Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Editing Death Cries, Ottoto, Crowd Chant, etc for PSAs.  (Read 26417 times)
Neon Sovereign
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »

1st idea I had after reading this:
You just changed the sounds, but not the SFX IDs.
Those IDs need to be changed in PSA.
This tutorial shows how to change the "impossible" IDs, and those are the ones you cannot edit with PSA.

2nd idea after reading a few more times:
You changed the sounds and the IDs, perfect.
They are silent, that's bad.
To fix that, you'll need a code to make the character you ported to have another's soundbank.

Thanks for the ideas, the first one it's impossible because i've already tried to open this file in Project Smash Attacks 2.35 and it says "Cannot locate file data", so i could try your second idea, where can i find that code?

Smash Boy
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2016, 07:38:53 PM »

Can anyone here help me to get OSA 3 working? Where is the .exe when you need it?

Post Merge: December 15, 2016, 10:30:28 PM
Tabuu Alpha 3 won't open certain characters and it crashes. I can't even open Pit nor Toon Link, and many others. It's annoying. Is there a stable Tabuu Alpha 3 out there that can open all characters without crashing on me?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:30:28 PM by Smash Boy » Logged

GCBG SMHB

HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: December 17, 2016, 08:20:08 PM »

Can anyone here help me to get OSA 3 working? Where is the .exe when you need it?

Post Merge: December 15, 2016, 10:30:28 PM
    Tabuu Alpha 3 won't open certain characters and it crashes. I can't even open Pit nor Toon Link, and many others. It's annoying. Is there a stable Tabuu Alpha 3 out there that can open all characters without crashing on me?

This is outdated.
    Try to do it with a Hex program.
    Might be harder, but guaranteed.
    Most PSA files will corrupt if modifying SFX IDs with Tabuu and/or BrawlBox (at least for me). Most notably already finished PSAs.
    I tried with Hex editing and it worked just fine.
    I just don't know any tutorial you can follow. And it's been quite a while since I ever did it.
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:21:41 PM by Alejandro MiddleCorn » Logged

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: December 18, 2016, 02:03:23 AM »

This tutorial is not outdated in the slightest. The information this tutorial provides is still relevant, as there hasn't been any further documentation on this sort of SFX editing via PSA editing.

If neither BrawlBox nor Tabuu work for you, then you're forced to manually hex edit.

If you can't get anything to work, it's likely not the fault of the tutorial, but rather yourself.

Though not to mention, Smash Boy already figured out their issue over Discord.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 05:48:22 PM »

This tutorial is not outdated in the slightest. The information this tutorial provides is still relevant, as there hasn't been any further documentation on this sort of SFX editing via PSA editing.

If neither BrawlBox nor Tabuu work for you, then you're forced to manually hex edit.

If you can't get anything to work, it's likely not the fault of the tutorial, but rather yourself.

Though not to mention, Smash Boy already figured out their issue over Discord.

Well, I never said it was the tutorial's fault. But it is also definatelly not the user's fault neither.
    Good he was able to solve his issue.
    But to be honest, there should be a Hex tutorial for this or at least an update to PSA so these SFX IDs can be modified too.
    IDK if there is already an update to it since it's been quite a while since I stopped modding Brawl.

No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: December 23, 2016, 06:42:01 AM »

I'll consider adding in a Hex tutorial to the OP when I get back from NJ in January.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: January 28, 2018, 01:43:38 PM »

With the introduction of PSA Compressor, there's no need for me to make a Hex tutorial, and I have since updated the thread with further details.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: January 30, 2018, 04:37:34 PM »

With the introduction of PSA Compressor, there's no need for me to make a Hex tutorial, and I have since updated the thread with further details.
    More than one whole year after saying this would be updated, lol.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
    Print
    Jump to: