Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Project M Codes  (Read 53086 times)
♤♡◇♧
The Corrupted
Holy Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 05:08:58 AM »

Because we have better things to do than to get riled up by yet another one of your pathetic attempts to get our attention (like when you applied for the PMBR not once, but twice, with the second time being AFTER the whole CE episode), and so attention to the fact you 'decoded' the PM GCT (which I for a second don't buy you did yourself, nor had any part in) and are posting our codes.

This also shows, yet again, how much of a parody KC-MM has become, with (an) admin(s) obviously biased towards certain members and groups, as well as members openly disrespecting the very people who made the content being published, among other things.
    Of course this is my PERSONAL (read: not the PMBR's as a whole, as Miacis so desperately tries to make out) opinion about the whole matter, so take it as you will.

Reason why I myself am not loosing my [censored] over this is because, as Dantarion tried to explain, the Turbo codes aren't harmful.
    The CE were potentially harmful, and that's why would've appreciated if people, before we even released them in some form or capacity, would've withhold themselves from publishing them, as, without the proper knowledge that Dantarion, Phantom Wings, or even myself possesses, the codes could do harm (save corruption, memory corruption, or even bricking the Wii, the latter being theoretical), and that's why the PMBR only included them after having tested them thoroughly and thoughtfully, as we have to deal with a pretty large and diverse fanbase (which might be why people back here are so lenient on allowing PM codes to be freely published, might).

But that's all I myself am going to say about it, seeing as I like to rather focus my attention on real sites with a staff which is more mature than, let's say a 5 year old, and with a less depressing vibe.
    So in a way you could consider this my last post here, as this site isn't something I want to be associated with, as it isn't the site which I joined and developed myself in all those years ago.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #31 on: April 29, 2014, 05:27:16 AM »

Alright. I can see your point on the CE but yeah. So not only are you calling the people on this site lame, but also the admins? Bravo. It's you who is sounding like a 5 year old going down kicking and screaming.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 05:35:02 AM »

I'll gladly disrespect a person who thinks he's entitled to decide who gets to use his (public) codes in another codeset, and thinks he's in any position to judge this community as a whole. I'm sure people would say the same of me if I whined about people using KC-MM in Safari instead of Firefox because it is my work therefore you disrespect me if you don't use it the way I want.

Instead of jumping to defend Dantarion as you always do ds22, you should be encouraging him to do the constructive thing. Bashing SonicBrawler isn't a constructive thing. Making outraged assertions about leaving, with your cape flapping in the wind, isn't either.
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:42:20 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

shanus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 06:22:27 AM »

your lucario codes won't work, and i know it bc magus and I made them. His whole OHC structure is extremely complex and works entirely different than typical ASM codes do....

this is why if you don't know how the code works, you shouldn't post them Smiley
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:25:36 AM by shanus » Logged

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 06:26:25 AM »

i see. i will keep it up till i get a few people who tell me it wont work.

and i will edit the credit for the Lucario codes to be for u and magnus

Quotes:

shanus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 06:30:39 AM »

and i'm not trying to be annoying on it, just saying flat out those lucario codes won't work

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 06:32:16 AM »

oh i know you arent being annoying. especially compared ot most people. but im going to keep it up for a bit. also so i can look into how it could be workin

Quotes:

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2014, 07:47:08 AM »

My 2 cents here. Though I'm PMBR, I'm not very comfortable with secretism, holding codes and all that. I've always thought that people should have what they want, and if they want turbo out of Project M, they should have it. We all are customizing our games after all.

But if the one making something tells me specifically to not share/release something to the public, no matter his reasons, I'll do as he says cause without his work, what I'm willing to release would not exist at all. For me, the one who makes something has the final word in these matters.

It's as if I was making a stage, I had a WIP version which I think isn't ready for release yet, and somebody gets my WIP from somewhere and releases it. If I don't want it to be released, nobody should release it against my will. That's respect. One can always ask or try to convince for the creator to release it, but never release it by himself 'because he doesn't do it himself'.

The codes are public already, so there's no turnback. But think on all this next time you want to release something made by others. I know of people that have stopped making things because of leaks of his work (not Brawl related though). Don't play with these things as people could stop producing cool codes like this, and that would be a bad thing for us all, both Project M and non-Project M users.
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:48:38 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:27 AM »

Gonna put my two cents into this also, even though I feel I'd probably be better off not saying nothing in the first place.

SonicBrawler, you really should heavily consider other people's opinions and feelings on these kinds of things. To me, it seems like you are only doing this because you just want some free internet "cool" points for being that one person who allegedly "deciphered" Turbo Mode. If I were you, I'd take this topic down, not just because the codes don't work (which I'm not surprised by in the slightest), but because it's just flat-out wrong and disrespectful to do so without asking for their consent or approval. Making a character model or stage is one thing, but changing the mechanics of an entire game play mechanic to this scale and degree of creativity and uniqueness? Adding two completely new characters to an already massive and diverse roster? Think about how much time, work, and trial-and-error effort it took to do all of that. To you, it might not be that big of a deal, it's just a bunch of random letters and numbers, after all. But to them? It's a pretty damn big deal, and you need to respect that.

They will share their individual codes eventually with the public when they feel they are ready to be shared. Clearly they are not, which is why they go to such lengths to hide them away from most people. If it takes them a week, a month, a year, a decade, so be it. Until then, just be patient.

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: April 29, 2014, 09:52:52 AM »

And no, there was no one that asked me about releasing these codes. The last time this happened, SonicBrawler ASKED me, and I said no, and he posted leaked codes anyways.

These are public codes that I made over a year ago that I would have gladly written up a post about on here, with some notes about how they work and what moves DONT work with it, etc.

These were created for April fools day and went through weeks of testing before we even made the first Turbo video, and have been out in public for a while.

And ds22, I actually have bricked a (emulated Dolphin) wii by filling the NAND by accident.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2014, 10:04:42 AM »

Yes. I wan everyone to love me so I post these only for internet points.

I post these so others can use them to use it without pm. If the PMBR posted the codes like these, we wouldn't be going thru this. So what ever. I didn't think you people would take time out to complain about something that should be fun for everyone.

Quotes:

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »

if people had the chance to make their own PM, why would they download the actual PM? I think thats why they doesnt want their stuff to be at anyone's hand
    unless they didnt want to build a brawl hack system by themselves, main reason why people actually uses PM
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:37:32 AM by Kyouma » Logged

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: April 29, 2014, 10:48:20 AM »

Well SonicBrawler, just to give you an example of why we don't like this.

You posted a code in this thread, the Lucario OHC system, with my name attached to it, but it doesn't even work. So my name was attached to something I didn't make, that doesn't actually work.

Earlier you did this with leaked clone engine codes, that weren't even in the main Project M PMBR codeset because of all of the problems they had caused to peoples savefiles while we were working on the clone engine. That too, had my name attached to it.

I want everyone to have fun too. Thats why OpenSA has about 90% of the PMBR's info about how Brawl works. Phantom Wings has even started publishing hardcore technical data to the wiki, and by sharing information, we can all have fun.

I'm not trying to be the bad guy, its just that the last time this happened, I thought we were on the same page as far as things go, but I guess I was mistaken.

@Kyouma, "everyone" has the chance to make their own PM. The point is that everyone CANT make their own PM. The only reason PM is even possible is because of the collaboration between all of us to make compromises, work together on features we personally may not even want, etc. Turbo mode was a april fools day joke in IRC, I made the original code, passed it onto other members, people tested it, made adjustments, people recorded replays, those replays were recorded at 720p and became youtube videos.

Features like that cannot be done alone. I have not gotten a single character change or even a character into Project M in the multiple years I have worked on the project, but I have made a ton of things possible.
    Thats the difference that makes me love Project M Cheesy

I understand everyone doesn't want Project M, but there is a reason that our team is still together producing something, and things like Balanced Brawl, Brawl+, and all the single person/small team Brawl Mods have gone away.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2014, 11:16:22 AM »

Okay, so I guess my earlier posts didn't make the message clear enough. Let us recap:

SonicBrawler isn't leaking anything, and asking for something widely public to be taken down is just nonsense.
    Publishing codes from any source is allowed without need for permission, as long as proper credit is given.

Dantarion, you are free to make your own topic with all that info you promised. If you want someone to ask first, then I hereby ask of you to do it. (With little hope that you'll actually do it.)

You are not free to complain about SB putting these codes up. It was already settled before that you have no claim on this topic or on the codesetspeople must use with your codes.
    Bashing him and showing how much better you are is, of course, out of the question as well.

I suggest you open your own thread where you can put up your own creations if you want to organize a pity party on how useful you and the PMBR are to the whole community.

SonicBrawler, fix up that title, this is just embarassing.

If I see more of this nonsense from now on, there's going to be Moderated ranks flying around.

if people had the chance to make their own PM, why would they download the actual PM? I think thats why they doesnt want their stuff to be at anyone's hand
    unless they didnt want to build a brawl hack system by themselves, main reason why people actually uses PM
    This would be a relevant argument if P:M was a frail little thing that needs all the support and public it can get.

As a matter of fact, I could say that our forum needs the traffic more than P:M does at this point.
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:23:15 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8
    Print