The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The only difference is one is for windows XP. Your sure u don't have common AND sc_selcharacter? also if your using common 5 make sure that the sc_selcharacter inside it isn't set to extended lz77. Normally it crashes opening the PF folder if it can't find cosmetics for the clone specified in cosmetic config. Or if CSSRoster.dat isn't in the BrawlEx folder.

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 23, 2014, 06:57:16 PM
And Sammi, your tuts are life savers. I appreciate all the work you've put into your tool and the tuts.

Thanks! I'm glad they could help you! :)

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 23, 2014, 06:57:16 PM
I'm more concerned with the amount of time it takes. I'll post later if I need any more help.
Just follow the tutorials. Once you do it once, you'll be able to do it again whenever.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: ShinF on March 23, 2014, 07:12:34 PM
Use the generic portraits and replace them with libertyernie's Costume Manager.

The application crashes for me (doesn't even load).

I'll do it the hard way :>.>:


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This has probably been asked before but I dont want to stay with the question in my mind...
I see on the CSS expansion roster ID's .txt there are only 95 slot names from where 15 are bosses and alloys, 1 is blank is and 1 is random. Does that mean that we actually count with 78 fighter slots from where 40 are the regular characters, so we actually have only 38 extra slots? Or is there a way to use the bosses's IDs to put another EX fighter and stuff? and what about the missing 5 IDs which arent in the .txt to reach the 100 slots?

I believe a slight problem here would be the character voices. There probably aren't enough boss sounds to go around.

Quote from: Kyouma on March 23, 2014, 07:36:54 PM
This has probably been asked before but I dont want to stay with the question in my mind...
I see on the CSS expansion roster ID's .txt there are only 95 slot names from where 15 are bosses and alloys, 1 is blank is and 1 is random. Does that mean that we actually count with 78 fighter slots from where 40 are the regular characters, so we actually have only 38 extra slots? Or is there a way to use the bosses's IDs to put another EX fighter and stuff? and what about the missing 5 IDs which arent in the .txt to reach the 100 slots?
technically
the character replacement code by sputnit may help using the boss ids to new clones
but the clone ids are a little diferent from the character ids
its the same method i used to get GigaBowser working
but since the css code is not in function anymore, the code may not be compatible anymore

here is the code
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php?topic=3943.0;wap2

Quote from: Xinc on March 23, 2014, 07:43:45 PM
I believe a slight problem here would be the character voices. There probably aren't enough boss sounds to go around.

Try to modify the sounds of the Primids.
They have alot.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on March 23, 2014, 08:03:29 PM
technically
the character replacement code by sputnit may help using the boss ids to new clones
but the clone ids are a little diferent from the character ids
its the same method i used to get GigaBowser working
but since the css code is not in function anymore, the code may not be compatible anymore

here is the code
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php?topic=3943.0;wap2
hmm, do you think that this could be fixed in the future? I mean, using the 11 boss slots are something (as many slots we can use, better *w*), and yeaah, I tried to use a boss slot on the CSS.dat and crashed lol

imma try to add alloy-based PSAs in an upcoming release, making the total new character count possible to 41 (it'll be 40 for me so far since i got one slot broken for some reason)

V. 1.00

Quote from: MeleeMaster500 on March 23, 2014, 09:30:12 PM
imma try to add alloy-based PSAs in an upcoming release, making the total new character count possible to 41 (it'll be 40 for me so far since i got one slot broken for some reason)

I realize this question is off-topic, but how would an alloy PSA work? I thought they couldn't grab ledges or use specials.
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

simple, well... not so simple, but people have complete imported psas and models over alloys. simply do an advance search in brawlvault and specify its a character, a PSA and for a certain alloy. but the alloy just needs the right added files to be accessible by multiplayer. so it should just take overriding once they have cosmetics

V. 1.00

March 23, 2014, 10:02:13 PM #4436 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:20:52 PM by pinipigbomb
I don't know why, but I can't get the CSSRoster to register in game. I've disabled the Custom CSS code and placed CSSRoster.DAT under BrawlEx. Also, when I tried using BrawlEx without the roster and instead with the Custom CSS, my random icon disappeared even though I placed a 29 after the clone character ID's. The cloned character is Ike (using Abalfika's Dissidia/AC Cloud V1). When I tried to use my FS, he would just use his normal special even though I had broken a smash ball.
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

MeleeMaster. How did you get Spiderman into your roster when there's no Sheik or Yoshi module released?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 23, 2014, 10:29:43 PM #4438 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:30:48 PM by MeleeMaster500
I got it from nebulon's pack. someone must have ported it to marth, but did not post it on brawlvault. same thing with megaman over lucas. I don't know.

Where'd you get it nebulon?

(assuming he read this)

V. 1.00

I think it was mentioned that Spider-man is compatible with a Marth module or something due to not using any of Sheik's articles.