The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 10, 2014, 07:33:07 AM #4815 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:34:17 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Axel Akutare on April 10, 2014, 07:30:30 AM
That is a possibility. In modifying my ISO to have as many music files as possible(to save space on my SD prior to learning about the SDHC fix) it corrupted so the system can't recognize a specific song and I can't open the music settings to fix it. Prior to that, my original modified ISO exhibited weird freezes due to the mods I made to it, and I didn't even modify those things before.

Okay, I went back and copied my unmodified ISO image from my USB  HDD and tested it, still doesn't work, so either Dolphin 4.0 revision 1302 broke something or it's a PEBKAC error, and I'm thinking it's PEBKAC seeing as the original ISO failed to load.  Or could be a combo of my error and Dolphin, hard to say. I submitted a report to the Dolphin Team, hopefully I hear back from them, it could be something broken.

Again, a clean ISO was used, still didn't work, I'll try again later today ;D Now I know what the issue isn't.

I am having the weirdest problem. I am replacing the alloys and trying to put their names in but it's not working. Instead it takes their CSS picture and puts that over the roster name. Anyone ever see this?

Guys how do you use shinf cbliss for brawl ex I can't figure out the cosmetic hex edit part

Yep, the bloody thing STILL isn't working, but I've confirmed the ISO isn't the issue, nor is the file/folder hierarchy, I might have someone look at this after all. What I want to know is if I'm renaming the character ID incorrectly.

Let's say I have a Krystal over Peach mod and recolors I want to use in a new slot, the slot ID is 3F and the no. of slots in the code is changed to 25 instead. With that said, you use the module and BrawlExConfig to make sure the new character slot says Krystal instead of Peach, correct? Now, when you import Peach into the Fighter folder, would all the FitPeachXX need to be changed to FitKrystalXX instead? Or KrystalEX or something like that, or, do I need to make the slot say "PeachEX" for the Brawl EX config?

Hey; in the tutorial, when it comes to editing modules, it says to alter a specific code of hex in "sextion[8]".

Now, that's all fine and dandy. I did it several times with various characters. But... When I opened a Kirby.rel to edit... section8 is "null"! Is there something special I need to do with Kirby's .rel or is it fine as is?

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on April 10, 2014, 08:26:54 PM
Hey; in the tutorial, when it comes to editing modules, it says to alter a specific code of hex in "sextion[8]".

Now, that's all fine and dandy. I did it several times with various characters. But... When I opened a Kirby.rel to edit... section8 is "null"! Is there something special I need to do with Kirby's .rel or is it fine as is?
Leave the included Kirby rel alone. It fixes issues with Kirby copying BrawlEx characters. There is no BrawlEx Kirby module. And there likely won't be one a for a while.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 10, 2014, 08:36:28 PM
Leave the included Kirby rel alone. It fixes issues with Kirby copying BrawlEx characters. There is no BrawlEx Kirby module. And there likely won't be one a for a while.
No, I mean the one in the ExModules fold-

...Oh wait. That says it's a fix, not a BX module. Damn, looks like I won't be adding Sukapon into the game soon. And here I was all excited to make a Joy Mech Fight PSA >_>

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

And looks like I won't be able to use my Krystal over Peach in an extra slot either, despite following the video tutorial exactly. Damn...

Renaming the files, Peach's module, the slot ID, everything done exactly, still doesn't work. Might need to make a thread about this as I don't want to derail.

Quote from: Pikezer1337 on April 10, 2014, 07:41:20 PM
I am having the weirdest problem. I am replacing the alloys and trying to put their names in but it's not working. Instead it takes their CSS picture and puts that over the roster name. Anyone ever see this?
Something in your MelSelCharFace_A in your sc_selchar.pac through I is set to load the name with your CSS face.
I get that mistake alot.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

This is compatible with Cbliss?

Guys. If you have issues, start by downloading a pack and going from there. I downloaded ASF's, and can make clones with no problem.
Quote from: DarkEagle7 on April 10, 2014, 10:03:33 PM
This is compatible with Cbliss?
In a sense, it replaces it. You can achieve the same effect with this.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: the_randomizer on April 10, 2014, 08:56:52 PM
And looks like I won't be able to use my Krystal over Peach in an extra slot either, despite following the video tutorial exactly. Damn...

Renaming the files, Peach's module, the slot ID, everything done exactly, still doesn't work. Might need to make a thread about this as I don't want to derail.
that video is outdated
we dont even use the css code anymore
lol

Wait, so should I use the ft_kirby.rel from the exmodules folder, or just keep the one included in the core files folders?

Aren't they both the same?
Either way, just throw it in the module folder.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I'm having a bit of a strange problem that I have never encountered before...

So I am making my own build and I have added a Roy, Mewtwo, and Villager. Villager works fine. Mewtwo works almost... Roy... Crashes when highlighted over even thought I thought I had the right files.

The main problem I am having is that as you scroll through Mewtwo's costumes when you get to the final one if freezes if you try to go any further. Why?

I am using the codes given from SonicBrawler and I am using Nebulons sc_selcharacter.pac from his pack, and I am just editing the existing textures without having to worry about doing it manually myself.