Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827100 times)
HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7950 on: March 22, 2015, 01:55:22 PM »

I already asked this before, but has someone made a succesful Bowser clone?

And is there a way to change his Final Smash so he doesn't transform/load Giga Bowser?

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Ssisk
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7951 on: March 22, 2015, 05:57:53 PM »

is it possible at the moment to make a sheik solo hack?

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7952 on: March 22, 2015, 06:20:27 PM »

is it possible at the moment to make a sheik solo hack?

You can make a Sheik clone using the Zelda/Sheik module and make said Sheik clone to not transform in Zelda.

There's no Solo Sheik module because some of his stuff depend on Zelda.

I haven't done this yet, but many people had said that it can be done.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7953 on: March 24, 2015, 02:14:24 AM »

Hm, i used the search function for this question.
    how does one put multiple character PSA's onto one CSS slot?
    I had an idea for Zelda (and other characters) that they would have variant PSA's based on Costume. I'm not sure how to do this with BrawlEX. Like the first costume is Vanilla, but after the red/green/blue costumes, you have an extra costume that has a small variant PSA that the chracter could have. I read that it was possible a while ago, but i never bothered trying it.

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7954 on: March 24, 2015, 04:47:18 AM »

I had an idea for Zelda (and other characters) that they would have variant PSA's based on Costume. I'm not sure how to do this with BrawlEX. Like the first costume is Vanilla, but after the red/green/blue costumes, you have an extra costume that has a small variant PSA that the chracter could have. I read that it was possible a while ago, but i never bothered trying it.
    It's very easy! You just use Basic Variable LA-[54] to compare costume numbers.
    So if you wanted, say, costume 5 to be the Zelda with differences, you would split the code up using that variable (If LA-[54] = < 5, do something, else do something else).

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7955 on: March 24, 2015, 05:31:41 AM »

It's very easy! You just use Basic Variable LA-[54] to compare costume numbers.
    So if you wanted, say, costume 5 to be the Zelda with differences, you would split the code up using that variable (If LA-[54] = < 5, do something, else do something else).
    Well, this makes some sense. but i'm not exactly sure what this means. (me is confuse.)

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7956 on: March 24, 2015, 09:37:10 AM »

Currently there isn't any characters that normally support this kind of feature. The closest to it is Wario, but that's just a costume swap. There are ways you can go about doing it using codes I believe, but that's not actually changing the roster. Otherwise, as Itman said, you can create a custom moveset that will change which moves are used depending on the current costume. This is what Nebulon's Brawl4All already pack uses for certain characters.

Yet another thing I would like to get done someday is to add the ability to make any CSS icon have multiple characters like Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon Trainer. In this way, you could use a single CSS icon for 2 or 4 different variants of a character that you could choose by clicking on the corners of the character's portrait. Again, this is another thing that will have to wait until I have time to do though...

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7957 on: March 24, 2015, 06:52:02 PM »

*SNIP*

Ah, Cause i had an idea for marth. Where his normal costume was Vanilla, his Red costume used a fire based moveset, Blue was water. etc etc. Because PM did this, but i was hoping that one could further expand upon this. Like what would normally be Fitmarth05, would be a backward's bladed marth that had a totally different moveset.

But having a feature work like Zelda/Shiek would be pretty cool. I don't like having 3 or 4 mario variants that take up 3 more slots than normal.

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7958 on: March 25, 2015, 08:28:13 AM »

i have just run into a glitch with brawlex version 2 when ever i try to do a 4 player match with me as kirby and the computers as captain falcon, olimar, and jiggly puff as soon as i choose any stage at all the game freezes even though all of those characters work in one on one matches.

also none of those characters are clone characters, there all normal characters they also have no movesets on them.
    so phantom wings do you know why they might be freezing?

like i said they're not clone characters they're normal characters so why do they freeze when i choose any stage at all?

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7959 on: March 25, 2015, 09:52:01 AM »

Ah, Cause i had an idea for marth. Where his normal costume was Vanilla, his Red costume used a fire based moveset, Blue was water. etc etc. Because PM did this, but i was hoping that one could further expand upon this. Like what would normally be Fitmarth05, would be a backward's bladed marth that had a totally different moveset.

But having a feature work like Zelda/Shiek would be pretty cool. I don't like having 3 or 4 mario variants that take up 3 more slots than normal.
    The Marth thing is possible using the variable I mentioned earlier.
    PM me if you need help with the formatting of it in PSA.

Kenji23Z
    Advanced Kitten

Just idling around, don't mind me....

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7960 on: March 25, 2015, 05:28:37 PM »

So like...
    Mine freezes on the strap menu when I have the Common3 file on my SD
    Then it stalls on the loading screen when I do have it, either way my game won't load....

SUPAHSAWNIK99
    Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7961 on: March 25, 2015, 06:18:40 PM »

Hey, does Phantom Wings have a tutorial on how to put in new announcer calls for BrawlEx characters?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    NNID: Supersawnik99

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7962 on: March 25, 2015, 06:49:09 PM »

i have just run into a glitch with brawlex version 2 when ever i try to do a 4 player match with me as kirby and the computers as captain falcon, olimar, and jiggly puff as soon as i choose any stage at all the game freezes even though all of those characters work in one on one matches.

also none of those characters are clone characters, there all normal characters they also have no movesets on them.
    so phantom wings do you know why they might be freezing?

like i said they're not clone characters they're normal characters so why do they freeze when i choose any stage at all?

I know Olimar has costume specific Kirby hats. If you selected a Kirby that was a higher costume value then the standard 00-05, then it will freeze with Olimar unless you put an Olimar hat in for Kirby. So if you have Kirby06 you need Kirbypikmin06 (I don't remember the exact name) The same goes for Jigglypuff I believe. If the freeze occurs by selecting default Kirby with these characters, then you may be lacking the Kirby module needed for Brawl EX... but I don't think that was for normal character compatibility, just EX... but it could be.

Did you select Kirby06? Did you put in the proper Kirby module from the BrawlEX download?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

leondanny56
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7963 on: March 25, 2015, 07:00:36 PM »

thanks so much nebulon i didn't know that about kirby, also i do have the kirby module in my module folder.
    i know you mentioned also that If you selected a Kirby that was a higher costume value then the standard 00-05,
    then it will freeze with Olimar
    dose that include freezing when you choose a stage? because that's where my game is freezing.

Post Merge: March 25, 2015, 07:32:07 PM
    thanks nebulon i just tried doing what you mentioned for each character and that seems to have fixed my problem.  Cheesy
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:32:07 PM by leondanny56 » Logged

quote from Nepgear: i can do many things, just nothing particularly well.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7964 on: March 25, 2015, 07:43:20 PM »

Yet another thing I would like to get done someday is to add the ability to make any CSS icon have multiple characters like Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon Trainer. In this way, you could use a single CSS icon for 2 or 4 different variants of a character that you could choose by clicking on the corners of the character's portrait. Again, this is another thing that will have to wait until I have time to do though...

I'm rooting for you PW Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Pages:  1 ... 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: