Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Solved] Why can't you scale bones before rigging alt costumes?  (Read 1452 times)
sorcerice
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 04, 2014, 04:25:34 AM »

Going through the tutorials, they say not to scale or move the skeletal structures, but they don't say what happens if you do. Does it make the costume unusable? Does it alter the main skeletal structure? I'm asking mainly because Lucario has such narrow shoulders, and I'm trying to make a NiGHTS import. NiGHTS has much wider shoulders, and I'm not sure how to rig the arms when the shoulder bone is in the middle of the chest/face:

So I guess I'd also like to know what to do after this point, because this dilemma has stopped me in my tracks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated  Smiley
Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:22:37 PM by sorcerice » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 06:54:18 PM »

I think you can do it that way, though I wouldn't advise it, as that would stretch the model oddly, because the proportions would be off.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 07:08:29 PM »

The reason you should never edit skeletons unless you're making a PSA is due to the very fact that if you edit even the smallest thing in the skeleton, your character will not be one slot. And will desync online (if you're using the alternate server, as the official server has been shut down).

What people do when faced with a model that doesn't fit the skeleton is to edit the model to fit the skeleton.

The only time you should ever edit the skeleton to match the model is if you're making a PSA, as you have much more freedom with the ability to move and add bones.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

sorcerice
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 10:22:04 PM »

Thanks for the informative responses Smiley

I'll try to edit the model to make it work.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: