BrawlVault: Feedback and Updates

Started by Vyse, March 05, 2014, 02:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 25, 2015, 04:50:28 PM
The mod was reported because the download link is through DeviantArt.

I recall Gamidame_K asking about it a few months back, and he was given the okay.

I believe as long as you don't have to log in or be re-directed (i.e. 4shared and ad.fly), you can use whatever website you please.

I thought 4shared was allowed though. I've seen lots that are on 4shared, and it seems to follow the rules, that it doesn't have advertisements(like adfly) and the only downside is a timer, which is fine according to what the rules say. Or am I wrong about 4shared, and the downloads that use it should be reported?

4shared isnt allowed cos you need an account to download from there

No you don't; you can use a temporary account; I know, because I've downloaded a bunch of stuff from there without creating an account, and it only takes like 2-5 minutes max. The only downside(other than waiting) is that they email you afterwards an ad to make an account.

Every download is required ONLY to have to hit download. Accounts or temp accounts, both are unneeded extra actions, which is not what is in the rules.

QuoteAny link that requires a user to do anything other than click "download" is not allowed. Sites with timers (e.g. RapidShare) are fine; sites with ads*6 or passwords are not.

So yes, that site is against the BV rules.

May 25, 2015, 11:23:21 PM #529 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:25:14 PM by Scout
I wish to add a bit more:

QuoteUploading Methods

Any link that requires a user to do anything other than click "download" is not allowed. Sites with timers (e.g. RapidShare) are fine; sites with ads or passwords are not.

It came to my attention that dropbox asks users to sign on dropbox if they don't have an account (received multiple reports about it), however one can say "no" and continue using dropbox normally.

4shared has these fake download buttons that might be a bit deadly for novice users. I believe these are considered as ads.

If you guys spot a odd website you've never seen before when trying to download a mod, tell us about it and we'll check it out.

May 25, 2015, 11:37:45 PM #530 Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:40:21 PM by Gamidame_K
okay now could somebody please get this person off from me?
the first times were funny, but it starts to get annoying
what this person is reporing me for is for using a render image for the entry, as far as I know, renders are valid as long as they link to a imgur/photobucket image folder, and it does, now this person keeps reporting my hack because he seems to be unable to click on the render to see the whole imgur folder


Did you block him? I've got a pretty solid block list myself :L

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 26, 2015, 12:34:20 AM
Did you block him? I've got a pretty solid block list myself :L

How do you block users other than just PMs?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

You don't, it'd just prevent him from messaging again in the future.
The vault reports will have to be handled here or through reports of reports reporting the existence of pms you should report

Quote from: Scout on May 25, 2015, 11:23:21 PM
I wish to add a bit more:

It came to my attention that dropbox asks users to sign on dropbox if they don't have an account (received multiple reports about it), however one can say "no" and continue using dropbox normally.

4shared has these fake download buttons that might be a bit deadly for novice users. I believe these are considered as ads.

If you guys spot a odd website you've never seen before when trying to download a mod, tell us about it and we'll check it out.

One more question:

Is MediaFire against the rules? I would hope not, as most of mine are MediaFire, and like 90% of hacks here are on MediaFire, so I'm hoping that having the ads to the side like that and actually being honest ads doesn't count as "ads" like in the context of what you mean.(e.g. You mentioned that 4shared has a "fake download" or something that counts as an "ad")

May 26, 2015, 01:42:06 AM #535 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:43:46 AM by Nαnobuds
Quote from: Gamidame_K on May 25, 2015, 11:37:45 PM
okay now could somebody please get this person off from me?
the first times were funny, but it starts to get annoying
what this person is reporing me for is for using a render image for the entry, as far as I know, renders are valid as long as they link to a imgur/photobucket image folder, and it does, now this person keeps reporting my hack because he seems to be unable to click on the render to see the whole imgur folder

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

BRAWL_PLAYER is such a little [censored]:



I'm sorry Gamidame_K. You must obey him or else I will be forced to delete your vault.

Also it seems that you are able to change genders. Thats pretty neat.

Quote from: windhunter7 on May 26, 2015, 01:25:31 AM
One more question:

Is MediaFire against the rules? I would hope not, as most of mine are MediaFire, and like 90% of hacks here are on MediaFire, so I'm hoping that having the ads to the side like that and actually being honest ads doesn't count as "ads" like in the context of what you mean.(e.g. You mentioned that 4shared has a "fake download" or something that counts as an "ad")

Mediafire isn't against the rules because you just need to click "Download" and that's it. Sometimes you need to solve a captcha, but that's because the file is a little big or maybe the Internet is low.

4shared should be against the rules as you require an account to download.

Others are ad.fly, link.bunks and other similar sites, which are practically ads and normally bring viruses and other stuff.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on May 26, 2015, 01:42:06 AM
BRAWL_PLAYER is such a little [censored]:



I'm sorry Gamidame_K. You must obey him or else I will be forced to delete your vault.

Also it seems that you are able to change genders. Thats pretty neat.

I hope this is not serious.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

May 26, 2015, 02:02:42 AM #537 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:04:15 AM by Bad Box Art Mega Man
Quote from: Nαnobuds on May 26, 2015, 01:42:06 AM
BRAWL_PLAYER is such a little [censored]:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm sorry Gamidame_K. You must obey him or else I will be forced to delete your vault.

Also it seems that you are able to change genders. Thats pretty neat.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i can't tell if this little twit is trolling or just that ignorant/moronic.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

I know Gamidame_K a little bit; enough to know that I've seen every single one of his hacks(To be honest, I've seen every single character hack as of less than a month ago, though there are probably new ones and I don't remember all of them). And he has images on all of them!!! Not to mention that this noob reports for "not having in-game images", but only model imports actually need in-game images.(I saw a bunch on the vault that said "no in-game previews", and most of them had no previews, so they at least were legit[more or less], but there were a few that were just textures and had previews in BrawlBox or a renderer. I only didn't report these reporters because I was zooming through all of the mods quickly, so I didn't have time to write down their names or anything.)

welp, we are not perfect and we all have bad things we've done in the past and im not safe from that
I recall I used to refuse to improve in my hacks quality and really had a bad attitude taking critizicism as destructive comments and refusing to change my submisions presentations when I used to put cover images on them; I guess its all about getting in the flow without making a big deal about things
this BRAWL PLAYER guy will realize this in the future, meanwhile I guess he'll just be this cringe-worthy problematic guy