The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 02, 2014, 05:15:24 AM #3465 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:20:42 AM by Sammi Husky
Whew. got that update out of the way now. I've confirmed that the bug where having neither of the cosmetic files (sc_selcharacter, common5) will not crash the tool anymore. woohoo for bug fixes.  :kdance:

New features:

-Soundbanks fully supported
-kirby Soundbanks fully supported
-announcer calls supported
-Jiggly puff added
-ganon added
-Can set characters to have cBliss. (fixed bug where property wouldn't update if it was already cBliss)

Current known bugs:

-changing ID doesn't update the File Layout tab, but does update the files nonetheless
-changing the cosmetic Slot doesn't update the clone icon
-cannot set clones to vBrawl from cBliss setting yet
-having both sc_selcharacter and common5 at the same time crashes the tool

The download is in the OP for both versions, as well as in my sig :P next up, roster editor.

EDIT: whoops. guess the bug where if you have both sc_selcharacter and common5 at the same time crashes the tool, is still there :( oh well.

Quote from: Jade_Rock on March 01, 2014, 08:22:33 PM
Ok...so apparently vbrawl isn't even working for me.

Does this mess up your save file?Also what could I do if this is the problem?Because I can't think of anything else that is wrong...

Just gonna requote this since I can't figure out what to do...Can't even play vbrawl :(

This shouldn't mess up your save file. If you want a more satisfying answer, we need more information what the problem is such as:

Can your Wii read the disc?
Where in the process of starting up the game do you crash?
How are you loading the game?

Does anyone have a fresh Custom Random code? v.v

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 02, 2014, 05:15:24 AM
Whew. got that update out of the way now. I've confirmed that the bug where having neither of the cosmetic files (sc_selcharacter, common5) will not crash the tool anymore. woohoo for bug fixes.  :kdance:

New features:

-Soundbanks fully supported
-kirby Soundbanks fully supported
-announcer calls supported
-Jiggly puff added
-ganon added
-Can set characters to have cBliss. (fixed bug where property wouldn't update if it was already cBliss)

Current known bugs:

-changing ID doesn't update the File Layout tab, but does update the files nonetheless
-changing the cosmetic Slot doesn't update the clone icon
-cannot set clones to vBrawl from cBliss setting yet
-having both sc_selcharacter and common5 at the same time crashes the tool

The download is in the OP for both versions, as well as in my sig :P next up, roster editor.

EDIT: whoops. guess the bug where if you have both sc_selcharacter and common5 at the same time crashes the tool, is still there :( oh well.
>Soundbanks supported

I've never hacked sounds myself, but does this mean each clone can have their own sounds now?


Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on March 02, 2014, 06:04:52 AM
Does anyone have a fresh Custom Random code? v.v

don't need custom random if you use the expansion. inside of the CSSRoster.dat, just add the clone's ID to the random roster.

Quote from: Riddler on March 02, 2014, 06:14:35 AM
>Soundbanks supported

I've never hacked sounds myself, but does this mean each clone can have their own sounds now?

No unfotunately. that's still not a thing. not until someone takes a look at BBox's source and finishes it.

This just means that you can set the soundbank in the tool now.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 02, 2014, 06:18:32 AMdon't need custom random if you use the expansion. inside of the CSSRoster.dat, just add the clone's ID to the random roster.

Ooohhhhh so thats what that button does

@Sammi Husky

So I just downloaded the updated tool, but it doesn't seem to work... I continue to get this error message:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Your previous version works fine, but when I try to select the folder in the updated tool it does this.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on March 02, 2014, 05:55:50 AM
This shouldn't mess up your save file. If you want a more satisfying answer, we need more information what the problem is such as:

Can your Wii read the disc?
Where in the process of starting up the game do you crash?
How are you loading the game?

It can read it.
It does the now loading....when it is over the screen is completely black and doesn't go away,it stays like that you don't even see the intro or the music.
I even tried loading vbrawl normally from the wii menu and it didn't work,I'll see if I can get my friends game and see if it works.Might take a while though.

Hey Sammi your Falcon ExRel works great... except final smash freezes :( Might want to look in to that.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on March 02, 2014, 05:20:51 PM
Hey Sammi your Falcon ExRel works great... except final smash freezes :( Might want to look in to that.
Didn't freeze for me. Maybe it's just your PSA? I'm using the Ryu one.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 02, 2014, 05:15:24 AM
Whew. got that update out of the way now. I've confirmed that the bug where having neither of the cosmetic files (sc_selcharacter, common5) will not crash the tool anymore. woohoo for bug fixes.  :kdance:

New features:

-Soundbanks fully supported
-kirby Soundbanks fully supported
-announcer calls supported
-Jiggly puff added
-ganon added
-Can set characters to have cBliss. (fixed bug where property wouldn't update if it was already cBliss)

Current known bugs:

-changing ID doesn't update the File Layout tab, but does update the files nonetheless
-changing the cosmetic Slot doesn't update the clone icon
-cannot set clones to vBrawl from cBliss setting yet
-having both sc_selcharacter and common5 at the same time crashes the tool

The download is in the OP for both versions, as well as in my sig :P next up, roster editor.

EDIT: whoops. guess the bug where if you have both sc_selcharacter and common5 at the same time crashes the tool, is still there :( oh well.
Will there be a new tutorial on the new Sound option? :D

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

First of all I want to say congrats on finally making this! Everything works great except for one thing! For some reason, EX characters can't use Final Smash?? I've only entered one EX character so far (Marth) and I don't have the original FitMarth files, so I just followed the steps in the tuorial and copied wtv I had in my marth folder, which is a Kratos Aurion PSA. Maybe the problem is I need to modify something in the DAT files?? All I modified was the FighterConfig one. Anyways, if anyone knows how to fix this, it would be great, because I would love for the Final Smashes to work. Thanks.

Quote from: stunt296 on March 02, 2014, 06:05:07 PM
First of all I want to say congrats on finally making this! Everything works great except for one thing! For some reason, EX characters can't use Final Smash?? I've only entered one EX character so far (Marth) and I don't have the original FitMarth files, so I just followed the steps in the tuorial and copied wtv I had in my marth folder, which is a Kratos Aurion PSA. Maybe the problem is I need to modify something in the DAT files?? All I modified was the FighterConfig one. Anyways, if anyone knows how to fix this, it would be great, because I would love for the Final Smashes to work. Thanks.

It sound like you're missing FitMarthFinal.pac. You need all of the default files, including ones not included in the PSA. You can get them from the data partition on the resources page. Or just go here.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vhNdf69qaSZ0N0MnBjOXFYMU0

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on March 02, 2014, 05:20:51 PM
Hey Sammi your Falcon ExRel works great... except final smash freezes :( Might want to look in to that.
sure you diodnt forget to include the fitcaptainfinal.pac renamed to your clone?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.