Project: Super Smash 4 - Cliché Q&A (11/14/2014)

Started by Junior64570, August 21, 2014, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.


This thread has changed a lot since I left. Seems to be a lot more... organized. :)

However I still stand by my statement and I will not be returning to this project. Not because of poor organization (which was alleviated, and then some), but solely because I can't do anything very useful. I make menus, CSS's, and stuff, which isn't really part of this project.

I do wish this project the best of luck and textures. Maybe you'll get a CSP or two (or three! :D )

September 06, 2014, 10:36:24 PM #122 Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 10:46:34 PM by SUPAHSAWNIK99
Quote from: Junior64570 on September 06, 2014, 05:43:12 PM
SUPAHSAWNIK99, I need you to do Sonic's recolors, since SSBXReal did the original color;
All of his colors will be colors now, instead of just tints:
Red, Green, Yellow, Black (Based off shadow)

You got it! :sonic:


I can actually make them all based off of Sonic characters:
Red (Knuckles)
Yellow (Tails/Super Sonic)
Green (Jet the Hawk/ Scourge)
Black (Shadow/Dark Sonic (Sonic X Anime))

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

Quote from: Junior64570 on September 06, 2014, 10:12:57 PM
Sure! I'll do the modified PSA when I have the time.

What colors did you want the Pikachu recolors to be? Also, did you want me to use the hat Pikachu models at all for the recolors?


Oh, because the Project got way weird and we fought and apparently I broke some rules again and blahblahblah, I'll give you the link tho: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ge35d4whvwjy58p/Project+Smash+4+-+Greninja+PSA+V1.zip

However, it won't be posted on Brawl Vault for a while until it's like, at least one special move done.

Quote from: windhunter7 on September 06, 2014, 11:07:24 PM
What colors did you want the Pikachu recolors to be? Also, did you want me to use the hat Pikachu models at all for the recolors?

Please answer my question. :-\

Quote from: SUPAHSAWNIK99 on September 06, 2014, 10:36:24 PM
You got it! :sonic:


I can actually make them all based off of Sonic characters:
Red (Knuckles)
Yellow (Tails/Super Sonic)
Green (Jet the Hawk/ Scourge)
Black (Shadow/Dark Sonic (Sonic X Anime))

Your avatar, that Sonic looks familiar.


hey guys we have alot of work to do ahead of us new info on smash 4 and starting characters :)

quoted from loves smash on youtube his info is from the japanese smash4 event going on as of right now :)

ROBIN:
- Chrom appears in robins victory pose.
-Robin: His hair color changes, but not the model
-Robin is FANTASTIC. Magic is not slow, when he has his spell book his attack speed is really good. If you use a smash attack in the air IT USES HIS MAGIC SMASHES. If you use a normal aerial it uses his other weapon.

He has two swords, the magic and the non-magic one. (Forgive me, not an awakening veteran).
All of tilts are using the physical sword. They have good combo ability. All of his smashes use the magic sword, which has an electric effect.
When in the air, if you use the inputs for a smash attack (and you still have the magic sword available), you will do an aerial that uses the magic sword. If you just typically hit an aerial he will use the normal sword.
You use up your magic sword quite quickly but it regenerates rather fast so it's not like it ruins your tempo. Very fast.

The fire move we've seen is actually a fireball that comes from above robins head and rains down in the vicinity in front of robin. His neutral b shoots and electric lightnig bolt straight across the stage.
The healing move is his down b and you would be surprised to know it heals for a LOT (I healed for about 20%) and it stuns your opponent while you heal. It has a start up though so it's not as easy to land as any regular grab. I can see Robin being a PAIN IN THE * to people who can't avoid getting caught in it. Unsure if you can force break it from slapping buttons, I only played AS him.
His up b jumps up a bit and shoots wind slicers down. Important to note it's actually not straight up, he jumps jump and slides slightly to the side in the direction you're facing THEN shoots them down, so it can be a ground option too.

Marth feels very nerfed. His range seems even worse than in Brawl (I was whiffing fsmashes like crazy and I'm pretty good with tippers). Aside fr his range and no ability to double fair he seems mostly the same, aside from running faster. It's his range that REALLY feels kinda killer to His melee/brawl play style.
Tipper ing with Marth seems to require your opponent to be a lot closer than ever before, it seems he won't be as much of a spacing monster as he's always been.
This can't be overstated enough, his range feels significantly shorter (by significantly I mean that it's noticeable. It's all relative of course), and seems to be his most notable nerf. Spacing his tippers seems to Be considerably more skill-based due to the range needed.


SHULK
-Shulks standing a is a 3 hit combo
-Shulks up b is a TWO PART combo
-You can choose to do the second part by inputting b again
-Basically he swipes up like dolphin slash
-If you hit b again he will do a swipe in front of him and send the opponent flying
-His up smash is sort of like palutena, except a much smaller pillar of light coming from his monado
-I think his running dash attack is just a sword swipe. Don't quote me on that I didn't take it to memory (As I quote him anyway lol)
-Shulk lunges forward and swipes down with his forward b In to the ground
-When you press neutral b it changes the insignia. Can't change while rolling, unsure attacking
-His bair he shoves his sword behind him without even turning around like under his arm.
-Shulk has the underpants alt we all know about, rest are recolors
- Shulks second jump is a somersault. Feels funny. All his smash attacks have a strange millisecond-ish load-up time before they come out. The Monado powering up or whatever.
- Shulk has amazing spacing options because his Monado reaches so damn far

PAC-MAN:
- Pacmans costumes change his gloves and shoes
- Pacmans forward a is a combo like Marth except with punches
- his down aerial is like lucarios except he kicks like 2-3 times.
- Pac Man is SLOW. Every single one of his aerials are kicks. His forward aerial is a double kick, his back air is like Mario. The thing that stood our about him is his utter sluggish-ness. His fall speed is like brawl. His run speed is slow. His forward b sends a pellet out in front of him, and then he turns in to classic pacman and boosts towards it. It's kind of like greninja'd shadow sneak thing except you can't time it.
- Pacman. He feels slow, but his attacks felt like they had a good hitbox, because he's really fat and his legs stretch when he kicks. He just felt really interesting to play, but I ended up using his aerials the most because of their hit boxes.
-Pac-Man: His color doesn't change, but he wears accessories.

LINK:
-Link: Fierce Diety, White, Purple
- Fierce Diety Link confirmed (Face changes too)
- White tunic and Purple tunic confirmed
- His down air has less recovery frames, but doesn't have as much knockback.
- Boomerang throwing animation is more reminiscent of how it used to look in 64
- link has a costume with like red markings under his eyes. It looks nothing like link... But his eyes are whitened and has red markings and he's dark colored clothing. There's also a white and blue link.

CHARIZARD:
-Dark red charizard, Blue charizard
- Charizard can be purple, yellow, red, grey
- Charizard's up throw is seismic toss, similar to Kirby's throw.
-Charizard: Shiny Charizard

SAMUS/ZERO SUIT SAMUS:
- I made a mistake for the light blue costume of ZSS it's actually gray
-ZSS comes in dark blue, green, black, and red.

PIT:
-No dark pit costume.
-Pits side b fist has a bad lag if you whiff, big KO power if you hit at higher %s

CAPTAIN FALCON:
-Captain falcon still has his knee of justice but they made HUGE landing lag. His side b still does strike dmg (I'm sorry), I think I misinterpreted a guy next to me who was playing him say that. Shouldn't have said it without confirming myself
- Captain falcons uppercut (side B) doesn't do strike dmg anymore, only a grab his up b goes straight up

LITTLE MAC:
Little Mac has 16 costumes! He has 8 costumes for his fleshy self, and 8 costumes for his wireframe

PIKACHU:
- Pikachu: Gold/Silver's Trainer Hat, X/Y's Trainer hat, Party hat returns
- Glasses Pikachu confirmed
- Pikachu has a hat with sunglasses on the front costume, and a fighter headband (red and black colored I think).

LUCARIO:
- Lucario has a purple and green skin and dark grey skin. Rest are shades of blue.

KING DEDEDE:
- No Masked DDD alt

DIDDY KONG:
- Diddy kong only gets 1 banana. If you pull another It disappears

PEACH:
-Peach's forward B has BARELY any startup time anymore (the butt slam)
It felt REALLY FAST.
- Peach: Fire Peach color
- Peach's turnip pull speed is nerfed. She can still move in to float to do things like crown and nair. Her fsmash goes tennis club, golf club, and frying pan. I believe it's a set order now.
- Peach is unchanged except for her up aerial. It's now a rainbow thing, it has an arched hitbox over the top of her head, she draws it with her hand.

FOX:
- Wolf deconfirmed
- Fox has an alternate skinThat looks exactly like wolf. He's gray fur, purple eye device and grayish clothing. It's the only skin that changes foxes fur. This is only a color, NOT a costume

ZELDA:
- Zelda has a white costume
-Zelda has no alternate costumes only colors
- Zelda's new phantom move: It doesn't hit a character right up in her grill. The phantom spawns maybe a character away, so if your opponent is right up on you, the phantom will just spawn in front of them and whiff.

META KNIGHT:
- Meta knights up b is like Marth's up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.
His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don't know yet about its priority.
-Meta Knight: Dark Meta, Galacta Knight

SONIC:
- No Metal Sonic. Shades of Blue/One White skin
- Sonic still dies pitifully if you end up in a spin without a jump


MEGAMAN:
- Megaman has yellow
- megaman has a green/orange costume, and white/red costume, a blue and white costume

MARTH:
- Marth has an Orange Skin
- Marth double fair is not possible

TOON LINK:
-There is no island toon link costume.
- toon link has the four swords colors + old style link color, the black with red eyes.

LUCARIO:
- lucario is unchanged except his smash attacks feel MUCH faster.

PALUTENA:
- palutena's smash reach is incredible. Her up smash is the giant pillar laser beam thing. Her side smash moves a bit forward and her wings slap in front of her.
- Palutena: Viridi color

OLIMAR:
- Olimar: Alph (full model change)

YOSHI:
- Black and purple Yoshi colors confirmed

IKE:
- Ike feels unchanged. I was never an Ike main so I don't know the specifics but his attacks were all the same general thing, nothing new I noticed.

VILLAGER:
- villagers up b is the most overpowered recovery I've ever seen.

SMASH MECHANICS/OTHERS:
-Back Ledge Grabbing is back
-Shield while running
-Fast falling is pretty swift. It also has the ash 64 effect sparkle when you do the input.
-There is no Melee dash dancing. It's incredibly hard to do with the circle pad but it's essentially the same thing as brawls. IE not super useful or practical.
- the ledge is DEFINITELY tougher to grab and there is no snap. Unfortunately both Marth and Shulk flip for their 2nd jump so I could not test ledge re-grabbing within a short window of time because it waits for their flip animation to finish before actually grabbing.
- The game still has a sense of floatiness to it that is present in brawl. It's definitely not like Melee where you drop like bricks.
- Shield rolling is extremely fast and there's a neat little sparkle star effect when you do it and acting out of shield is as well. I think of it like a mini-wave dash. No wave dashing or l-cancelling. Just rolling baby.
- Ledge snap SEVERELY nerfed. I feels like Melee ledge grab.
- whoever is worried about combos, there are combos.
- YOU CAN CANCEL RUN WITH SHEILD.
-I could no re-grab the ledge directly after letting go and jumping back in to obvious grab range.
- Pivot cancel is still in
- Lucina is not playable.(DEMO)

sorry for the long write :)
             
I'll smash you!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67633.0
come check out our Project Sm4sh brawl!!!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67091.0
come check out my psa page!

You could use spoilers. :P

Post Merge: September 07, 2014, 01:29:39 AM

Do you think you could post pictures with text linking to each part of the character what color it should be for all of the recolors, so that I can know what I would be doing for the recolors? I'll post an example of what I mean in a couple minutes.

Post Merge: September 07, 2014, 01:35:33 AM

I mean like this, where the recolor would be yellow is now blue, his ears' black spots and cheeks' red spots are now green, and the brown spot on his tail is now brown.(This is just an example, not an actual thing I'm gonna do.)

Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on September 07, 2014, 12:26:14 AM
Your avatar, that Sonic looks familiar.

I bet it does! I was using it as an alt. costume for Sonic in my pack, I did credit you for it.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

Okay, windhunter7, his recolors are going to be almost identical to his Brawl Recolors:
-Original: Yellow, its normal appearance in Pokemon X & Y versions.
-Red: Slightly Orange, it wears a red cap.
-Green: More of a yellowgreen color, it'll wear a green bandanna.
-Blue: Exactly same as SSBB except with More clear and realistic-looking goggles.
-Pichu: A model-swap, Pichu from SSBM with one-slot size mod.
-Raichu: Another model-swap, Raichu from whatever game with a Smash 4 look.

Quote from: Junior64570 on September 07, 2014, 06:03:03 PM
Okay, windhunter7, his recolors are going to be almost identical to his Brawl Recolors:
-Original: Yellow, its normal appearance in Pokemon X & Y versions.
-Red: Slightly Orange, it wears a red cap.
-Green: More of a yellowgreen color, it'll wear a green bandanna.
-Blue: Exactly same as SSBB except with More clear and realistic-looking goggles.
-Pichu: A model-swap, Pichu from SSBM with one-slot size mod.
-Raichu: Another model-swap, Raichu from whatever game with a Smash 4 look.

Ok, ty; I'll start work on it soon. :)

Okay. I tried texturing Bowser, but it didn't turn out too well, his shell outline was too yellow, and his green wasn't bright enough.

Quote from: Junior64570 on September 07, 2014, 08:43:39 PM
Okay. I tried texturing Bowser, but it didn't turn out too well, his shell outline was too yellow, and his green wasn't bright enough.

What method did you use, and would you like tips?

Post Merge: September 07, 2014, 09:44:54 PM

Quote from: Junior64570 on September 07, 2014, 06:03:03 PM
Okay, windhunter7, his recolors are going to be almost identical to his Brawl Recolors:
-Original: Yellow, its normal appearance in Pokemon X & Y versions.
-Red: Slightly Orange, it wears a red cap.
-Green: More of a yellowgreen color, it'll wear a green bandanna.
-Blue: Exactly same as SSBB except with More clear and realistic-looking goggles.
-Pichu: A model-swap, Pichu from SSBM with one-slot size mod.
-Raichu: Another model-swap, Raichu from whatever game with a Smash 4 look.

While looking for Pichu and Raichu models, I found these:
Pichu Would this model retextured to be SSB4-styled work?
RaichuWould this model and texture work? It looks like he'd fit well in.