Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: [OBSOLETE] Alternate File Loader Stages and Brawlex  (Read 14189 times)
Ebola16
Importer of Dreams
Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 06:28:37 PM »

I'd suggest removing all previous Brawlex core files and downloading the latest stable ones. If you have multiple characters that have issues, the easiest way to fix them is to remake their config files. Post in the help section if you get stuck. Also, it is unlikely that an incorrectly configured Brawlex is the source of the AFL not working.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

SUPAHSAWNIK99
    Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 06:42:06 PM »

I'd suggest removing all previous Brawlex core files and downloading the latest stable ones. If you have multiple characters that have issues, the easiest way to fix them is to remake their config files. Post in the help section if you get stuck. Also, it is unlikely that an incorrectly configured Brawlex is the source of the AFL not working.

It's not that I have issues, I have two clones from the latest version of BrawlEx, and my other bunch from 1.2.0.0, and so I have to upgrade everyone instead of downgrading two clones. My clone engine has been successful until I tried adding the alt. stage loader.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    NNID: Supersawnik99

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »

I see. Another possible problem is that my original post had an incorrect bytecount that was fixed a while ago. You may want to recopy my codes. The best way to fix your problem would be to:

Run Brawl with just the file patch code (remove Brawlex core files), alternate file loader, and alternate file loader data. Use the Gamecube controller button activator. Emulation with Dolphin can be used if you don't have a Gamecube controller. If this works, the alternate file loader is properly configured.

Then re-add the rest of your .gct codes and Brawlex core files. If the AFL stops working, one of your codes are incompatible with the AFL.

Then change the button activator to the button activator that you really want. If the AFL stops working, your button activator is either incorrect or incompatible with the AFL.
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:08:39 PM by ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

SUPAHSAWNIK99
    Extreme Kitten

Super Sonic Style!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »

I see. Another possible problem is that my original post had an incorrect bytecount that was fixed a while ago. You may want to recopy my codes. The best way to fix your problem would be to:

Run Brawl with just the file patch code (remove Brawlex core files), alternate file loader, and alternate file loader data. Use the Gamecube controller button activator. Emulation with Dolphin can be used if you don't have a Gamecube controller. If this works, the alternate file loader is properly configured.

Then re-add the rest of your .gct codes and Brawlex core files. If the AFL stops working, one of your codes are incompatible with the AFL.

Then change the button activator to the button activator that you really want. If the AFL stops working, your button activator is either incorrect or incompatible with the AFL.

Alright, I will try that later on! Thanks!

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
    NNID: Supersawnik99

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 02:01:41 PM »

I have done some further testing with the button activator code:
    GameCube button activators work
    Wiimote alone does not work
    Wiimote plus nunchuck does not work
    Wiimote plus classic controller does not work

I have updated the OP. Please let me know if anyone manages to get one of the incompatible button activators working. (For the AFL code, button activator must have 0x80 added to the actual value)

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 05:59:41 PM »

can any test if this works for non-BrawlEX characters

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »

dis code was made before brawl ex was released
    so it definetly works wih "non brawl ex"

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »

can any test if this works for non-BrawlEX characters
    Yes, I've used AFL before Brawlex. You may want to consider the ASL instead of the AFL if you're not using Brawlex. You can have more than 1 alt per stage with the ASL.
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:22:26 PM by ebola16 » Logged

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: