The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 10, 2014, 02:00:11 AM
giga bowser uses bowser's rel



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


yep...have you noticed no transforming characters have Exmodules released though? :/ the modules themselves must be inherently more complex. what i meant was, im under the impression that the modules must reference something relating to the characters that allows the swapping. Probably pointers to code segments that handles all of the processes that encompass the actual swap.

but again, just speculation as i have minimal understanding of character modules. :P


Quote from: SnicksPG on January 10, 2014, 02:12:18 AM
Sup, I ran into an issue while trying to clone an additional 3 characters in addition to one I did earlier.

Basically I had my first clone(Zero) working just fine(no CSPs or anything fancy, just the standard cloning), and so I added 3 more characters in. I changed the CSS code accordingly and added in all the new characters' stuff, but when I loaded the game only one CSP was right(Pikachu's for Pichu which was the last character I put in), whereas Zero and the other two characters' CSPs were Mario icons which when highlighted just acted as if i picked the default mario icon, despite me not editing Zero's stuff at all. Pichu works completely fine though so im kinda lost at this point.

this sounds like exactly what happens if your using the 'css fix for giga and company code'

January 10, 2014, 02:28:30 AM #871 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:48:40 AM by Don Jon Bravo
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 10, 2014, 02:16:48 AM
yep...have you noticed no transforming characters have Exmodules released though? :/ the modules themselves must be inherently more complex. what i meant was, im under the impression that the modules must reference something relating to the characters that allows the swapping. Probably pointers to code segments that handles all of the processes that encompass the actual swap.

but again, just speculation as i have minimal understanding of character modules. :P


this sounds like exactly what happens if your using the 'css fix for giga and company code'
i think that in order for a character to transform, it must share the same rel with another character
so

2 clones would have to share the same rel
but that is just part of it, the pointers will have to exist also

@KJP
By the way, now that the clone engine is out
ur best bet for transforming characters would be something like this,
u would have to include ur clone id's and you should be able to transform
easy and glitchless
http://youtu.be/3uTRkbLNEPQ

is there a solution to fix the bug that causes lucario clones to not have access to aura spheres GFXs? I wanted to port mewtwo but ran into two issues.

1/ project M mewtwo's shadow ball GFX doesn't showup
2/ trying to modify mewtwo's.pac file in any way freezes the game probably because of file size limits im guessing.

Though i was able to modify pm roy's file but only slightly and ended up just recreating him using vbrawl marth's pac i tried doing that for mewtwo with lucario but no luck sadly. :[



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 10, 2014, 02:28:30 AM
i think that in order for a character to transform, it must share the same rel with another character
so 2 clones would have to share the same rel
but that is just part of it, the pointers will have to exist also

correct. unless PW has an idea to make something amazing that allows us to make any clone transform.

inside zelda's vBrawl module, it references all of shiek's articles, as well as other things. like this

ftSheikStatusUniqProcessSpecialLw.......................SheikFusin

wnSheikFusinParamAccesser...............


so..i think that a module for a transforming char would need to have the module created to reference these..even then i dont think it could become universal enough to allow us to make any clone transform to any character.

that would take alot of brainpower, and frankly i have no clue how it would be done.

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 10, 2014, 02:16:48 AM
this sounds like exactly what happens if your using the 'css fix for giga and company code'
The only two codes I was using were File Patch and sputniks css code.


Skype: mattastaticpg-13

Quote from: SnicksPG on January 10, 2014, 03:15:34 AM
The only two codes I was using were File Patch and sputniks css code.
hmmm...can you post the css code possibly? i think i may know what it is

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 10, 2014, 03:18:47 AM
hmmm...can you post the css code possibly? i think i may know what it is
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Again I have 4 characters total.


Skype: mattastaticpg-13

Quote from: KidCraft24 on January 10, 2014, 02:42:15 AM
is there a solution to fix the bug that causes lucario clones to not have access to aura spheres GFXs? I wanted to port mewtwo but ran into two issues.

1/ project M mewtwo's shadow ball GFX doesn't showup
2/ trying to modify mewtwo's.pac file in any way freezes the game probably because of file size limits im guessing.

Though i was able to modify pm roy's file but only slightly and ended up just recreating him using vbrawl marth's pac i tried doing that for mewtwo with lucario but no luck sadly. :[
1. P:M's .pacs are NOT designed for vBrawl, so glhf.
2. Aura sphere SHOULD be in the FitWhatever.pac (the moveset), but afaik Articles can't have their GFX changed (correct me if I am incorrect).

Quote from: SnicksPG on January 10, 2014, 04:07:02 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Again I have 4 characters total.

it looks like you only added 1 extra ID though. if you were adding 4 charas it should look like this

0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000028
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23193F 40414229

so you told the css to make 4 extra slots, and only filled out the one for ID 40. the code still made the extra slots, but used the extra 0's at the end. which is why they were mario's :P

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 10, 2014, 04:31:27 AM
it looks like you only added 1 extra ID though. if you were adding 4 charas it should look like this

0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000028
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23193F 40414229

so you told the css to make 4 extra slots, and only filled out the one for ID 40. the code still made the extra slots, but used the extra 0's at the end. which is why they were mario's :P

Oh I get it now, thanks man o/
I figured the 3F(or i put 42 in the original code I had) was just another variable detailing the amount of CSS slots. Was just misunderstood :p


Skype: mattastaticpg-13

January 10, 2014, 05:01:05 AM #880 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:13:31 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: SnicksPG on January 10, 2014, 04:40:21 AM
Oh I get it now, thanks man o/
I figured the 3F(or i put 42 in the original code I had) was just another variable detailing the amount of CSS slots. Was just misunderstood :p

mmmhmm :P

each of those ID's are specific to the character that's gonna go in the slot.
if you have any trouble, i have 3 tutorials up, they're in the OP under video tutorials

January 10, 2014, 05:16:50 AM #881 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:20:48 AM by Don Jon Bravo
Quote from: SnicksPG on January 10, 2014, 04:40:21 AM
Oh I get it now, thanks man o/
I figured the 3F(or i put 42 in the original code I had) was just another variable detailing the amount of CSS slots. Was just misunderstood :p
:facepalm:
its ok
css code can be something confusing

anyways dolphin keeps on crahing on me

it goes from jitc to interpretr mode
may have to reboot my computer
or do a system restore  :oshi:

January 10, 2014, 05:32:57 AM #882 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:25:09 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 10, 2014, 05:16:50 AM
:facepalm:
its ok
css code can be something confusing

anyways dolphin keeps on crahing on me

it goes from jitc to interpretr mode
may have to reboot my computer
or do a system restore  :oshi:

O.o whyyyy..? why not just reinstall dolphin?

Post Merge: January 10, 2014, 06:25:09 AM

welp. did the tut, world decided to hate me today, tutorial sucked and too much went wrong.

i'll re-record tomorrow lol

Quote from: ShinF on January 09, 2014, 11:59:42 PM
That might be your problem. Did you make sure to add the Disable Custom Stages code to the GCT? If you're using the hackless method, you have to make sure you do that, otherwise you'll get freezes on the Stage Select Screen. ASF's pack was made for the homebrew method, so it doesn't have that code in there.

Disable Custom Stages
046B841C 48000040

You can use GCT Edit to add it in, or use ASF's code list and Code Manager to create a new GCT.

Oh my God, that's been my problem this entire time. I forgot I needed that code XD. Guess I should've mentioned I was using the hackless method, lol. Oh well, I'm glad I've got it working now. Thanks to you and Sammi. :)

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 10, 2014, 12:59:54 AM
alloys and gigas are not working because their ids are messed up
hence why u add them to the css code they dont work, even if you add an icon.
that is the whole point of the Giga and  company engine codes
to fix their ids
unfortunately that code does not work with brawlex

how are the pokemon working?

The pokémon are working via the Independent Pokémon Engine, meaning their 'IDs' are 5C, 5D and 5E. I hope this engine will allow me to change them back to their normal selves, but still independent (I have Pokémon Trainer as well for those that want the switching abilities and its drawbacks).

Finally, can the CSS Fixes for Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS code work with this?

My intent is to have exactly this same screen, but with the Alloys getting their own full cosmetics (stock icons and all), and the Random fixed back up (note that the Random textures are still there, but I added the Red Alloy's ones beyond the Random slot in sc_selcharacter.pac).