Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848331 times)
Heavy-taste
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1725 on: January 27, 2014, 12:25:59 PM »

Hi guys,
I have a problem with ASF1nks BrawlEx pack.

What i did:
1. Downloaded the whole pack.
2. Downloaded the BrawlEx v1.1.2.0 .
3. Switched the "bx_fighter.rel" in the BrawlEx pack with the new one from BrawlEx v1.1.2.0
4. Copied everything to my SD. (Code in codes, rest in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/)
5. Startet my Wii U with the SD files. (I use USB Loader GX to load SSBB NTSC-U from my HDD.
I don´t know what I´m doing wrong here.
What´s the correct settings in my USB Loader?
Everytime i try to edit the settings like hook type it does not work. (why?)

Point is the game loads perfectly as normal, but when i try to go to CSS - click on Brawl - it freezes.

I hope someone can help me with my little problem.

Sorry in advance for my english grammar i tried to avoid sentences with my little list, so maybe it´s a bit easier to understand. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:41:17 PM by Heavy-taste » Logged

Not Kratos
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1726 on: January 27, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »

Yes.

Okay, so I probably should have explained how to change it in the first place. The last 2 lines of CSSSlot code are what determines which costumes appear and in what order on the CSS. Each costume is two bits (four numbers, two per bit), so in the code I gave you it works out like this:

Color 1 - 0500
Color 2 - 0001
Color 3 - 0202
Color 4 - 0303
Color 5 - 0804
Color 6 - 0105
End Code - 0C00

With the rest being zeroes. Now, I'm still unclear on what the first bit is (Either ASF or Don Jon Bravo said it's the color I think? Not sure) which is why I didn't try to explain it before, but it's the second bit that's important. The number there is the FitChar##.pac that the portrait is associated with. So, the 0500 bit (which is attached to the first portrait, IE the default) will load costume 00. The next bits (0001) will load FitChar01, and so on.

If you wanted to take away costume 6, you would remove the bits that say 0105 and uncheck the 6th costume in the Fighter Config. If you wanted to, say, add a seventh costume, then you could add another set of bits after costume 6 (before 0C). The first two numbers won't really affect anything, but the second set would be 06. In the 10 costume versions where I copied and modified Wario's, it's 0206.

You could just start with the 10 costume version and remove whichever costumes you don't want, if you wanted to.

Costume 1
Costume 2
Costume 3
Costume 4
Costume 5
Costume 6
Costume 7
Costume 8
Costume 9
Costume 10
Terminate Code/Filler

05000001 02020303 08040105 02060007
01080309 0C000000 00000000 00000000

The portraits will scroll through in whatever order they appear in sc_selcharacter, so the first portrait will be attached to the first costume in the code, etc.

That's pretty much it. I hope that all makes sense.
Does this work for characters you didn't add? So could I say, give DK a 7th color?

ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1727 on: January 27, 2014, 01:03:21 PM »

Does this work for characters you didn't add? So could I say, give DK a 7th color?
    Yep. The only one I'm unsure about is Game&Watch. I'm not quite sure how he works. Other than that, yeah. In fact, I created a bunch of stock files for each character to give them all 10 costumes if you want them.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1728 on: January 27, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »

Hey Sam. By chance, how is the expanded css or the 2 switchable characters per icon going along? I know you mentioned it the other day and i wasn't sure if i missed an update.

Well it almost completely works for dolphin, but for some reason on the WII, it crashes when switching from the first ex slot to the second...so at this point i've hit a roadblock on that and decided to take a break on it. Try to look at the problem from a different angle.

The two possibilities I'm at, are that since I'm the Wii it DOES allow 1 character passed the 50 limit, I'm assuming that the game is simply allowing it because there IS a bone that isn't being assigned to anything. And that would be the root node for all the others. It could also be that the bone count is only 1 higher then 50 when counting the bones that are being used in the scene.

The other possibility is that dolphin just doesn't give a [censored] about bones, and doesn't crash when there isn't one to assign it to. OR that dolphin is just less picky when it comes to addresses that needs to be changed when the slot is reassigned. In which case I would only need to find the other addresses that need to be changed.

In the meantime though, I haven't just been doing nothing. I'm currently looking into patching articles in ex modules thanks to help from PW. As soon as I fully understand how to find the addresses that need patching as well as fix weird bugs, I'll start making tons of em. The ones I'm currently on are ganon, falcon, fox, and diddy. Tongue then toonlink if someone doesn't beat me to it.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1729 on: January 27, 2014, 01:23:57 PM »

Wou
    the thing that made the project on ice is Module memory, the game freezes if you try to load 2 modules together that is over 330-360kB. I was lucky with both Jigglypuff and Marth since those 2 has the lowest kB together (209kB).

until we find a way to compress or increase the module memory, the project is on ice.
    did test 3 on a extra slot, but only the first 2 gets swap! but I will test them over Samus or PT
    Would you mind if I took a look at the code? Maybe if I see it I can understand it and figure it out and maybe contribute help out or contribute some ideas o.o I really like what you're doing with this. There are endless possibilities here if we can figure out how to bypass the file size part some how, this code would be very useful. I know you use the 3 other empty slots the other characters have, but I have a theory on how to expand that and use it to transform characters like Vegeta into Aa Super Saiyan, Super Saiyain 2, Super Saiyain 3, Super Saiyan 4. Of course there are other really good uses for this. If you allow me to play with whatever code you are using I can try to figure some things out.

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1730 on: January 27, 2014, 01:48:59 PM »

Yep. The only one I'm unsure about is Game&Watch. I'm not quite sure how he works. Other than that, yeah. In fact, I created a bunch of stock files for each character to give them all 10 costumes if you want them.
    I'm having issues giving Pokemon Trainer a 6th color; I THINK I edited the files OK, and I added the portraits and everything, but the color doesn't show up on the CSS.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #1731 on: January 27, 2014, 01:57:40 PM »

I need your advice on something. You told me that the 05 in the 0500 and so on for the other slots didn't matter, so I changed the code to this to have it better organized:

0000 0101 0202 0303 0404 0505 0606 0707
    0808 0909 0C00 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

Everything still seems to work fine, but I just wanted to double check with you that there wasn't an importance to 05, 02, 08 and etc. at the beginning of the bits so that I know that even though everything worked for me in Versus mode with Mewtwo (because he is the only one I tested this on), I didn't affect anything else by changing those codes, I just thought in theory that it would work and it has so far, but maybe it affected something else in the game that I'm unaware of.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1732 on: January 27, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »

Well it almost completely works for dolphin, but for some reason on the WII, it crashes when switching from the first ex slot to the second...so at this point i've hit a roadblock on that and decided to take a break on it. Try to look at the problem from a different angle.

The two possibilities I'm at, are that since I'm the Wii it DOES allow 1 character passed the 50 limit, I'm assuming that the game is simply allowing it because there IS a bone that isn't being assigned to anything. And that would be the root node for all the others. It could also be that the bone count is only 1 higher then 50 when counting the bones that are being used in the scene.

The other possibility is that dolphin just doesn't give a [censored] about bones, and doesn't crash when there isn't one to assign it to. OR that dolphin is just less picky when it comes to addresses that needs to be changed when the slot is reassigned. In which case I would only need to find the other addresses that need to be changed.

In the meantime though, I haven't just been doing nothing. I'm currently looking into patching articles in ex modules thanks to help from PW. As soon as I fully understand how to find the addresses that need patching as well as fix weird bugs, I'll start making tons of em. The ones I'm currently on are ganon, falcon, fox, and diddy. Tongue then toonlink if someone doesn't beat me to it.

That's amazing! I'm so psyched to port characters from those modules. Smiley I don't have dolphin, but is there anything I could do to help?

As for the CSS, is it safe to say that having the icons swap to a 2nd character is more likely then adding more icons to the CSS? Also, I'm not trying to be invasive, this is just the best thing ever.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1733 on: January 27, 2014, 02:02:38 PM »

Yea, adding new 'visual' CSS stuff is a huge pain in the arose, and I ran out of ideas on it really. Having 4 'ex fighter slots' that can switch Between the 49 extra characters would allow all 4 players to select one of them. Tongue unfortunately I need to do extensive testing on the Wii, since I don't have a USB gecko. Dangit lol.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1734 on: January 27, 2014, 02:04:22 PM »

I'm having issues giving Pokemon Trainer a 6th color; I THINK I edited the files OK, and I added the portraits and everything, but the color doesn't show up on the CSS.

Did you make sure to change the Fighter Config and CSS Slot Configs for the Trainer as well as all of his Pokemon?

I need your advice on something. You told me that the 05 in the 0500 and so on for the other slots didn't matter, so I changed the code to this to have it better organized:

0000 0101 0202 0303 0404 0505 0606 0707
    0808 0909 0C00 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000

Everything still seems to work fine, but I just wanted to double check with you that there wasn't an importance to 05, 02, 08 and etc. at the beginning of the bits so that I know that even though everything worked for me in Versus mode with Mewtwo (because he is the only one I tested this on), I didn't affect anything else by changing those codes, I just thought in theory that it would work and it has so far, but maybe it affected something else in the game that I'm unaware of.

ASF said that they are used for determining Team Colors, I think. There are three values for those numbers that represent the red team, the blue team and the green team. The others are just there for organizational purposes. I don't actually know which values they are, I'd have to go looking through the thread, but since Team Battles freeze with clones anyway, I don't think it should make all that much of a difference.

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1735 on: January 27, 2014, 02:07:39 PM »

There seems to be a bug with clones made from marth where if certain characters are walking or moving around on the ground while your using a grounded neutral b it causes him when you release it to slide forward, I tested this out with a normal marth clone and it still happens not sure if it has something to do with marth's EX.rel or the BX_fighter.rel

Click The Logo To Find Out More
    Click the Link To Download Now
    https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1736 on: January 27, 2014, 02:11:57 PM »

Did you make sure to change the Fighter Config and CSS Slot Configs for the Trainer as well as all of his Pokemon?
    I think this might be the issue; there is no CSS Slot Config for the Trainer.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1737 on: January 27, 2014, 02:19:00 PM »

I think this might be the issue; there is no CSS Slot Config for the Trainer.
    There is, it's simply labelled strangely. The Trainer's CSSSlot Config is CSSSlot1B [-]
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:20:41 PM by ShinF » Logged

Not Kratos
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1738 on: January 27, 2014, 02:20:02 PM »

Oh, that's what that does. OK, I'll test it again.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #1739 on: January 27, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »

Adding more bones was a theory I had, i might try and mess with that and see if i can get it to work.

Great to hear you are working on modules, I am excited for them.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Pages:  1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: