Hack Downloader: Databases!

Started by Kabutomaru, February 01, 2014, 06:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 01, 2014, 06:09:28 PM Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:58:16 PM by Kabutomaru
You can find screenshots below.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This is a database based program, where you can view various hacks, and download them at will.
You can switch between Custom Stages, Music Hacks, Texture Hacks and Sound Hacks.

I like to keep people updated on the progress of things, so check back for any new information and screenshots.
You can sort them by alphabetical order, modify the SDF files (Databases), or use the preset order.
Remember, THE DATA TABLES ARE NOT FINISHED.

Download
Find the source code.

If you plan to edit the databases, please add the creator, hack name, and the DIRECT download link.
Database Downloads
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



This looks nice :P would you be able to make the tables searchable by back name? Also, maybe checkboxes that show only a certain characters hacks.

Just a few suggestions. Can't wait to see this. Good luck :P

February 01, 2014, 08:00:55 PM #2 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 08:32:53 PM by Kabutomaru
I'm just starting off small, and probably, you'll be able to search

EDIT: New Screenshot!




Nice :P this will save a lot of time. Great project

February 01, 2014, 08:56:48 PM #4 Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:14:42 PM by Kabutomaru
Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 01, 2014, 08:54:25 PM
Nice :P this will save a lot of time. Great project

Thanks, I've been wanting to create this for a while, but I didn't know how to... Now I do. Being coded in C#.

New screenshots



EDIT: You can sort them by alphabetical order, or the preset order.
Here's a screenshot of this.


EDIT 2:

The tables automatically fill themselves.
I've removed the button for Table update.
And the controls are bigger.




Does the program save the files to the location where they should be? Let's say you donwload a mario hack, and want it over red mario, would it save it as FitMario01.pcs on the mario folder?
That would be nice, but I guess the amount of zipfiles on the vault would make this dificult. If they were all pcs you could implement that rather easily.

Quote from: Iwvi on February 01, 2014, 09:27:21 PM
Does the program save the files to the location where they should be? Let's say you donwload a mario hack, and want it over red mario, would it save it as FitMario01.pcs on the mario folder?
That would be nice, but I guess the amount of zipfiles on the vault would make this dificult. If they were all pcs you could implement that rather easily.

This would actually be a bit more complicated then it seems, though it can be done. i'm sure if he can, he will add it in a future update. :P

I know how complicated it'd be, I am a programmer as well :P That's why I know the different way people upload stuff would complicate stuff more than needed. If everyone uploaded in an standard form, it'd be easy to implement this. But since that's not the case, it becomes more difficult.

February 02, 2014, 01:16:18 AM #8 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:14:24 AM by Kabutomaru
The databases are stored as .sdf files. All you need is a copy of Visual C# to edit them. People will be able to make their own ordering, and help out to add all the hacks.

EDIT2: All I need to do is add support for parsing all the other SDF Databases.

New screenshot



EDIT3:

Have a download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr0gh80g63jhoz9/Hack-Downloader%20%28Beta%29.zip

Don't delete the .sdf files.
those contain the databases.



Doesn't start on my comp, no idea why. it instantly crashes. just thought you should know :P


Looks like a nice idea. Maybe you could add a column for wifi-safety in stages and texture hacks, in case people want hacks that don't change the gameplay at all. And maybe another column for preview links? Like another url that takes to a video or picture instead of the download itself or something.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 02, 2014, 11:10:09 AM
Looks like a nice idea. Maybe you could add a column for wifi-safety in stages and texture hacks, in case people want hacks that don't change the gameplay at all. And maybe another column for preview links? Like another url that takes to a video or picture instead of the download itself or something.

Yeah, I'll code that in real quick and release a new version



It still wont work on my comp :/ same problem as before..

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on February 02, 2014, 07:50:31 PM
It still wont work on my comp :/ same problem as before..

What error do you get?
Or what type of comp do you have?