Give BrawlEx Characters SFX Tutorial

Started by shock44, February 22, 2014, 11:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 22, 2014, 11:58:01 PM Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:44:40 PM by shock44
Okay since people keep asking how to do this and it is hard to find my old post to this from the BrawlEx thread I'm posting it here as a complete tutorial.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'd like to thank DSX8 for telling me where to find the info for the SFX PSA ids and soundbank ids. And Leon Exodio for the PSA SFX ids to Wave ids TXT lists.

The crowd cheer could be a separate code, doesn't it usually occur when the player gets 2 or 3 ko's in quick succession? But anyway, it's good to have a simple sfx tutorial. At some point I'm probably going to use it to just incorporate a few voice clips for some clones characters cause I think I'd be too lazy to go through the psa and modify all of the sfx instances.

The crowd cheer is part of the PSA file itself, not a separate code..
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on February 23, 2014, 01:01:39 AM
The crowd cheer is part of the PSA file itself, not a separate code..
What I meant was where is it called in the PSA so that I can change what sound is called.

I was referring that to secretchaos1.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

My bad, was just a thought. Shutting up now.

Not a worry, good thing to think out of the box~
It could probably be found with a bit of experimenting in a hex editor, but I won't be able to do that 'till my PC gets fixed up...
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!


Why SmashBox?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

February 23, 2014, 05:16:30 PM #9 Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:21:12 PM by Don Jon BravoEX
has anyone experimented with the sfx swap method i posted on my sig...
reason why i ask is because i only tried it on dolphin


i posted instructions on how to play with one sfx vs clone sfx, but never mind those
i just want to see if it works

basically when u press the button combinations in the CSS, you change the name of the sfx folder
so sfx will load from the sf2 folder

when u press it again, the name is changed back to sfx, so you would load sfx from the sfx folder

pretty simple.


Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 23, 2014, 05:16:30 PM
has anyone experimented with the sfx swap method i posted on my sig...
reason why i ask is because i only tried it on dolphin
I had various issues with it, mostly it not loading alt SFX.

February 23, 2014, 05:22:19 PM #11 Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:25:01 PM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on February 23, 2014, 05:19:51 PM
I had various issues with it, mostly it not loading alt SFX.
did u try both remotes?

seems to me like the game was not recognizing ur button combinations

forgot to say, it only works using the first controller

I'm using it for my Rosalina clone. It works sometimes. And when I wish to play as Peach without Rosaina, Peach uses Rosalina's.sawnd. Other than those glitches, It works fine.

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on February 23, 2014, 06:09:06 PM
I'm using it for my Rosalina clone. It works sometimes. And when I wish to play as Peach without Rosaina, Peach uses Rosalina's.sawnd. Other than those glitches, It works fine.
hmm
u may need to reset the code by pressing the buttons again to deactivate the code
what controller were u using anyhow?