The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 21, 2014, 11:09:57 PM #1395 Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:12:51 PM by Axel Akutare
Quote from: MrUnusual on January 21, 2014, 04:31:37 PM
So nobody has found a way to fix this "Crazy Hand" thing?

So is this how to add 10 slots for each character in BrawlEx? and if so, what do these codes represent?

05000001 02050302 08040103 02060007
01090308 070C0000 00000000 00000000

Like, if I wanted to add those 10 slots to Mewtwo (Who's character I put as 3F) would it look like this?

05000001 02050302 08040103 02060007
01090308 070C0000 3F000000 00000000

and is this CSSSlot15 [Wario].dat? and if this and the above are correct, what do I save this file as when I replace those codes? CSSSlot3F.dat? and then save it in the SD card over the one I have already? And if this is the case, I tried it, didn't work :/ Mewtwo still has the same amount of slots even after opening Fighter3F.dat and checking off 0-9 and de-selectic ?A (?B was already de-selected) and saved that and put it over the one I had in my SD card, still didn't give me anymore slots :/

You should be using those to replace the last two lines of a CSSSlot file for Lucario with a Hex Editor if you're trying to work with Mewtwo, then rename the file to CSSSlot3F(if that's your Mewtwo slot)

In theory and from what I can tell, following those directions should definitely give you 10 costume slots(though in my case it causes the game to freeze when switching between the first and last costume on the character select screen) I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything about de-selecting the ?A box though. I don't really have any idea WHAT the ?A and ?B settings are even for. I might test that out when I get home and see if that ends up fixing my freezing issue though. I got no idea.

If it's not giving you the slots at all, are you sure you put the edited Fighter and CSSSlot files on the SD Card?
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

January 22, 2014, 12:05:06 AM #1396 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:30:19 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
@Mr.unusual

First, do not add 3f to the css slot config.  That part of the config has nothing to do with ids of the characteers, only costumes.
Second, Dont uncheck ?a at the fighter config
What I meant was to take out 0A and 0B in the css slot config, which you have clearly already done

@ Axel Akute

try adding an 09 after 07, and 0C ater 09
hence:

05000001 02050302 08040103 02060007
01090308 07090C00 00000000 00000000

or make sure ur CSP's are not corrupted

also
u may not even have to remove the 0a and 0b from the css slot confing, as long as u dont check 10,11,12 on the fighter config, u should be ok.

Gah, I stopped getting notifications for some reason. Kind of annoying.

I've been trying to expand the costumes for the default characters but I'm getting a freeze when hovering over them (I'm trying it with Ness first, for the record). I checked the 00 through 09 boxes in Fighter Config, changed the last two lines of their CSS Slot config to match Wario's (removing the 0A and 0B costumes so it matched the picture that Don Jon Bravo posted), added the costume files, added portraits to sc_selcharacter, added battle portraits, and added results screen portraits. Am I missing something?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

January 22, 2014, 12:39:50 AM #1398 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:47:17 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: ShinF on January 22, 2014, 12:33:22 AM
Gah, I stopped getting notifications for some reason. Kind of annoying.

I've been trying to expand the costumes for the default characters but I'm getting a freeze when hovering over them (I'm trying it with Ness first, for the record). I checked the 00 through 09 boxes in Fighter Config, changed the last two lines of their CSS Slot config to match Wario's (removing the 0A and 0B costumes so it matched the picture that Don Jon Bravo posted), added the costume files, added portraits to sc_selcharacter, added battle portraits, and added results screen portraits. Am I missing something?
0A And 0B are really fighter costumes 10, and 11 in the fighter config
so try not taking them out as long as u dont check those in the fighter config

another thing u can try is using Wario's Slot config, renamed to your character
for example SlotConfigWario turns into Slot Config3F

i think i used that when testing...
but than again i didnt do anything special to the Slot Config when configuring GigaBowser to only load one Portrait

Does moving Default characters out of their order on the css cause a freeze? I'm getting a freeze and that's the only thing I could think that might do that in my situation
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

I got most of my aesthetic stuff working, but I'm having an issue with the names above the character select boxes. They show up like this:

I'm pretty sure I named them right. http://imgur.com/MMbnT2y
Any idea what I did wrong?

I think you may have done something wrong in the texpat part.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

I've been back and forth from this thread and to the game, and I figured I'd just ask here in case anyone knows:

What's the code to make your SD card read a large .gct?
Also, is there a code for nor staage result for all characters as opposed to just picking one?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

January 22, 2014, 01:26:38 AM #1403 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:27:46 AM by Doqtor Kirby Ex
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 21, 2014, 05:31:54 AM
Just posting a friendly reminder that when you format/defrag, to always check the hooktype when loading the game via GeckoOS and Configurable USB Loader afterwards as it will revert to default. You need it to be AxNextFrame or the BrawlEx module won't load because common2.pac doesn't load.

Check your STGRESULT.PAC. If it's unmodified, then put a VBrawl one on your SD card.
Unmodified STGRESULT from ASF's pack. I didn't think I had to modify it because I told the game to load the stock result mark for Pokemon.

Post Merge: January 22, 2014, 01:27:46 AM

Quote from: Nebulon on January 22, 2014, 01:25:39 AM
I've been back and forth from this thread and to the game, and I figured I'd just ask here in case anyone knows:

What's the code to make your SD card read a large .gct?
Also, is there a code for nor staage result for all characters as opposed to just picking one?
No code, just a gameconfig.txt. Not sure where to find one, except in Brawl-, P:M, and ASF1nk's pack.

Quote from: Lillith on January 22, 2014, 01:23:07 AM
I think you may have done something wrong in the texpat part.
You're right, I did. Thanks!

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby Ex on January 22, 2014, 01:26:38 AM
Unmodified STGRESULT from ASF's pack. I didn't think I had to modify it because I told the game to load the stock result mark for Pokemon.

Post Merge: January 22, 2014, 01:27:46 AM
No code, just a gameconfig.txt. Not sure where to find one, except in Brawl-, P:M, and ASF1nk's pack.

I found the no stage result code in my code library. I thought there was a code to fix the issue where gecko says your gct is too large to be read. I'll need it very soon.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

January 22, 2014, 02:24:21 AM #1406 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:41:29 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Alternate Sound Loader By Mr.MW


And here are the codes

+$alternate sound loader by Mr.MW
284DE4B0 00000C80
045A7D30 2F736678
CC000000 00000001
045A7D30 2F736632
E0000000 80008000
284F7880 00001800
045A7D30 2F736678
CC000000 00000001
045A7D30 2F736632
E0000000 80008000


This code is activated by button combinations that are never used in gameplay:
Wiimote/Wiimote+nunchuck use "-" + "A"
Gamecube controller use "X" + "Y"

Make a folder named sf2 inside your pf folder


Place your sawnd files for your clones in it
They need to be named as normal

So before u choose ur clone, activate the code.  YOur clone's sfx directory will than be swapped to sf2 loading files from there.

To play sfx from one folder vs the second one, example Wolf vs Vegeta,
choose Wolf first
go to stage selection screen
go back to Character Selection Screen
Do not unchoose Wolf(this makes it so that Wolf already loaded sfx from the first folder)
Now activate code
Choose Vegeta
go to stage
and finally to game
You should now have Wolf with his normal sfx, vs Vegeta with sfx from sf2.

Dolphin Users, you need to do a lot of clear caching when fighting same based characters...

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 22, 2014, 02:24:21 AM
Alternate Sound Loader By Mr.MW
That is... Absolutely spectacular, I'd love to see this finished!
So many awesome things happening recently, haha.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 22, 2014, 02:24:21 AM
Alternate Sound Loader By Mr.MW

So is this a method of actually adding soundbanks rather than replacing? and could both of those soundbanks be used simultaneously between 2 Wolf characters in the same match?

January 22, 2014, 02:45:42 AM #1409 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:50:24 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
its a work in progress
remember guys that this needs IE's sound code, as it modifies parts of its values.

Quote from: SpoonTheMan on January 22, 2014, 02:42:49 AM
So is this a method of actually adding soundbanks rather than replacing? and could both of those soundbanks be used simultaneously between 2 Wolf characters in the same match?
1.  NOpe.  It loads "Alternate" versions of the Sawnd files, saves going into the tedious work of breaking the brsar.
2.  Also if you do it right, you can have 2 wolf characters in the same match with their respective sfx, i didnt do it because im using dolphin, and its hell to clear cache when trying these type of codes.  Not to mention that i dont have a second controller setup on the computer so you can hear the different taunt sounds