Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Switching Memory Card issue, help please.  (Read 1700 times)
Italian_Boy1Up
Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:14:35 AM »

Okay so I was initially using a 2GB Memory card for my Wii. Had a ton of VC games, Wiiware titles, homebrew stuff, and all my Brawl mods on it. I had the codes set up so I could use the file replacement hack (hence how I got my costume, music, ect. hacks on there).

Well while uploading music I ran out of room, so I copied all the contents of my 2GB and threw it all on my 4GB. The wii recognizes all my VC and Wiiware games still, all my homebrew apps are on there, and all my hacks are in the exact same places. I ran brawl (using Wiiflow, yes this method worked before) and it worked fine, but none of my hacks are there. I popped my 2GB back in and the hacks on it still worked, and I checked the files on my computer, the 2GB and 4GB are identical...so I have no idea why the codes aren't working. I even made a new GCT file for my codes. Well the new file code for Giga Bowser worked, but the file replacement code still wasn't working.

I could use some help, I'd like to only use 1 memory card on my Wii =(, if anybody could tell me what's wrong or give me a download for a GCT file that has codes that work properly, that'd be great thanks.

lYIaXeD OuT
Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »

i think it HAS TO BE 2G only

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »

well maybe ur 4gb card doesnt work, try it with ANOTHER SD card maybe

pokelover980
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 01:18:03 PM »

i think it HAS TO BE 2G only
    That's not necessarily correct. It has to be a regular SD card, it can't be SDHC. They do make 4 GB SD cards, but its not likely that you'll easily find one. Chances are, this 4 GB SD card is SDHC.

So yeah, you're basically capped at 2GB unless you can find a 4 GB SD that isn't SDHC.

Italian_Boy1Up
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »

Haha yeah I found that out shortly after I posted this (that it can't be SDHC). Oh well, looks like I'm gunna have to use one memory card for brawl hacks and the other one for VC/Wii Ware games.

flurryous
    Expert Kitten

"...and seem a saint where most I play a devil." V

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 09:58:24 AM »

Ironically, I tried the very same thing 30 minutes ago. I mean, no bull, I did EXACTLY what you described. Then I typed in SDHC to see if anyone had my issue. I didn't think I'd find someone with an on-point situation.

Gotta love forums.

"If the illogical is rational enough, we can probably achieve the impossible."
                          ~sincerely yours, Garnett J. Frederick

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: