Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827890 times)
HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #270 on: January 03, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »

let me clarify
    mario has a value of 00, add 40 to clone him and it turns into 40.(adding 40 to a character makes a clone slot by default in the old cloning ways)  U can check Asfink's extra slot thread for more info.
    mario is the first in the roster, so who is 3f? (3f is a value lower than 40)

3F is for every character.
    It doesn't matter whom.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #271 on: January 03, 2014, 09:22:54 PM »

can someone with dolphin test it?
    where did you try it?

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #272 on: January 03, 2014, 09:25:01 PM »

I just tried the 3F Slot where I put a Pit Clone there and out comes another random slot. What could this mean if the codes I'm using aren't clashing with this and that this keeps happening even AFTER formatting the SD card?

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #273 on: January 03, 2014, 09:25:50 PM »

I just tried the 3F Slot where I put a Pit Clone there and out comes another random slot. What could this mean if the codes I'm using aren't clashing with this and that this keeps happening even AFTER formatting the SD card?

what codes are you using?

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #274 on: January 03, 2014, 09:26:28 PM »

Try to restart the game until you get the correct Icons.

Post Merge: January 03, 2014, 09:28:03 PM
    Hey SonicBrawler. How can you change the Portraits?
    You know, to make Sonic (for example) to have Charizard's CSP (for example)?
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:28:03 PM by HaloFanODST » Logged

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #275 on: January 03, 2014, 09:29:30 PM »

That link isn't working all it did was open a new tab with the url in the box...Is it possible you could upload somewhere else?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #276 on: January 03, 2014, 09:30:09 PM »

This. Sometimes BrawlEx doesn't start up properly and shows only random icons. In fact, I'd say it starts up for me correctly less often than it shows the random icons.

I've just tried the RSBE code with that PM Roy slot that I cloned from Marth. While RSBE works (I went into Boss Battles to check it - the sound effects are there), the sound effects don't seem to show up in actual Brawls even after I changed Roy's soundbank in FighterConfig to match Duon's. Is there somewhere else that the soundbank needs to be changed at?
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:36:54 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #277 on: January 03, 2014, 09:39:34 PM »

where did you try it?

dolphin
    but i think i figured out the problem, if someone wants to try it in the wii make sure to just use the css code and the upgraded file patch code

also link is fixed:
    http://sdrv.ms/1e2tLFu

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #278 on: January 03, 2014, 09:44:29 PM »

Post Merge: January 03, 2014, 09:28:03 PM
    Hey SonicBrawler. How can you change the Portraits?
    You know, to make Sonic (for example) to have Charizard's CSP (for example)?

Still not doing any good. Hovering over that one will also crash the game right away. I wonder if Dolphin can shed light on why.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #279 on: January 03, 2014, 09:44:59 PM »

Still not doing any good. Hovering over that one will also crash the game right away. I wonder if Dolphin can shed light on why.
    yeah dolphin helps a lot

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #280 on: January 03, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »

I kept trying Lucas, it wouldnt work. Decided to use it in dolphin, got this. artcile problems?

That does indeed look like the output for an article problem. The only thing I can think of is that you're using a v1.1 module with v1.0.0.0 BrawlEx or you're using a v1.0 module with v1.1 BrawlEx. Either of those cases would cause any and all articles to fail. Either that, or something in Lucas' ExModule has been modified that shouldn't have been.

I actually have a Lucas clone running right now, so I can confirm that the module works.

Using the "Cosmetic file" of the character that you are porting isn't required
    You can, for example, use Charizard's Cosmetic file even if the character itself isn't Charizard.
    For example :

That's a pretty cool looking CSS. Be sure to post a pic of it when you've finalized the layout.

I am done with this, I need some help, what I did wrong here?

http://www.putlocker.com/file/93FA4B7DA92FD01F  --- contains my private folder

I think I did everything right,.. any help would be appreciated

EDIT

Damn some test files would be helpful, but there are no test files on Brawlex 1.1.1.0 -_-

Thanks for including the files you're using.

I replaced my own private directory with the one you posted and MarthEx and IkeEx worked just fine for me, so the problem seems like it's either to do with your CustomCSS code or some other code that's causing a conflict with BrawlEx.

Oh. I see now. Lemme just use MK's stuff unedited and retry.

Edit: Still crashing when I try to hover over the slot; why is the slot using ROB's Icon when Meta knight is the host character?

That sounds pretty odd.

Just to clarify, there is a difference between when it crashes when highlighting the icon and when it crashes when selecting the icon. If it crashes when highlighting the icon, then the icon doesn't have any CSPs for the character besides the icon itself meaning that either the icon is improperly configured or there's something wrong with your sc_selchar.pac resource. If it crashes immediately when you select the icon, then there is something wrong with the module for the character.

In either case, try simply loading up the CSS without using any config files at all. If the icon shows up as the default Mario, then there's something wrong with the config files you're using. If the icon still shows up as ROB, then the problem either lies with your copy of BrawlEx or the CustomCSS code you're using.

I did all of this to have a Marth clone, but what I see in my CSS is just another Random Icon.
    Why?

A random icon that crashes when you highlight it means that BrawlEx hasn't been loaded. Double check that you have both the latest version of bx_fighter.rel and common2.pac and they are located in the correct place in your patching directory. Also make sure that you're using the File Patch Code v3.5.1b.

Good News:
    I just tried the sound code RSBE, the old one because i havent updated it, and it works with BrawlEx.  Which means sfx is still a possibility...

Also, is 3F even a correct id?
    Reason why i ask is because Mario is the first in the roster and his clone id by default is 40.

Good to hear that BrawlEx is compatible with the Replacement Sound Bank Engine.

While older versions of the Clone Engine used that numbering format, BrawlEx instead just allows you to use any id to replace any character. 0x3F just happens to be the first empty id after all of the regular existing ids in VBrawl (The last id, 0x3E, is a special id assigned to None, meaning that no character will be loaded up for the player if that id is selected.).

As it happens, BrawlEx treats all character slots and ids equally meaning that there is no difference between a clone slot and a regular slot besides how they are configured by default. However, ExSlots do have the advantage of being aligned across their different configuration types.

Ok still getting random icons I will keep trying
    Here is the Mewtwo over Lucario mod that I used.
    My codes and private folder can be found here.

I see lucas then 2 randoms next to each other that freeze.

Thank you for including your sd card files.

You don't have either System\Common2.pac or Module\bx_fighter.rel in your pf directory. Those two files are necessary to run BrawlEx. I can confirm that he loads after adding those two files to your pf directory.
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:48:42 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #281 on: January 03, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »

This. Sometimes BrawlEx doesn't start up properly and shows only random icons. In fact, I'd say it starts up for me correctly less often than it shows the random icons.

I've just tried the RSBE code with that PM Roy slot that I cloned from Marth. While RSBE works (I went into Boss Battles to check it - the sound effects are there), the sound effects don't seem to show up in actual Brawls even after I changed Roy's soundbank in FighterConfig to match Duon's. Is there somewhere else that the soundbank needs to be changed at?
    thats odd
    it always loads for me
    at least in dolphin
    i dont even have lag at the startup
    just a little before the match but that can just be my slow dolphin

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #282 on: January 03, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »

thats odd
    it always loads for me
    at least in dolphin
    i dont even have lag at the startup
    just a little before the match but that can just be my slow dolphin
    Hmm, it could be a wii thing, then, since I don't use dolphin.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #283 on: January 03, 2014, 09:51:29 PM »

One more post, PhantomWings! It better be a good one!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #284 on: January 03, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »

That does indeed look like the output for an article problem. The only thing I can think of is that you're using a v1.1 module with v1.0.0.0 BrawlEx or you're using a v1.0 module with v1.1 BrawlEx. Either of those cases would cause any and all articles to fail. Either that, or something in Lucas' ExModule has been modified that shouldn't have been.

I actually have a Lucas clone running right now, so I can confirm that the module works.

YES, that was it. i knew there was somethin i was missing when i was helpin him out.

also. how was your day PW? come on lets get that last post Cheesy
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:56:31 PM by sammi-husky » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: