The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.


Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on July 17, 2014, 01:00:46 AM
I just have one thing to say... use the spoiler tag. [spoiler]

Haha how do I do that?

Quote from: ajthag on July 17, 2014, 01:06:56 AM
Haha how do I do that?
[spoiler]Yourstuffgoeshere
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: ajthag on July 17, 2014, 01:06:56 AM
Haha how do I do that?
type {spoiler}{/spoiler} but instead of {} use [].

or there is a thing when you are writing a post that you can select. The Sp next to the change font size.  :P

Thank you Ajthag for the SFX rundown it could help me a lot. More or less I was referring to the expanding costumes of vbrawl characters with that one. Oh and what is a .bak file? I've seen them in Nebulans pack and they confuse me

Quote from: BlazeBlue on July 17, 2014, 03:04:07 AM
Thank you Ajthag for the SFX rundown it could help me a lot. More or less I was referring to the expanding costumes of vbrawl characters with that one. Oh and what is a .bak file? I've seen them in Nebulans pack and they confuse me
A .bak file is created after you edit one of the .dat files in a hex editor.

.bak files are just backup things.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

From my experience leaving .bak files in the fighter config will cause it to freeze at the strap loader screen. I usually delete them.

Quote from: ajthag on July 17, 2014, 03:36:22 AM
From my experience leaving .bak files in the fighter config will cause it to freeze at the strap loader screen. I usually delete them.

That's why it happened with less frequence.

I deleted them too and suddenly noticed the game stopped freezing at the strap loaler.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I don't know if anyone else has came across this in any case, but has anyone ever tried going into boss battles (or anything in stadium for that matter) turning on a second controller and having the game freeze?

Quote from: ThatCoolGuy on July 17, 2014, 05:58:38 AM
I don't know if anyone else has came across this in any case, but has anyone ever tried going into boss battles (or anything in stadium for that matter) turning on a second controller and having the game freeze?
I have-- Also happens for All Star, and maybe events.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

well looks like brawl ex isn't compatible with my wii, i can't get it to load past the strap menu. i may just have to stick to the old fashioned rel ports.

Quote from: Sirkura on July 17, 2014, 10:07:14 AM
well looks like brawl ex isn't compatible with my wii, i can't get it to load past the strap menu. i may just have to stick to the old fashioned rel ports.
Did you see if there was .bak files as mentionned above? I never encountered that problem with the 2 packs I use though...
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on July 17, 2014, 08:50:04 AM
I have-- Also happens for All Star, and maybe events.
Essentially any single player co-op mode. Glad to get confirmation that this is an Ex issue and not something I caused with customizing my menu.

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on July 17, 2014, 08:50:04 AM
I have-- Also happens for All Star, and maybe events.
Quote from: secretchaos1 on July 17, 2014, 02:42:34 PM
Essentially any single player co-op mode. Glad to get confirmation that this is an Ex issue and not something I caused with customizing my menu.
From what I know and tried, Co-Op events worked, but everything Solo Co-Op (All-Star, Homerun Contest, Multi-man Melee, and Boss Battles) freezes as soon as you press entry on the second controller. :(