The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 24, 2014, 10:03:49 PM #1590 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:09:40 PM by Kosner
Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 24, 2014, 09:45:06 PM
The actual textures are Brawl loading from the SD Card, while the Mario Icons are an effect of the codes themselves, I believe. Brawl's not loading the SD Card for one reason or another. This is a bit out of my range of expertise I think, since you've got the SDHC extension and it's still not loading.

I see what you mean, the icons are probably from the CSS code. I tried Gecko OS again, but noticed that in Gecko the cloned icons are random and freeze before I touch them, while in Project M Launcher they're all just Marios. I'm guessing Gecko isn't loading anything from the SD, while Project M is but I must have them set up wrong somewhere.

@ShinF I don't think it does since SDHC extension works for me with Project M Launcher.

Since I had it working in the past, is it possible there's a version of Gecko that loads a different IOS or anything?

When you tried gecko did you set the hooktype?

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 24, 2014, 10:09:25 PM
When you tried gecko did you set the hooktype?

Tried it as default and the AXNextFrame one.

I got the swapping code to work though the icon doesn't change (Is that normal?) what I thought was a freezing issue turns out to be me not pressing "R" fast enough since I only have 1 extra character so far and if I hold R for too long it scrolls past him and crashes If there is a way to fix that in the code I'd like to know because it'll be a while before I reach the 99 limit.

Otherwise the character loads fine now and it works perfectly, in battle.

The icon isn't supposed to change :P i haven't figured that out yet. to fix the scrolling past him and freezing, use the new code here
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This one shouldn't freeze when it scrolls past 99.

oh and i believe 99 is the max unfortunately

wb cloning project m character please i really want to :kdance:

Project m is not compatable. they're modules and system for loading modules is completely different

Hey, maybe someone could help. I have a mewtwo and young link in my game as ex clones and when lucario or link is in play, they seem to share effects. How would one fix this?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on January 24, 2014, 11:32:26 PM
Hey, maybe someone could help. I have a mewtwo and young link in my game as ex clones and when lucario or link is in play, they seem to share effects. How would one fix this?

This is normal. To make it not happen, you would have to - I'll just quote Lillith's instructions.

Quote from: Lillith on January 22, 2014, 10:35:36 AM
Alrighty! Here's how you can get different sword blurs for clone characters (And even the originals if you want) I haven't figured out sword glows or other GFX yet, but I'll keep trying stuff until something works.

First you'll need your character's PSA, in this case I'm using a Marth clone. You'll also need the 'ef' file of another character, I'll be doing this with the assist trophy character Lyn ('Cause Lyn's the only character I've tried so far.), her file is called 'ef_lin.pac'.

Open up the 'ef' file of the character you're borrowing the sword blur from in Brawlbox, find TextureData[0] (Which is probably the only texturedata there for every other character, but it's certainly for Lyn), find the name of the sword blur texture you wish to use, in this case it's 'eff_assi_MA_Lin_ZANZOU01_ADD', you'll want to write that down somewhere.

Now open up your PSA file in Brawlbox, you'll see a file called 'ef_(character name)' (In my case it's 'ef_marth'), rename that to the name of the character you're borrowing the sword blur from (For me, again, it's 'ef_lin') (I'm not sure if this is necessary, but I did it anyway to make sure it worked), go to and open the 'TextureData[0]' file, open textures, and rename one of the existing sword blurs to the name of the one you copied earlier, so in my case, I'm renaming 'TexMarthSwoadTrace' to 'eff_assi_MA_Lin_ZANZOU01_ADD' and save the file.

After you've done all that you're going to need to open the PSA in Project Smash Attacks and edit ALL of the sword blur ID's in the GFX tab to match the one you had just replaced, so in my situation, I replaced '00000009' (ID of 'TexMarthSwoadTrace')  with '00000015' (ID of 'eff_assi_MA_Lin_ZANZOU01_ADD') after you've dealt with all that save and test, if it works then congrats!

Now of course, the ID's are all different, so sadly you're going to have to mess around with them until you get the one you want to use.


Hopefully this actually helped people, if not, I'll try and get screenshots to illustrate further, I'm terrible at explainations so sorry~

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 24, 2014, 11:37:54 PM
This is normal. To make it not happen, you would have to - I'll just quote Lillith's instructions.

Quote from: ShinF on January 24, 2014, 11:37:54 PM
This is normal. To make it not happen, you would have to - I'll just quote Lillith's instructions.

Quote from: ShinF on January 24, 2014, 11:37:54 PM
This is normal. To make it not happen, you would have to - I'll just quote Lillith's instructions.


Nice! I'll try this when i'm home. Also i it confirmed that kirby i having issue with ingame characters? Or are only aome people having issues. I haven't tried him out aince i've been building but he's one of my mains when i troll and it'd be devastatin if this didn't allow kirby to work.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on January 24, 2014, 11:43:26 PM
Nice! I'll try this when i'm home. Also i it confirmed that kirby i having issue with ingame characters? Or are only aome people having issues. I haven't tried him out aince i've been building but he's one of my mains when i troll and it'd be devastatin if this didn't allow kirby to work.

Kirby works, but you have to do it right. When cloning a character, you have to set the Kirby Hat data to None to prevent freezing. Besides that, he also seems to freeze with Luigi and Yoshi when you use a Fighter Config for those characters to expand their costumes. Again, setting their Fighter Config to have "None" for the Kirby Hat data fixes it, although when set to None he can't gain their power.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

January 24, 2014, 11:48:46 PM #1601 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:52:24 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: ShinF on January 24, 2014, 11:46:28 PM
Kirby works, but you have to do it right. When cloning a character, you have to set the Kirby Hat data to None to prevent freezing. Besides that, he also seems to freeze with Luigi and Yoshi when you use a Fighter Config for those characters to expand their costumes. Again, setting their Fighter Config to have "None" for the Kirby Hat data fixes it, although when set to None he can't gain their power.

That's fine i'm not gonna expand the costumes. When we get the extra slots working and i wan more costumes i'll have slots for that sole purpose. Thanks for the help. :)

Post Merge: January 24, 2014, 11:52:24 PM

Oh, and i guess i should confirm, mewtwo's pure aura messing with lucario
'S blue auro is an effect right? Or is it something else?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

can u make this work for project m 3.02

Quote from: Jasgx on January 25, 2014, 12:13:46 AM
can u make this work for project m 3.02
NO. Sammi-husky already told you that this is incompatible with Project M.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 25, 2014, 12:15:06 AM
NO. Sammi-husky already told you that this is incompatible with Project M.

Sorry but just to clarify, it won't work with the Project M Launcher even if I use my own .gct?