Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 69
Author Topic: BrawlBox v0.78  (Read 635807 times)
KingJigglypuff
Meme Machine
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 08:06:46 AM »

one thing I would love if you would do request

is that we have a option in PSA that we can insert folders, like a new Variable section, a Glide section ect!

would love variable section, have tried added it so long but no matter how I do the brawlbox becomes unreadable :/
    More Fighter.pac support would be great as well, since you can't do certain Action Overrides without certain references from the Fighter.pac that the current Moveset editing BrawlBox does not have. But moveset stuff is best saved for BJ's cancelled Ikarus.

Another issue is being unable to see all Sub Routines. Though the first Moveset editing version of BrawlBox did not have this issue.

It would be great if libertyernie and Sammi could work on and improve BrawlBox and Ikarus together.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 10:38:02 AM »

I probably ought to say this: most of the stuff people have mentioned, I know very little about! In particular, I don't think I've ever done ANY moveset editing. So don't expect too much from me.
    However, if there's something that people do with hex editing now, and there's some sort of guide, maybe I could try integrating that sort of thing at some point.

Does this mean that we can type, say, ~, and it'll read fine in Brawl?

I remember, with older versions, the ~ would be up high, like an apostrophe.

Now you should be able to copy the tilde from the Metal Gear song title and use that one. (~)
    As long as we're at it, let's just throw a ton of Unicode characters in titles and see how many Brawl knows!

P.S. Here's a screenshot of BB running on XP:

P.P.S. Does anyone know, in ResourceType.cs, what the upper byte means?
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 10:58:41 AM by libertyernie » Logged

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »

Well nobody is forcing you to make edits to brawlbox so keep that in mind but regardless thanks for the modification though as i remember this being a pain to deal with when making song titles with unique characters back when .msbin editing first started.
    Look forward to see what else will be added if you decided to keep doing modifications

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »

its all up to you Lib, just like Chuy said

about my stuff I said, it is actually a Hex guide of it!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66724.0

can give you all the information I have of how a PSA is build if you want to try it

Stupid Tinypic :C

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 12:21:23 PM »

P.P.S. Does anyone know, in ResourceType.cs, what the upper byte means?

It's just an ID, in case two entries use the same image index.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 01:09:37 PM »

It's just an ID, in case two entries use the same image index.
    Cool, thanks!
    I've been thinking about adding a way to edit STDT data, but since it's variable length and switches between floats/ints it might get tricky.

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 01:28:39 PM »

I remember bero's mod being able to edit the STDT and kinda wondering why it was dropped suddenly
    Here's the information about it in case you need it

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »

Cool, thanks!
    I've been thinking about adding a way to edit STDT data, but since it's variable length and switches between floats/ints it might get tricky.

No problem, if you have any questions about how things work in BrawlLib, I would definitely be the one to ask.

I would recommend you check out the interfaces I used for editing STPM (BrawlLib/SSBB/ResourceNodes/STPMNode.cs) or moveset parameters (Ikarus/UI/Controls/AttributeGrid.cs) if you want to edit an any-length array of float and integer values.

You should start by implementing Bero's work, then add on to it: http://code.google.com/p/brawldev/source/browse/trunk/BrawlLib/SSBB/ResourceNodes/StageRelatedFiles.cs

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 02:16:39 PM »

Incidentally this reminds me, I was going to begin implementing filetypes for BBox from my SSE thread. Can anybody tell me the bare minimum files I would need to edit / add to have Brawlbox recognize the file?

The reason this reminded me is because coincidentally STPM files follow the same basic structure as pretty much all of the SSE files. At least the header does. most notably BLOC archives, which are children in ARC files in almost al SSE stages and contain all the really important SSE stuff

EDIT: nvm im stupid, i was doing everything right i just forgot the stupid byte order in the tag lol
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:03:34 PM by Sammi Husky » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: May 04, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »

so, will the texture error be fixed?
    (when you make an import, the textures look messed up in-game)

or has it already been fixed?

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Good Citizen Pin Collector Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: May 04, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »

IT'S HAPPENING.
    5 months and 3 days later.

Maybe...

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 02:43:29 AM »

Well, i've begun implementing the BLOC filetype to BBox..so whenever that's done i'll try to fix the whole shader0 not having textureref0 = true, which causes crazy messed up textures in game. Incidentally i went ahead and added an icon for STDT entries that LibertyErnie started to implement. Icon isn't that great, but better then a question mark Tongue

In any case, i went and forked your repository on git so i can make changes of my own. Im not super awesome at programming or nothin but i'll try to help out whenever i can. Whenever i do i'll send you a pull request (unless you just add me as a collaborator to your repository)
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:00:11 AM by Sammi Husky » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 11:18:37 AM »

Well, i've begun implementing the BLOC filetype to BBox..so whenever that's done i'll try to fix the whole shader0 not having textureref0 = true, which causes crazy messed up textures in game. Incidentally i went ahead and added an icon for STDT entries that LibertyErnie started to implement. Icon isn't that great, but better then a question mark Tongue

In any case, i went and forked your repository on git so i can make changes of my own. Im not super awesome at programming or nothin but i'll try to help out whenever i can. Whenever i do i'll send you a pull request (unless you just add me as a collaborator to your repository)

Sweet! For STDT, I'm probably gonna try Bero's code that BJ posted the link to, and if that works well enough I'll get rid of mine.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »

Honestly, I prefer how entries are listed in BJ's STPM editor than in Bero's STDT one. It would be cool if you could use the STPM menu for the STDT instead.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 03:05:40 PM »

BlackJax, can you please give a couple more people commit access to the brawlbox project so we can continue making releases and code commits through google code?

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: