BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bloody phone auto corrected me to "Octopus".

But yeah, thats what I meant

I had that problem when I updated from a previous version of Brawlbox using Brawlbox's updater. I deleted it and used the brawl vault download. That solved the problem for me.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: windhunter7 on July 31, 2016, 04:43:56 AM
Another glitch to report: If any vertices are rigged to more than one bone(By that, I mean any one vertex is rigged to 2 or more bones), then attempting to vertex them or port them to another .pac/.pcs file of the same character via the "Import New Object" method, both of these will end up exploding the parts that are rigged to multiple bones; the only way to avoid this explosion when attempting either of these is if the vertices are rigged to only one bone. I think this might be one of the more important glitches.

Post Merge: July 31, 2016, 04:44:51 AM

P.S. It drives me nuts all the time, especially since it limits porting single objects(a hat, an arm, etc.) to some extent... -_-

I noticed this too. It's been fixed for the next update.

Quote from: Scout on July 31, 2016, 05:34:14 AM
Yo whatup! Idk what is going on, but my brawl box keeps asking me that its not finding an octopus every time I open a .pac.

This seems like a problem that would had been responded more than 18 times already, Im sorry.
Quote from: Segtendo on July 31, 2016, 05:37:39 AM
Octokit.dll? Yea. I get that every time too.

See here:

Quote from: Ebola16 on June 10, 2016, 05:48:49 AM
Brawlbox just auto-updated to v0.77 for me, however I now get an error message "Unable to find Octokit.dll" upon opening a file type that has been associated with Brawlbox. If I execute Brawlbox directly then this error does not occur (Octokit.dll is in the same directory as Brawlbox v0.77). Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I'm always glad to see a new Brawlbox update though!
Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 10, 2016, 06:34:27 AM
Go ahead and delete it and redownload off the vault, I updated the download exe but it's not a full hotfix release since I caught it so soon.

that darn octopus

July 31, 2016, 09:41:47 PM #933 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:42:43 PM by windhunter7
Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 31, 2016, 06:59:46 PM
I noticed this too. It's been fixed for the next update.

Awesome, thanks! :D

Post Merge: July 31, 2016, 09:42:43 PM

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 31, 2016, 06:59:46 PM
I noticed this too. It's been fixed for the next update.

Awesome, thanks! :D

hello, i'm popping in to report an error, it keeps happening when trying to import / add / replace stock icons, i got the error dump text:

en System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 stride, PixelFormat format, IntPtr scan0)
en System.Windows.Forms.TextureConverterDialog.LoadImagesPreservingPaletteInfo(String path)
en System.Windows.Forms.TextureConverterDialog.LoadImages(String path)
en System.Windows.Forms.TextureConverterDialog.OnShown(EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

older versions won't give me this problem (or at least BB 0.67b)
What exactly does this thread do?

Having issues in v0.77 where exporting certain textures on character models causes the program to crash. Never had this problem with older versions.

Hi, new user to the site, and I'm having an issue when I download Brawlbox (version 0.77). When I attempt to download the files and am presented the "Run" option after it's downloaded, nothing else happens after it's allegedly done. Otherwise how am I supposed to access these? None of it appears in my new programs list.

**NOTE** Running OS Windows 10.

Question. please direct me if this has already been answered but how would one rimlight in .77? an in depth tutorial would be preferred, Thank you.

September 24, 2016, 07:10:07 PM #938 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:13:51 PM by Ebola16
Quote from: j0ker1212 on September 24, 2016, 06:57:18 PM
Question. please direct me if this has already been answered but how would one rimlight in .77? an in depth tutorial would be preferred, Thank you.
https://smashboards.com/threads/scouts-smash-3-rimlight-tutorial.370374/
Some of the values will have different names in the newest version of Brawlbox. It's best to look at a model that is already rimlit while following that guide to see what names changed.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

I updated to .77, and now suddenly it breaks whenever I try to open a wav file above a certain size.

The audio window opens up, but the length is 0:00 and if I try to convert it either crashes or just creates an empty BRSTM.

Anybody have any clues why this would be happening?

0.77 doesn't like new DAE imports I rigged for Smash Wii U. I was gonna use BB for animation.

Quote from: rederci939 on October 07, 2016, 10:47:32 PM
I updated to .77, and now suddenly it breaks whenever I try to open a wav file above a certain size.

The audio window opens up, but the length is 0:00 and if I try to convert it either crashes or just creates an empty BRSTM.

Anybody have any clues why this would be happening?

Have you tried Brawl Box V0.73b?

Quote from: rederci939 on October 07, 2016, 10:47:32 PM
I updated to .77, and now suddenly it breaks whenever I try to open a wav file above a certain size.

The audio window opens up, but the length is 0:00 and if I try to convert it either crashes or just creates an empty BRSTM.

Anybody have any clues why this would be happening?
Can you post or send me a wav file that's big enough to cause this error?

The animated stage lighting for Delfino Plaza plays differently in Brawlbox than in game.

I'm still new to compiling programs in Visual Studio and I would like to test the debug build. I tried and I got this access violation when opening a file. Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!