on a wii u that you can do on a wii with brawl. tho controllers may not work, if i remember game cube controls arent compatible with wii mode.

Post Merge: January 04, 2016, 08:12:30 AM
GAWD finally sites been fritzy today. anyway the code works with any code launcher. you just need ios 58 for SDHC support (comes with 4.1 wii menu update) fyi all those different "launchers" are the same program. its the ocarina 2.0 cheat engine. PM launcher, gecko, minimal launcher, B+ updatafier, and USB loaders all use the same engine. the only difference is extra features added in. (I.E. PM launcher just adds xmls for addons and updates. same with B+ updater and minimal) i can personally confirm the code works in all of them, as my SD is 8 gigs.

@secretchaos1
Kirby hats are set to copy the default characters hat. tho sometimes BeX can be really buggy with the way they handle them. for instance some hats need to have a single/multi check (I.E. ZSS has a single kirby hat for all costumes, yoshi has a multi or one for each costume.) either way no one has really added custom KH to a clone. PL mentioned he got one working with my build DIY for both mewtwo and roy.

@Zoroark
you can pretty much do anything you can on a wii u that you can do on a wii with brawl. tho controllers may not work, if i remember game cube controls arent compatible with wii mode.

Thanks. I tried again to fix it, but it did not work. Are then any other BrawlEx mods I should try to tinker with then?
The only one I know of was Nebulon's but that is currently unavailable. What other ones are there?

Post Merge: January 04, 2016, 02:58:29 PM

Quote from: secretchaos1 on January 04, 2016, 06:05:21 AM
I'm not entirely sure how the SDHC code works, but I can only get it to work on usbloaderGx by using a cios that supports it.

Pyotr I'm very much looking forward to your next release of the Alternate Stage Loader.

Sirkura I believe kirby hats need to be disabled in the brawlex fighter configs or the game crashes when using Kirby against the Ex Fighter, mind you it's been a long time since I've tried otherwise so I'm not 100% on that.

Zoroark, I know for a fact SDHC and BrawlEx work on the U, I've tried my pack on it once before. I'd recommend downloading a BrawlEx pack so that you can tinker with something you know is working, then you might be able to figure out what it is you're doing wrong. You could also use a pack as a base since it'll already have your css expanded and etc.
Quote from: Sirkura on January 04, 2016, 07:54:25 AM
GAWD finally sites been fritzy today. anyway the code works with any code launcher. you just need ios 58 for SDHC support (comes with 4.1 wii menu update) fyi all those different "launchers" are the same program. its the ocarina 2.0 cheat engine. PM launcher, gecko, minimal launcher, B+ updatafier, and USB loaders all use the same engine. the only difference is extra features added in. (I.E. PM launcher just adds xmls for addons and updates. same with B+ updater and minimal) i can personally confirm the code works in all of them, as my SD is 8 gigs.

@secretchaos1
Kirby hats are set to copy the default characters hat. tho sometimes BeX can be really buggy with the way they handle them. for instance some hats need to have a single/multi check (I.E. ZSS has a single kirby hat for all costumes, yoshi has a multi or one for each costume.) either way no one has really added custom KH to a clone. PL mentioned he got one working with my build DIY for both mewtwo and roy.

@Zoroark
you can pretty much do anything you can on a wii u that you can do on a wii with brawl. tho controllers may not work, if i remember game cube controls arent compatible with wii mode.

Post Merge: January 04, 2016, 08:12:30 AM
GAWD finally sites been fritzy today. anyway the code works with any code launcher. you just need ios 58 for SDHC support (comes with 4.1 wii menu update) fyi all those different "launchers" are the same program. its the ocarina 2.0 cheat engine. PM launcher, gecko, minimal launcher, B+ updatafier, and USB loaders all use the same engine. the only difference is extra features added in. (I.E. PM launcher just adds xmls for addons and updates. same with B+ updater and minimal) i can personally confirm the code works in all of them, as my SD is 8 gigs.

@secretchaos1
Kirby hats are set to copy the default characters hat. tho sometimes BeX can be really buggy with the way they handle them. for instance some hats need to have a single/multi check (I.E. ZSS has a single kirby hat for all costumes, yoshi has a multi or one for each costume.) either way no one has really added custom KH to a clone. PL mentioned he got one working with my build DIY for both mewtwo and roy.

@Zoroark
you can pretty much do anything you can on a wii u that you can do on a wii with brawl. tho controllers may not work, if i remember game cube controls arent compatible with wii mode.

Thanks. I tried again to fix it, but it did not work. Are then any other BrawlEx mods I should try to tinker with then?
The only one I know of was Nebulon's but that is currently unavailable. What other ones are there?

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I'm trying to setup BrawlEx with Riivolution and everything shows up, but the CSS is blank. Is there anything I missed or is this a bug?

@Sirkura Interesting, I should try to set them up then. I'd rather have the default powers than none at all like I'm currently doing.
Also thank you for setting the record straight on how the SDHC code works. So I'm assuming the game needs to load on ios 58? Or does it just need to be present on the console for all to work well? I've had no problems personally, but I get a lot of people coming to me from my pack asking how to do things, so the more I know the easier it is to help.

@Zoroark I can give you a shameless plug to my pack, Smash Bros Infinite. It's on the vault, it has the css maxed out so it should have everything you need to work with.

Does anyone know what it typically means when all your brawlex characters crash after the match? After updating all my rels and configs every ex character save for slots 3F-46 crash dolphin when trying to load the results screen. I've fixed this for myself before but Ive forgotten how I did so :p

Also are there limits on certain cosmetic files for brawlex? Seems I can only add franchise icons to CSS slots 3F-48, anymore and I get a freeze..

Quote from: secretchaos1 on January 05, 2016, 04:08:59 AM
@Sirkura Interesting, I should try to set them up then. I'd rather have the default powers than none at all like I'm currently doing.
Also thank you for setting the record straight on how the SDHC code works. So I'm assuming the game needs to load on ios 58? Or does it just need to be present on the console for all to work well? I've had no problems personally, but I get a lot of people coming to me from my pack asking how to do things, so the more I know the easier it is to help.

@Zoroark I can give you a shameless plug to my pack, Smash Bros Infinite. It's on the vault, it has the css maxed out so it should have everything you need to work with.

Sure, thanks! I was playing around yesterday with editing project m, and managed to add geno to it. I understand what I did there to replace a character, but I would still like to try and figure out BrawlEx. Thanks for the help!