Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swappings specific parts of a character  (Read 1630 times)
EmptySky00
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 27, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »

My overall goal is to change the bulb/leaves on Ivy's back with the Captain America shield and have it positioned to lay flat on her back. I have no idea how to go about doing this since I've very limited experience with models and the like. If anyone could point me in the direction of a means to accomplish this I'd appreciate it.

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 10:29:28 AM »

Pretty sure to do this, you could try following these steps:
    1) Figure out which polygon is Captain America's Shield by either selecting the different polygons in the "Objects" folder and previewing them(Newest version of BrawlBox only), or by previewing the model and on the left pane, make invisible all polygons, and then check each one, until you find the shield.(All versions)
    2) Change the name of the bone that the shield uses to match the name of the bone for Ivysaur's bulb/leaves, then export by selecting the polygon in the "Objects" folder, and right-clicking, and say "Export".
    3) Open up the Ivysaur model and under the objects folder, select the bulb/leaves polygon, right-click, and "Replace" it with the new one.
    4) Preview the model; on the left pane, select the bone that is the bone for the back, and on the bottom pane, you can change the "Transform" and "Rotation" of it, which is where it is located in space and what angle it is, respectively. This will ACTUALLY move it on the model itself. Then save.

This is written like this in case anyone else wants to know how.(Assuming it works, which it should); if it doesn't work, please tell me.
    3) Import

EmptySky00
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:14:44 PM »

Pretty sure to do this, you could try following these steps:
    1) Figure out which polygon is Captain America's Shield by either selecting the different polygons in the "Objects" folder and previewing them(Newest version of BrawlBox only), or by previewing the model and on the left pane, make invisible all polygons, and then check each one, until you find the shield.(All versions)
    2) Change the name of the bone that the shield uses to match the name of the bone for Ivysaur's bulb/leaves, then export by selecting the polygon in the "Objects" folder, and right-clicking, and say "Export".
    3) Open up the Ivysaur model and under the objects folder, select the bulb/leaves polygon, right-click, and "Replace" it with the new one.
    4) Preview the model; on the left pane, select the bone that is the bone for the back, and on the bottom pane, you can change the "Transform" and "Rotation" of it, which is where it is located in space and what angle it is, respectively. This will ACTUALLY move it on the model itself. Then save.

This is written like this in case anyone else wants to know how.(Assuming it works, which it should); if it doesn't work, please tell me.
    3) Import

It says an unhandled exception has occurred in my application. Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. I have no idea what that means but I'm assuming it should be obvious. This is whenever I try to replace it, even after I changed the bone names and whatnot. Should I just try to find a different shield? Lol. I'm using the Link one. But I figure it doesn't actually matter which one I'm using since they should all function relatively similarly.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:25:25 PM by EmptySky00 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 08:23:22 PM »

It says an unhandled exception has occurred in my application. Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. I have no idea what that means but I'm assuming it should be obvious. This is whenever I try to replace it, even after I changed the bone names and whatnot. Should I just try to find a different shield? Lol. I'm using the Link one. But I figure it doesn't actually matter which one I'm using since they should all function relatively similarly.

Then it's probably that method of mine that won't work; however, this method of mine here works, and I tested it to make sure.(The first method) Smiley
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=68657

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: