Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848398 times)
Kosner
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1650 on: January 25, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »

Doqtor Kirby Ex, would you be able to tell me what part of BrawlEx doesn't work with Riivolution? Does the game crash on startup? Does BrawlEx not load at all and you just get Random icons? Do the icons show up as Mario, but remain unconfigured causing a crash when you try to enter a match with them? These kinds of details are important.

When I did it they always appeared as random icons and the game froze when I got too close to them. Using the exact same files in Project M Launcher worked fine though.

PhantomWings
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1651 on: January 25, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »

When I did it they always appeared as random icons and the game froze when I got too close to them. Using the exact same files in Project M Launcher worked fine though.

m'kay. Thanks for the information. I may have to work up a different hookpoint for BrawlEx besides Common2.pac.

Edit: Just to be sure, did you add a reference to both bx_fighter.rel and the config files into the Riivolution .xml for Brawl? Riivolution won't try to load files that aren't already on the disk unless specified otherwise.
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:13:06 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1652 on: January 25, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »

oh hi PW! nice to see you and great updating! :3

also, I have a question! how do you port a "fully character" to brawlex?

I know how to port a character that doesnt have any articles like Marth, Jigglypuff and Metaknight, but how do you port a character with articles example Ganondorf or Luigi?

Stupid Tinypic :C

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1653 on: January 25, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »

m'kay. Thanks for the information. I may have to work up a different hookpoint for BrawlEx besides Common2.pac.

Edit: Just to be sure, did you add a reference to both bx_fighter.rel and the config files into the Riivolution .xml for Brawl? Riivolution won't try to load files that aren't already on the disk unless specified otherwise.

Nope I was just using the modlauncher.xml, not sure how to edit that much yet!

Off topic from Riivolution, I tried to turn a clone Link into Zero, but I get the freezing when I leave CSS or start a match. The Zero didn't come with a FitLinkFinal/Dark/Spy so I threw in Link's originals, is that the problem?
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:25:32 PM by Kosner » Logged

chaokid999
    Special Access

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1654 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:30 PM »

This may sound crazy, but would it ever be possible to link multiple characters to one modified copy ability?  Kirby Dance Perhaps Mario, Roy, and Charizard would create fire Kirby or something similar.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1655 on: January 25, 2014, 12:35:56 PM »

oh hi PW! nice to see you and great updating! :3

also, I have a question! how do you port a "fully character" to brawlex?

I know how to port a character that doesnt have any articles like Marth, Jigglypuff and Metaknight, but how do you port a character with articles example Ganondorf or Luigi?

Hi Pikazz, it's good to see that you've got transforming characters up and running - you're pretty amazing when it comes to figuring these things out.

Patching articles involves two main tasks. The first is finding the sections of assembly code that will cause issues for a clone character. The second is determining what to patch those sections with to make them function generically regardless of the character's underlying id.

The first part is fairly easy and usually done with the aid of a debugger like WiiRD or Dolphin Debug (set in Interpreter mode). They'll usually give you the address of the assembly code that was responsible for causing the crash. The second part is a little harder as you're limited in the amount of space you can use and if you change a function too much, it might break existing functionality of the code. I've been talking with Sammi-Husky about it a little bit, so I'll send you a copy of a few of the messages we've been exchanging.

This may sound crazy, but would it ever be possible to link multiple characters to one modified copy ability?  Kirby Dance Perhaps Mario, Roy, and Charizard would create fire Kirby or something similar.

That's actually a really cool idea - and it just might work in a feasible manner. Doing it this way would also make it possible to give each character unique hats and just keep the actual ability the same between them.

It would probably take some time to implement, but it might be something to consider for when I get to the next major version of BrawlEx.

Nope I was just using the modlauncher.xml, not sure how to edit that much yet!

Off topic from Riivolution, I tried to turn a clone Link into Zero, but I get the freezing when I leave CSS or start a match. The Zero didn't come with a FitLinkFinal/Dark/Spy so I threw in Link's originals, is that the problem?

That kind of crash indicates that one of Zero's resource files aren't being loaded. Double check the names of the files to make there's no issue in the file names.

There's actually a pretty detailed troubleshooting list in the OP that lists a lot of the common issues and provides explanations for the bugs that people have been experiencing lately.
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:39:49 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

Mariohuge
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1656 on: January 25, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »

Well, sadly, the update didn't fix the problem I was having with those PSAs. Oh well, it's a minor thing. I barely ever play with/against Kirby in a match, so it's not a big deal.
    On the subject of Kirby, I still can't figure out how to modify his rel to clone him. Do I have to do it in hex editor somehow, or what?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1657 on: January 25, 2014, 12:56:10 PM »

Hi Pikazz, it's good to see that you've got transforming characters up and running - you're pretty amazing when it comes to figuring these things out.

Patching articles involves two main tasks. The first is finding the sections of assembly code that will cause issues for a clone character. The second is determining what to patch those sections with to make them function generically regardless of the character's underlying id.

The first part is fairly easy and usually done with the aid of a debugger like WiiRD or Dolphin Debug (set in Interpreter mode). They'll usually give you the address of the assembly code that was responsible for causing the crash. The second part is a little harder as you're limited in the amount of space you can use and if you change a function too much, it might break existing functionality of the code. I've been talking with Sammi-Husky about it a little bit, so I'll send you a copy of a few of the messages we've been exchanging.
    like I said, I can see stuff how they are connected Tongue
    and I would love if you could do that! I would love to help increasing the BrawlEx modules! lucky I got dolphin so I can find the offsets that you said! (only need to figure out how to make it load hacks too!)
    you making me blush >w< a hacker legend said I was amazing ;w;
    that shouldn't be so hard actually! it might only need to select what kirby hat it will appear in the fighter config!
    and/or maybe set the relocation data to the file it will get instead for Mario or Ike!

Stupid Tinypic :C

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1658 on: January 25, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »

Pikazz, in my brawl minus tutorial for brawl ex I actually go over setting up dolphin to use gecko  Tongue u can just skip around til you get to it if you want.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1659 on: January 25, 2014, 01:19:16 PM »

Do you mean that the slots or the portraits were in the wrong order? Because it doesn't change the order of the portraits, it simply makes it so that the first portrait loads 00, the second portrait loads 01, etc.

@shadowXtreme

Thanks, that fixed the freezing problem with those two.
    00 and 01 have always worked for me, it's the rest I have issues with for done reason :/ but I'm gonna try copying the Fit files from the partition into the sd card and see if that fixes it when I get home

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1660 on: January 25, 2014, 01:23:35 PM »

@ShadowSnake
    I took a look at the gct you made, and it actually seems like the css code has it's character count set to 33, not 34...that could be a problem lol. at least, thats what it is in the text file.
    i'll test it on my wii after changing that in a bit

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1661 on: January 25, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »

That kind of crash indicates that one of Zero's resource files aren't being loaded. Double check the names of the files to make there's no issue in the file names.

There's actually a pretty detailed troubleshooting list in the OP that lists a lot of the common issues and provides explanations for the bugs that people have been experiencing lately.

Yeah I was looking at that section, but all the files seem to be named correctly according to the BrawlEx Config utility. FitZero.pac, FitZero00.pac, etc

The Zero download only came with FitLink.pac, one texture, and MotionEtc. Would using Link's default Final, Dark, Spy, cause a problem?

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1662 on: January 25, 2014, 01:52:13 PM »

Yeah I was looking at that section, but all the files seem to be named correctly according to the BrawlEx Config utility. FitZero.pac, FitZero00.pac, etc

The Zero download only came with FitLink.pac, one texture, and MotionEtc. Would using Link's default Final, Dark, Spy, cause a problem?
    nope thats what you must due  when psas like all files use the default character files  they are over.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1663 on: January 25, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »

@PW
    using the slots for gigabowser did not work
    i had to include a character replacement code to make giga load
    it was just loading mario

i havent really tested on independent pokemon, but will do later on

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1664 on: January 25, 2014, 02:10:59 PM »

nope thats what you must due  when psas like all files use the default character files  they are over.

I deleted Zero's folder and remade it as before and it worked. Must've really screwed up somewhere..

Pages:  1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: