The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 01, 2015, 09:24:23 PM #7695 Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:29:20 PM by PhantomWings
Quote from: TheRealDylanator on January 01, 2015, 12:15:24 PM
PW, what do you mean no big updates, YOU CAN CLONE BOWSER NOW! AND SAMUS, ZSS AND GIGA BOWSER!

But now we need someone to make a balanced Giga Bowser PSA...

Did that already happen? Cant remember.

I believe there's a balanced Giga Bowser PSA by Eldiran. There's also an expanded pack for him in Don John BravoEx's signature.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 01, 2015, 08:24:50 PM
An update to ver. 2.0.0? Sweet stuff. New EXModules? Yes! :D

Question: has the Zelda Up B glitch been fixed?

Yeah, you can now use Zelda's Up B without it crashing. Note that Zelda's down B will still make her unable to move if you are using Zelda Alone or if Sheik hasn't been added as her second character. Interestingly enough, both the alone variants of Bowser and Samus work just fine after using their final smash as they just won't transform at all. Zerosuit Samus will freeze similar to Zelda after using her Final Smash and Giga Bowser doesn't have a Final Smash, so he just freezes like Zelda or Zerosuit Samus when you try to use it.

Quote from: Power Marshall on January 01, 2015, 02:47:07 PM
Happy new year to you too, Phantom. Hope you're enjoying the new year. Glad to see you once again, hard at work as always!

I have a question, and I hope you can be here to answer it lol. Two actually.

One, can a character be given two (or more) team color sets? What I mean is, for example, Wario has two color sets: Red, blue, green for overalls, and red blue green for biker. Can I give Mario two color sets, for like, Mario and Dr. Mario?

And my other question, probably not do-able... I've been trying to see if I can replace Squirtle with pikachu for some time, and without using rels, I've been able to make him as stable as I can (no crashing) but it's tough to change a character with PSA alone. Can I do something with BrawlEx? Now I know Squirtle shares ft_poke.rel with his brethren, but I was wondering if it will ever be possible to replace him as easily is... oh, I don't know, replacing mario with another marth or something? I await your answer. I want to get this off the shelf of "Maybe a possibility" asap. :) Thanks for reading!

Concerning the team colors, I think you'll get what you're looking for if you map 2 or more resource files to the same Team Color. If you look in Wario's CSSSlot Config file, you'll see that he has FitWario01.pac and FitWario07.pac mapped to his TeamRed color. Likewise, FitWario03.pac and FitWario09.pac have been mapped to his TeamBlue color, and FitWario02.pac and FitWario08.pac have been mapped to his TeamGreen color.

As for replacing Squirtle with Pikachu, that might be a bit difficult. The big issue is that transforming characters require the module files for both characters to be loaded in the same memory heap at the same time. This is usually done by having the modules for the two characters merged together, but if the modules are small enough, it can be done separately (e.g Jigglypuff and Marth can have both their modules loaded at the same time). I imagine ft_poke.rel is pretty large already due to containing the logic for 4 characters, so I think the only way to accomplish what you're looking for is to remove parts of the module relevant to Squirtle and replace them with Pikachu. Module data is fairly independent as I discovered when I made the Alone variants for the transforming character modules. However, in those cases, I merely disabled the associated code as opposed to removing it altogether. The hardest part would be figuring out which parts can be removed without damaging the parts that you need to keep. So to answer your question, the only way you could accomplish this would be by editing the Pokemon Trainer module.




It's a shame there's no big update, but at least we have a stable 2.0. Keep up the amazing work, you wizard.

Though how likely do you think custom soundbanks and/or ef_char entries would be for a future update?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]



Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 01, 2015, 09:30:43 PM
It's a shame there's no big update, but at least we have a stable 2.0. Keep up the amazing work, you wizard.

Though how likely do you think custom soundbanks and/or ef_char entries would be for a future update?

While I'm holding out for levels, extra sound banks could be good, but a good alternate are enemy sfx files. A few of them have quite a few spots, at least to use something in the mean time.


Almost all of my characters are using them now.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Neat.
2.0 officially stable.
When will someone get to creating cBliss to BrawlEx files? :P
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Extra soundbanks are the most waited feature now.

That, and the ability to clone the Pokemon (Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle).
I was going to say transformables, but that is possible now for most of them.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Transformation is possible for just two in one characters at the moment. What I would love is to be able to get a 4 in one character working.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Segtendo on January 01, 2015, 09:53:18 PM
When will someone get to creating cBliss to BrawlEx files? :P
You can already get the cBliss effect but not cBliss directly.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hey PhantomWings, how would I go about cloning ZSS, Samus, Sheik, and Zelda? I haven't been in this threa for a while, so if it's been explained, just point me in the direction of it. Thank you!

January 02, 2015, 01:44:28 AM #7703 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:47:32 AM by PhantomWings
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 01, 2015, 09:30:43 PM
It's a shame there's no big update, but at least we have a stable 2.0. Keep up the amazing work, you wizard.

Though how likely do you think custom soundbanks and/or ef_char entries would be for a future update?

It's a toss up between this, the fixes to the BX CSS Expansion, and the development of the new BX Stage Roster Expansion. So around 33%?

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 02, 2015, 12:31:27 AM
Hey PhantomWings, how would I go about cloning ZSS, Samus, Sheik, and Zelda? I haven't been in this threa for a while, so if it's been explained, just point me in the direction of it. Thank you!

I'm glad you asked as I've been meaning to explain a bit more on this.

If you just want the alone variant of the character, then you can clone them exactly the same way you'd clone any other character. For cloning both characters, you'll need to do a little bit more with the config files.

Start by cloning both of the characters as you would normally. For this example, I'll say I'm going to clone Zelda and Sheik as ZeldaEx and SheikEx into slots 3F and 40. The one main thing that's different is that there's only 1 ExModule to work with: ft_zelda-sheik.rel. This module can be configured similarly to the regular ExModules, except that there are two spaces in section[8] for both Zelda and Sheik's ids. In this case, I'm going to be changing those ids to 3F and 40. After configuring the ExModule, you can name it to something like ft_zeldaex-sheikex.rel and place it in your modules folder. From here, you can configure your Fighter Config files to point to the FitZeldaEx and FitSheikEx resources. After configuring the Fighter Config files, open them back up with a hex editor and change the both of the module reference strings to "ft_zeldaex-sheikex.rel". Finally, open up the Slot Config files for both characters and change the Edit Flags (@0x0C) to 0x00000001, and change the Slot Characters (@0x10) to 0x0000003F and 0x00000040 for Zelda's Slot Config and 0x00000040 and 0x0000003F for Sheik's Slot Config. After that, you should be ready to go.

To Summarize:
- Acquire fighter resources, config files, and the 1 ExModule file.
- Configure both character ids and the module id of the ExModule.
- Configure the Fighter Config files to point to the fighter resources.
- Manually change the 2 Fighter Config files to reference the 1 ExModule file.
- Manually change the Slot Config files to point to both of the new fighters in either order of your choice.

One final thing to note: If you're going to clone Bowser and GigaBowser together, you'll need to make one additional change: When you're configuring the fighter config files, be sure to check the "Merge Motion/Etc" check box. Additionally, you'll need to use the merged Bowser and GigaBowser MotionEtc.pac files from the downloads section on the main page.

Also, if you want to use Giga Bowser alone, he will work with his normal files, but he won't have his attack effects as they are loaded from Bowser's moveset file. The same download link I just mentioned also has a modified GigaBowser moveset file that has Bowser's effect file added into it. Use this moveset file instead if you want the attack effects to show up.

Maybe you could make a poll for people to vote on which features they'd like to see?

As I bet it would help with all the various questions about possible features. (Not to mention, I don't like pestering or being a bother about stuff. :x )
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

how would you do it for the alone characters like zelda alone for example

Awe man, I was just about to take a break from doing my pack for awhile since I'm heading back to college.
But still, it's awesome that we're finally getting an update, and more modules always opens more possibilities. Messing around with per colour final smashes has had me interested since that was first announced too, I'll have to get around to messing with that later.
Looks awesome, can't wait to mess around with it in the future!

Quote from: secretchaos1 on January 02, 2015, 02:18:42 AM
Awe man, I was just about to take a break from doing my pack for awhile since I'm heading back to college.
But still, it's awesome that we're finally getting an update, and more modules always opens more possibilities. Messing around with per colour final smashes has had me interested since that was first announced too, I'll have to get around to messing with that later.
Looks awesome, can't wait to mess around with it in the future!
looking forward for ur update

January 02, 2015, 02:49:31 AM #7708 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:50:37 AM by brawlboy22
Wait this update is sorda huge cause now the roster can hold up to 128 characters. Which means more. && with the new modules lots of characters can stay original without having to use Marth/ike ports

January 02, 2015, 03:45:47 AM #7709 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:57:06 AM by Prevention
Quote from: PhantomWings on January 02, 2015, 01:44:28 AM
Finally, open up the Slot Config files for both characters and change the Edit Flags (@0x0C) to 0x00000001, and change the Slot Characters (@0x10) to 0x0000003F and 0x00000040 for Zelda's Slot Config and 0x00000040 and 0x0000003F for Sheik's Slot Config. After that, you should be ready to go.

Ok, this is where I got stuck Where/How do I open the SlotConfig Files? And for the resources in "Fighter" Folder Do I put pac, pcs for Sheik and Zelda together in one folder or in separate folders? just wan't to make sure I'm doing this correctly (I have them separated). Lastly is it fine if I place Sheik as 3F first and Zelda 40 and in the CSS code 26,3F,40,29? Thanks to anyone answering, Been trying to figure out how to make Sheik First n Zelda Second For 2 Straight Days now Hoping that this is the solution.