Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 14
Author Topic: Pay me to program for you (Expired)  (Read 65755 times)
BlackJax96
Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 19, 2014, 11:12:25 PM »

I'm not doing this anymore, thanks to everyone who bought a feature! Hope you enjoy them.
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:49:49 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 07:56:58 AM »

I thought paying for brawl hacks was forbiden in the forums nah nevermind, youre blackjax I doubt rules even apply to you lol

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 08:42:03 AM »

I thought paying for brawl hacks was forbiden in the forums

it is. but since he says "donations" i guess thats a work around? i wouldnt waste my money on it though. but i could see this working out, i guess

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 08:45:31 AM »

I'd pay you 1 gorillian dollars if you could get shaders to be rendered in the previewer.

Is there a base/ballpark price you had in mind for each feature? There aren't as many people around as there once was so I hope it isn't too high.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 09:40:25 AM »

I thought paying for brawl hacks was forbiden in the forums nah nevermind, youre blackjax I doubt rules even apply to you lol

He's not making Brawl hacks for money, he's programming the program used to make hacks. There's a difference.

P.S. I would pay you, BlackJax, to add a button to BrawlBox to auto-calculate whether or not a file is too large and will crash, and to make it possible to import Blender vertex-grouped models to BrawlBox without crashing, but I don't have any money, since I do everything I do for free. Cry

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 10:16:49 AM »

As someone not talking out of their ass, I approve of this idea.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 11:38:37 AM »

As someone not talking out of their ass
    I consider this comment pretty edgy

Post Merge: September 20, 2014, 12:13:11 PM
    but now, before a drama or an argument starts, I want to leave clear Im not against this, I have actually planned the same for myself in the future, but I think a hobby like this shouldnt be seen as a stressing job
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:13:11 PM by Gamidame_K » Logged

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »

I approve of this, and as i told ya via skype, i'd give ya money for the SCN0 fixes that I told ya about and u recently looked into. Just dont have the money for that yet atm.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »

I thought paying for brawl hacks was forbiden in the forums

How is programming equivalent to making Brawl mods?

it is. but since he says "donations" i guess thats a work around?

No, it's just called a donation pool because you're not directly paying me for a specific feature.

I'd pay you 1 gorillian dollars if you could get shaders to be rendered in the previewer.

Is there a base/ballpark price you had in mind for each feature? There aren't as many people around as there once was so I hope it isn't too high.

Yeah, I can quote any feature you want. Unfortunately rendering shaders is a more extreme feature and would take up a lot of my time researching and developing, so it'd be like, $350 or so (sorry Sad). It would include all the realtime editors in the model viewer and support for SCN0 light and fog, though.

Simpler features are 97.14% cheaper. o-o

P.S. I would pay you, BlackJax, to add a button to BrawlBox to auto-calculate whether or not a file is too large and will crash, and to make it possible to import Blender vertex-grouped models to BrawlBox without crashing, but I don't have any money, since I do everything I do for free. :'(

I don't think you can "auto-calculate" something like that. It depends on the available RAM space when the game loads the file.

What do you mean by Blender vertex-grouped models? DAEs exported from Blender? Obj files?
    Adding an obj importer would probably be like, $15. Bug fixing DAE models exported from Blender would probably be $10.

He's not making Brawl hacks for money, he's programming the program used to make hacks. There's a difference.

Thank you. I even said I already double checked with the admins. If people could read...

I consider this comment pretty edgy

Post Merge: September 20, 2014, 12:13:11 PM
    but now, before a drama or an argument starts, I want to leave clear Im not against this, I have actually planned the same for myself in the future, but I think a hobby like this shouldnt be seen as a stressing job

I don't need to know about how edgy you think things are or your plans to illegally charge people for brawl mods in here, I just need to know if people will pay me to write some text files that just so happen to make interesting things occur on a windows computer when compiled.
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:33:23 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 12:52:00 PM »

I don't think you can "auto-calculate" something like that. It depends on the available RAM space when the game loads the file.

What do you mean by Blender vertex-grouped models? DAEs exported from Blender? Obj files?
    Adding an obj importer would probably be like, $15. Bug fixing DAE models exported from Blender would probably be $10.

It wouldn't be hard to auto-calculate; the button could check the name of the ARC file(e.g. FitMarth00), apply the default filesize(In a formula, putting that filesize in the formula; e.g. 988 KB), check the filesize(the filesize of your new character texture or import; e.g. 900 KB), and subtract the newer filesize(900 KB) from the default filesize(988 KB); if it's equal to or greater than 0(The value of this would be 88), than the filesize would be fine.(In this case, it would be ok)(Btw, I myself wouldn't actually need this button, since I have all of the Brawl files, so I can easily check, but other people might find this button useful if it's possible to make.)

As for Blender files, it would be awesome to be able to import .dae with vertex groups from Blender into BB, but even just .obj importing from Blender would be cool.(Assigning the .obj to a single bone, as Blender .obj can't have bones.)

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »

I know basic math, trust me. I just don't like that brute-force style of approach that's only specific to Brawl. It wouldn't always be correct, either. I just said it depends on the RAM availability.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »

I know basic math, trust me. I just don't like that brute-force style of approach that's only specific to Brawl. It wouldn't always be correct, either. I just said it depends on the RAM availability.

Then I'll code a non-BrawlBox version of it with Python, that people could use. Undecided

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 03:33:06 PM »

Yeah, I can quote any feature you want. Unfortunately rendering shaders is a more extreme feature and would take up a lot of my time researching and developing, so it'd be like, $350 or so (sorry Sad). It would include all the realtime editors in the model viewer and support for SCN0 light and fog, though.

Simpler features are 97.14% cheaper. o-o

Honestly that sounds about right xD that's a pretty major feature, and from when i looked into it, would take alot of research. I looked into it only for a short period of time when i was researching how BBox renders things in the model previewer....and then decided that a more useful output for that amount of work would be a previewer for the REFF particle emitters lol. Though that in itself is also a fair amount of work, if it would even work..i haven't looked too much into it

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 01:34:08 AM »

I'd throw some money your way, sure. It just depends on what you're working on.

I say you should make a list of larger projects with monetary goals that we as a community can strive to meet. That way the more desired features can be completed before less desired features.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay a fairly large amount (~$100 or so) for an unrestricted costume engine. I know you can't do this though, as it requires modding Brawl directly... Sad

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Heart Container

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 09:20:15 AM »

I like the idea of Blackjax programming because you set us up for greatness with Brawlbox, but how exactly is this "legal"? I mean, if you pay a transaction for something you want, that's considered buying services, and since you are requesting the product you want bought, that's considered buying the product as well. Like the idea, just iffy on the whole "pay me and you get stuff" as a donation lol

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: