The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nebulon on May 17, 2014, 09:13:13 PM
Yes, when you enter a match and activate a CPU it will show as level o. This equates to 16... somehow. It's just a visual indicator really. But navigating away from the o, by attempting to change the level will remove the o as an option and give you the standard 1-9 option. To get it to come back I believe you have to leave the CSS.

The difference is definitely there... but I went through the entire roster and beat them with my main without losing once and I wouldn't consider myself a master Brawl player, so I don't know how much more tough they ACTUALLY are...

It's actually half an infinity symbol, from the infinite time image in rules. Dunno why brawl chooses to use that but it does.

ANYWHO, im thinkin about uploading a video tutorial today..anybody wanna tell me what the most useful one would be? I got some free time today

Quote from: Sammi Husky on May 17, 2014, 09:35:08 PM
It's actually half an infinity symbol, from the infinite time image in rules. Dunno why brawl chooses to use that but it does.

ANYWHO, im thinkin about uploading a video tutorial today..anybody wanna tell me what the most useful one would be? I got some free time today

I think you should do a video tutorial of fixing GFX errors with the ef files.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on May 17, 2014, 09:35:08 PM
It's actually half an infinity symbol, from the infinite time image in rules. Dunno why brawl chooses to use that but it does.

ANYWHO, im thinkin about uploading a video tutorial today..anybody wanna tell me what the most useful one would be? I got some free time today

Do the little things that people keep asking about into one:

Victory themes, additional costume slots, SFX IDs, etc. Just little things in the config files that people can manipulate.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Makarew on May 17, 2014, 02:32:47 AM
It's probably all messed up because it's not made for clones. Use the fighter chart and make the clones use the ID's of normal characters.
Would I just do this with a hex editor, and what would I be changing?

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on May 17, 2014, 10:07:45 PM
Would I just do this with a hex editor, and what would I be changing?

Let's say you don't have Captain Falcon, and a Lucario clone. Using the fighter data chart, we know that Falcon has Fighter 09, Slot 0A, CSSSlot 0A, and Cosmetic 09. We would take the Lucario clones files and put them over Falcon. Use the config utility and name the files whatever. In Section[8] of the Memory viewer, use the CSSSlot ID, 0A. Remember to use Falcon's module ID. Put in all of the properly named character files. On the CSSRoster.dat, use Falcon's CSSSlot ID.

Quote from: Makarew on May 18, 2014, 12:02:24 AM
Let's say you don't have Captain Falcon, and a Lucario clone. Using the fighter data chart, we know that Falcon has Fighter 09, Slot 0A, CSSSlot 0A, and Cosmetic 09. We would take the Lucario clones files and put them over Falcon. Use the config utility and name the files whatever. In Section[8] of the Memory viewer, use the CSSSlot ID, 0A. Remember to use Falcon's module ID. Put in all of the properly named character files. On the CSSRoster.dat, use Falcon's CSSSlot ID.
Isn't the point of the clone engine to add characters w/o replacing any?

So I made a custom rig and I finally got it to work in game.

The only problem is, is that when I choose VBrawl Link, it shows up as the new clone.

This problem doesn't occur for any of the other Link clones, only for VBrawl Link.

Anyone know why?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on May 18, 2014, 12:06:10 AM
So I made a custom rig and I finally got it to work in game.

The only problem is, is that when I choose VBrawl Link, it shows up as the new clone.

This problem doesn't occur for any of the other Link clones, only for VBrawl Link.

Anyone know why?


Did you change the IDs in the module?

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on May 18, 2014, 12:04:17 AM
Isn't the point of the clone engine to add characters w/o replacing any?
Well I'm making a build that only has select PSAs, so for instance I have like 4 ganons so I need 3 clones of him, but I don't have PSAs or a need for Kirby, Dedede, and Rob in my pack, so I leave those out and replace them with the clones.  :P

Quote from: Makarew on May 18, 2014, 12:55:08 AM
Did you change the IDs in the module?

Not for Link, only for the new clone.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Makarew on May 18, 2014, 12:02:24 AM
Let's say you don't have Captain Falcon, and a Lucario clone. Using the fighter data chart, we know that Falcon has Fighter 09, Slot 0A, CSSSlot 0A, and Cosmetic 09. We would take the Lucario clones files and put them over Falcon. Use the config utility and name the files whatever. In Section[8] of the Memory viewer, use the CSSSlot ID, 0A. Remember to use Falcon's module ID. Put in all of the properly named character files. On the CSSRoster.dat, use Falcon's CSSSlot ID.
I just tried doing that with Peach and a Ganon clone. On the CSS the clone still looked like Ganon, but then the game froze when I went to enter a match.

hopefully we get a wario EX module as i wanted to try separating wario. the classic wario using his PM moveset and the warioware utfit containing his vbrawl moveset.



Click The Logo To Find Out More
Click the Link To Download Now
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on May 18, 2014, 03:07:54 AM
I just tried doing that with Peach and a Ganon clone. On the CSS the clone still looked like Ganon, but then the game froze when I went to enter a match.

Oops, when Section[8] is open in Module Viewer, use the Fighter ID, not the CSSSlot ID.

Quote from: Makarew on May 18, 2014, 04:11:36 AM
Oops, when Section[8] is open in Module Viewer, use the Fighter ID, not the CSSSlot ID.
I did that and now it doesn't crash, but now I have more problems... It was working, but then when I went and changed peaches CSS icon in my sc_selcharacter all my other clone images turned to random and caused a crash every time you highlight them.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
But then every time you select the piccolo/peach icon it doesn't give me piccolo, instead it loads up peach as the character to play as.
I'm thinking that I am just gonna go back and not try to replace characters, and give up on the CSS screen that I was wanting to use. I'm just gonna attempt to give the clones their own cosmetics (which I have never been successful with even when I follow Sammi's tutorial exactly... :().

Oh, and on another note. Has anyone had an issue where every other time you select Brawl it freezes? The first time I select it it freezes, but then I restart and try again. That second time I go in I am able to get to the CSS without it freezing. Then after I restart that and try to get in it freezes in the same way as the first time. This happens without me changing anything on the sd card. Why?

OK. I heard that you can use the boss slots and alloy slots in the Brawl ex clone engine, but I don't want the boss characters nor the alloys. How do I make those slots into other characters like nebulon did in his pack?