Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Dark Samus PSA- Heavy Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Influence  (Read 31334 times)
Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #45 on: November 03, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »

Yeah, my primary reason for doing this was to make her look cooler... there's so many graphics to choose from so I just had to do it. Crony's PSA is a good base to work off though. And I changed her weight and movement similar to how the SSB4 assist trophy moves. IMO it feels a lot more like how DS should move, but I'll let people decide for themselves once I release this lol.

The up B is a pain in the butt to code for some reason. Crony's was a simple movement up and like you said it quickly dropped downwards... I didn't like this and came up with something completely different: a two part attack that works  kind of like DDD's. She does a backflip vertically in the air then crashes down in a Phazon meteor at the height of the jump... for some reason I can't get her to grab the ledge on the first part of the attack though aye. And the animation still needs work... soooo much to do with this move.

Thanks for the support! I was just thinking today it would be a good idea to send this out to some interested people for constructive criticism. A lot needs to be done, and if you feel like adding something (especially polishing animations cause they're such a pain in the ass to work with lol) by all means go ahead. Yeah I'm really happy with up smash lol.

Funny thing, Crony just PM'd me today asking me to help with the model. Maybe we can finally bring Dark Samus' burning skeletal form to Smash.

lol i may be able to dp a few animations, tho i tend to be extremely thorough with that kinda thing. it takes me a while to complete them. (i really really dislike stiff looking animations Dx, so i try to get them as smooth and fluid as i can). lol i made a few for my sirkura model over zss.

i was also wondering. do the models have to be specifically created for the DS over marth? or is there a way to edit samus models to work over her? i know for instance the DS model does not have a morphball.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »

lol i may be able to dp a few animations, tho i tend to be extremely thorough with that kinda thing. it takes me a while to complete them. (i really really dislike stiff looking animations Dx, so i try to get them as smooth and fluid as i can). lol i made a few for my sirkura model over zss.

i was also wondering. do the models have to be specifically created for the DS over marth? or is there a way to edit samus models to work over her? i know for instance the DS model does not have a morphball.
    dark samus has the same exact boneset as samus no a single bone-edit

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 07:46:52 PM »

Being thorough is awesome. I am as well but I'm new to animating so they're not the totally up to my standards.. Getting them to look just right is way harder then it looks.

What I am spending an insane amount of time on is the graphical/particle/lighting effects... Some moves are taking me eons to get perfect but when one gets done it usually looks really good so that's a good thing.

But yeah by all means, if you could whip up something for her down tilt, and maybe give some feedback on ftilt and uptilt that'd be great. I can send over the files in a message.

I'm not totally sure about the bones and models... though I did use a bone adding tool to add more to the Dark Samus model to make it around the 70 range in order to work with Marth. I don't even know if this was necessary tbh, I did this in July or June ha

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 04:28:02 PM »

Sent the files back, hopefully it fixed it up for you.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: November 04, 2014, 04:46:47 PM »

Sent the files back, hopefully it fixed it up for you.

Thanks a lot, if it works I'll have the motivation to perfect the animation and gfx of the move.

So next on the agenda if anyone's interested:

Right now I'm focusing on editing her animations to make sure she animates smoothly throughout transitions. For example, the ledge animations (cliffwait, cliffattack, cliffjump, etc.) and damage animations are all being reworked to flow into her wait stance. This is probably not a big deal but I'm OCD about her looking as good as I can lol. So this is taking me some time but thankfully the animations are looking good.

Next on the agenda is creating her neutral B move. For the longest time I'd been up in the air between using a projectile attack and her boost ball and i think I'm gonna go with a projectile. It will have two variations and each will be worked for ground and air versions.

***if there's a way to give a Marth PSA file a crawl attack like Samus, I would put her boost ball attack here, but I don't know if this is possible. If anyone has any info please share!***

A.) Ground, uncharged- fires a burst of Phazon energy that has a small chance to freeze. I'll rework the ice gfx upon freeze to make it look like Phazon too

B.) ground, charged- fires a think beam similar to what she does in the Echoes elevator fight. This will be a near instant beam ala. Ivysaur's solar beam but will probably be weaker and a bit longer startup.

C.) air, uncharged- same as ground, different animation

D.) Air, charged- this will be the attack she uses in the final fight in Echoes. Dark samus will absorb Phazon particles then fire a massive (nowhere near Samus FS huge but comparable lol ) Phazon beam at a 45 degree angle towards the ground.

But before I get to creating this move, i wanna make sure some things can be done. If anyone knows the answer to these ?'s it would be a huge help:

1.) is there a way to make a projectile on the ThrowN bone end if it hits a wall or surface? For ex. If im standing on one side of Peach's Castle I don't want to be able to spam the move thru the walls.

2.) is there away to get a "poison" like status affliction on a move? Sorta like purple Pikmin doing damage over time.

I thought. I had more but the first is the most important for now :-p. If this can be prevented I want to start work on the move right away
    « Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:52:32 PM by highonphazon » Logged

Large Leader

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: November 04, 2014, 04:57:17 PM »

Thanks a lot, if it works I'll have the motivation to perfect the animation and gfx of the move.

No problem, just tell me if it doesn't work. I MIGHT have forgotten something, but I don't think it would have changed anything.

1.) is there a way to make a projectile on the ThrowN bone end if it hits a wall or surface? For ex. If im standing on one side of Peach's Castle I don't want to be able to spam the move thru the walls.

2.) is there away to get a "poison" like status affliction on a move? Sorta like purple Pikmin doing damage over time.

I thought. I had more but the first is the most important for now :-p. If this can be prevented I want to start work on the move right away

1. No

2. I'm not sure about this (I haven't done it myself), but I THINK you could hit the enemy with a Lips Stick hitbox effect (I think it's called Flower) and it might work. But I don't know for sure.
    « Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:58:34 PM by Shulk » Logged

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: November 04, 2014, 05:01:14 PM »

No problem, just tell me if it doesn't work. I MIGHT have forgotten something, but I don't think it would have changed anything.

1. No

2. I'm not sure about this (I haven't done it myself), but I THINK you could hit the enemy with a Lips Stick hitbox effect (I think it's called Flower) and it might work. But I don't know for sure.

Totally forgot about that item ha, I'll check it out.

But that blows about the wall thing. Though I think Carnage said he did something with his Mewtwo PSA to prevent this...

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: November 04, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »

1. No

actualy both of the reasons are a yes

1- you need to make the thrown bone or whatever bone has an hurtbox if it has an hurtbox you can detect if it hits a wall

2- ak you have to do is put on the damage option poision which will give a flower to everyone.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: November 04, 2014, 05:17:50 PM »

1- you need to make the thrown bone or whatever bone has an hurtbox if it has an hurtbox you can detect if it hits a wall.

You can't ADD hurtboxes, right? Only change their placements?

O snap

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: November 04, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »

You can't ADD hurtboxes, right? Only change their placements?
    you can  add them in bb psa.

and the poison effect(flower) is just a simple flag just like flame or darkness.

batman64
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: November 04, 2014, 05:32:07 PM »

dark samus has the same exact boneset as samus no a single bone-edit

This is true, but if the model uses samus'a morph ball then it will always be visible during the match. Unless someone has found a way to fix this, you have to either use models without the morphball, or remove the morphball polygons.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: November 04, 2014, 05:33:32 PM »

This is true, but if the model uses samus'a morph ball then it will always be visible during the match. Unless someone has found a way to fix this, you have to either use models without the morphball, or remove the morphball polygons.
    not at all all you need to do is set up model changers which is preety easy to do using bb since you cant add them in psa.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: November 04, 2014, 06:06:24 PM »

you can  add them in bb psa.

No way, since when lol

Totally going to start using it now.

Mind telling us how to do it? Other than just setting it up as a hurtbox/hitbox?

Wait, what if someone hits the hurtbox?

and the poison effect(flower) is just a simple flag just like flame or darkness.

Yep, it's called "Flower" liek you said.

O snap

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: November 04, 2014, 06:17:23 PM »

Whoa sooo much new info... Sooo many possibilities!

batman64
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: November 04, 2014, 07:34:25 PM »

not at all all you need to do is set up model changers which is preety easy to do using bb since you cant add them in psa.

Ah that makes sense. I never tried doing that in bb. I mainly use PSA when editing characters. You learn something new every day.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
    Print
    Jump to: