Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2844391 times)
frostymm
Hyper Kitten

Like I ever know what I'm doing.

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5100 on: April 17, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »

Also I have a couple questions.

First question: What dictates the order which CPSs relate to the FitChracterXX.pac files? It's in one of the Slot files, right? I always have trouble with placing my costumes to match up with the CSPs, and it's going to get worse once I add extra costumes.

Secondly question: How does one change which costume are the team costumes? For instance, the Shadow I have is based off of Sonic, so his "blue" costume is his default costume, which is red. This isn't really a big deal, because I don't usually do team battles, but it would be nice to fix.

Both of these can be answered by taking a look at ShinF's tutorial here:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.msg1238260#msg1238260

My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
    Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5101 on: April 17, 2014, 02:38:51 PM »

Alright so the opening post says that you can have up to 100 characters, but you can't go above the 63 slot? That doesn't add up at all. What gives? Can I use some other slots or something? I guess Nebulon is looking into boss slots, will that bring it up to 100?
    lol
    63 in hex>100 in decimal

Mariohuge
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5102 on: April 17, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »

So using the boss slots doesn't affect the bosses when you fight them in modes like boss battles?

MeleeMaster500
    Mega Kitten

The coffin has opened

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5103 on: April 17, 2014, 04:46:47 PM »

if you replace boss data, it will replace bosses. they will break obviously

V. 1.00

KingImpris
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5104 on: April 17, 2014, 07:06:16 PM »

so i loaded id 64 slot but selecting it freezes.

KingImpris
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5105 on: April 17, 2014, 07:19:26 PM »

The slots only go up to 63. Nebulon is working on getting boss slots useable.
    Yeah but im trying to test other ids if they might work like id 3E which is a free blank slot.

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5106 on: April 17, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »

Yes and No.

Project M doesn't have that capability, all they did was change a hitbox depending on the costume.

THe difficulty of making a moveset for a costume depends on how much you want to change. The amount of changes you want to make are limited by file size limitations.

You can have a clone have a different moveset, if you want.

you are wrong, they can also change animations, and you are right, the filesize is indeed a problem

chaos447
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5107 on: April 17, 2014, 08:10:56 PM »

Does anyone have a sc_selcharacter pac with all the spaces available? Like for the char_bust_tex and stuff. It's a bit confusing trying to make everything work correctly when you add extra slots to it. I just want to be able to paste my own textures into the files without worrying about messing with the other data. Basically what I'm asking for is a "template" of the maximum amount of possible slots in sc_selcharacter (and anything else that matters) so I can edit them without going through the whole process.

Thanks.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5108 on: April 17, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »

So I replaced Petey Piranha with a clone then went ahead to Subspace to see if the game crashed or something when I go against him... And... It still worked like it should, don't know about the Boss Battles version though, my save doesn't have that unlocked. >.>

Still, subspace bosses that you replace should all still work as they should, and possibly even Boss Battle bosses.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5109 on: April 17, 2014, 08:54:32 PM »

So I replaced Petey Piranha with a clone then went ahead to Subspace to see if the game crashed or something when I go against him... And... It still worked like it should, don't know about the Boss Battles version though, my save doesn't have that unlocked. >.>

Still, subspace bosses that you replace should all still work as they should, and possibly even Boss Battle bosses.
    well
    that makes sense
    since ur only really borrowing the css slot, and not replacing petey piraha

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5110 on: April 17, 2014, 09:40:31 PM »

Does anyone have a sc_selcharacter pac with all the spaces available? Like for the char_bust_tex and stuff. It's a bit confusing trying to make everything work correctly when you add extra slots to it. I just want to be able to paste my own textures into the files without worrying about messing with the other data. Basically what I'm asking for is a "template" of the maximum amount of possible slots in sc_selcharacter (and anything else that matters) so I can edit them without going through the whole process.

Thanks.

There's a lot of folks with packs posted, though none are really maxed out for cosmetics, I'd say Nebulon's will be your best bet. His is in his signature, I think it's a drop box with all the files in it. It's how I got my cosmetics built up.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

chaos447
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5111 on: April 17, 2014, 10:11:34 PM »

I tried his pack, along with others. The bad thing about those packs is that they overwrite the original CSPs for the regular characters. For some reason, when I try to replace them with the default CSPs...Brawl crashes. It's annoying.

I just want one with the default settings, plus extra slots for characters. I found one that did this, but it had only 7 extra slots. Needless to say, it got filled pretty quick.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5112 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »

you are wrong, they can also change animations, and you are right, the filesize is indeed a problem

That was included with the "filesize limitations"

If you make a moveset of (for example) Black Knight and Ike over an Ike, not only will you have to change the Wait animation and then every other animation that uses the wait in any way.

If it's just Dr. Mario, then it shouldn't be too much imo. But if he wants to do something ridiculous like a full PSA, then he's better off making a Mario clone which imo would be the better idea.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5113 on: April 17, 2014, 10:30:02 PM »

Depending on how much work was done on the Dr. Mario PSA, it might not be possible to make it a costume specific moveset.

In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5114 on: April 17, 2014, 10:39:48 PM »

Y'okay, so I tried putting a clone over the Porky Statue slot and it crashed. Seems that's one down.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Pages:  1 ... 338 339 340 [341] 342 343 344 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: