Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2837229 times)
Power Marshall
-JDeLL~
Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4320 on: March 20, 2014, 06:32:38 AM »

I can't seem to make the CSPs, CSS icons, etc to work for Brawlex...I tried to do what the tutorial said in the OP but still no changes at all. (trying to have tabuu CSPs CSS icons to work over ganondorf) Here's the link to my files if anyone wants to help me it would be awesome:  https://www.mediafire.com/?knxnh3ifanz0wo5

I also changed something inthe cosmetic file in hexedit like in the tutorial but I don't know if that's for dolphin only or something...

Do you have the Rel file? If no, go into your Brawl Clone engine tool folder from PhantomWings and into ExModules. Everything else seems okay. Though, you do need a CSSslotconfig file, a Slotconfig file, and a fighterconfig file. Unless you do, but it's not in your zip lol

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

yadayada
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4321 on: March 20, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »

I apologize if this is the wrong place to be asking so many unrelated questions, is CSS Organizer 2.0 still the way to go about creating custom character select screens, or have there been any new methods since then that I've missed?

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #4322 on: March 20, 2014, 11:03:14 AM »

I apologize if this is the wrong place to be asking so many unrelated questions, is CSS Organizer 2.0 still the way to go about creating custom character select screens, or have there been any new methods since then that I've missed?
    There are better ways, I think. Like editing the CSS from its natural files, as well as with the Brawlex Clone engine, you can ADD slots, and in a more easier manner.

Updated 1/18

yadayada
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4323 on: March 20, 2014, 11:05:14 AM »

There are better ways, I think. Like editing the CSS from its natural files, as well as with the Brawlex Clone engine, you can ADD slots, and in a more easier manner.

I understand adding slots and what not, but as far as placement and rotations and translations and stuff goes, am I better off just doing it withing the CSS files or using CSS Organizer?

Kyu Rain
    Newbie Kitten

the ultimate crossover!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4324 on: March 20, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »

So can this work on Riivolution?

Kik is the fastest way to contact me if you have questions.
    Username: KyuRainX

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4325 on: March 20, 2014, 02:00:44 PM »

So can this work on Riivolution?

The general answer to that is:

It has the capacity to, however it has not been developed. S there's no reason it can't be made to, but it has yet to be made.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

the98pika
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4326 on: March 20, 2014, 03:08:01 PM »

Yeah I have those 3 files and the Rel. The reason I added the cosmetic file is because I edited it in Hexedit to change 2 numbers.

-

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

Like I ever know what I'm doing.

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4327 on: March 20, 2014, 03:50:31 PM »

The general answer to that is:

It has the capacity to, however it has not been developed. S there's no reason it can't be made to, but it has yet to be made.

Speaking of riivolution, has anybody managed to get passed the loading screen? At first it was just crashing as soon as the game loaded, now it gets to the first loading screen and crashes shortly after. I mean theoretically you just gotta patch the right files right?

My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
    Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #4328 on: March 20, 2014, 04:39:04 PM »

I understand adding slots and what not, but as far as placement and rotations and translations and stuff goes, am I better off just doing it withing the CSS files or using CSS Organizer?
    Lol, I'm figuring out some stuff in the SC_Selchar.pac file, which controls the CSS itself, but I'm still not sure how everything works as of yet. The CSS dat file just reorders the icons. The CSS organizer, as I remember, does more. So if you want more, I'd stick with the CSS Organizer.

Yeah I have those 3 files and the Rel. The reason I added the cosmetic file is because I edited it in Hexedit to change 2 numbers.
    Hmm... Are you using Gecko, by chance? If so, have you set the hook type to AXNextframe, or something like that? If you are using a SDHC Card, does Brawl recognize it (Do you have photos, stages, replays on it?)

Updated 1/18

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4329 on: March 20, 2014, 04:51:22 PM »

Lol, I'm figuring out some stuff in the SC_Selchar.pac file, which controls the CSS itself, but I'm still not sure how everything works as of yet. The CSS dat file just reorders the icons. The CSS organizer, as I remember, does more. So if you want more, I'd stick with the CSS Organizer.
    I think CSS Organizer doesn't work with CSS Expansion, though, because CSS Expansion increases the number of icons to 100 but CSS Organizer goes up only to 50, though I'm not sure.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• Awards Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4330 on: March 20, 2014, 04:58:52 PM »

hey sammi, your clone engine tool crashes whenever you change the compression of the Sc_selcharacter.pac to extended LZ77(I was following your custom cosmetic tutorial if you were wondering why I changed that)

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4331 on: March 20, 2014, 05:01:32 PM »

hey sammi, your clone engine tool crashes whenever you change the compression of the Sc_selcharacter.pac to extended LZ77(I was following your custom cosmetic tutorial if you were wondering why I changed that)
    Edit it in BB v0.71.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• Awards Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4332 on: March 20, 2014, 05:08:44 PM »

thats what I was using to change it and the clone engine tool still crashes after using extendedLz77 on a Sc_selcharacter.pac. it happned with my own brawlex setup and when I was trying to edit Nebulon's brawlex setup.

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

24tee
    Expert Kitten

If there is Smash, there is Bros.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4333 on: March 20, 2014, 09:54:13 PM »

Speaking of riivolution, has anybody managed to get passed the loading screen? At first it was just crashing as soon as the game loaded, now it gets to the first loading screen and crashes shortly after. I mean theoretically you just gotta patch the right files right?

I got all the way to the CSS with a BrawlEx XML i made, but sadly there was nothing there, not even vBrawl chars. The whole screen was... blank, but it wasn't froze either.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #4334 on: March 21, 2014, 06:06:33 AM »

I think CSS Organizer doesn't work with CSS Expansion, though, because CSS Expansion increases the number of icons to 100 but CSS Organizer goes up only to 50, though I'm not sure.
    Really? That might be true. I was assuming that he was just using the CSS Organizer without using the CSS Expansion part of the Clone Engine, since he asked which one was a better fit for him to use.

Updated 1/18

Pages:  1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: