Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Dark Samus PSA- Heavy Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Influence  (Read 31196 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: November 04, 2014, 08:03:14 PM »

Ah that makes sense. I never tried doing that in bb. I mainly use PSA when editing characters. You learn something new every day.

Biggest problem is, if you edit a PSA in BBox you can't edit it in PSA anymore. And I believe it is the same the other way around.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #61 on: November 04, 2014, 09:28:32 PM »

Being thorough is awesome. I am as well but I'm new to animating so they're not the totally up to my standards.. Getting them to look just right is way harder then it looks.

What I am spending an insane amount of time on is the graphical/particle/lighting effects... Some moves are taking me eons to get perfect but when one gets done it usually looks really good so that's a good thing.

But yeah by all means, if you could whip up something for her down tilt, and maybe give some feedback on ftilt and uptilt that'd be great. I can send over the files in a message.

I'm not totally sure about the bones and models... though I did use a bone adding tool to add more to the Dark Samus model to make it around the 70 range in order to work with Marth. I don't even know if this was necessary tbh, I did this in July or June ha

Sure ^^ send them over and i'll see what i can do, unfortunately i'm usually fairly busy  with work Dx (i'm a manager at Dollar Tree so i don't get much free time >.<) so i can't make any major promises, but i'd be happy to work on it when i have time.
    Thanks a lot, if it works I'll have the motivation to perfect the animation and gfx of the move.

So next on the agenda if anyone's interested:

Right now I'm focusing on editing her animations to make sure she animates smoothly throughout transitions. For example, the ledge animations (cliffwait, cliffattack, cliffjump, etc.) and damage animations are all being reworked to flow into her wait stance. This is probably not a big deal but I'm OCD about her looking as good as I can lol. So this is taking me some time but thankfully the animations are looking good.

Next on the agenda is creating her neutral B move. For the longest time I'd been up in the air between using a projectile attack and her boost ball and i think I'm gonna go with a projectile. It will have two variations and each will be worked for ground and air versions.

***if there's a way to give a Marth PSA file a crawl attack like Samus, I would put her boost ball attack here, but I don't know if this is possible. If anyone has any info please share!***

A.) Ground, uncharged- fires a burst of Phazon energy that has a small chance to freeze. I'll rework the ice gfx upon freeze to make it look like Phazon too

B.) ground, charged- fires a think beam similar to what she does in the Echoes elevator fight. This will be a near instant beam ala. Ivysaur's solar beam but will probably be weaker and a bit longer startup.

C.) air, uncharged- same as ground, different animation

D.) Air, charged- this will be the attack she uses in the final fight in Echoes. Dark samus will absorb Phazon particles then fire a massive (nowhere near Samus FS huge but comparable lol ) Phazon beam at a 45 degree angle towards the ground.

But before I get to creating this move, i wanna make sure some things can be done. If anyone knows the answer to these ?'s it would be a huge help:

1.) is there a way to make a projectile on the ThrowN bone end if it hits a wall or surface? For ex. If im standing on one side of Peach's Castle I don't want to be able to spam the move thru the walls.

2.) is there away to get a "poison" like status affliction on a move? Sorta like purple Pikmin doing damage over time.

I thought. I had more but the first is the most important for now :-p. If this can be prevented I want to start work on the move right away

also on the part about a crawl attack, i know it is definitely possible, but i'm not familliar enough with psa to know how you would do it. BeX also can help with it (there is a setting "has crawl" so you don't need to add a code to make it work in the GCT) Shulk or another PSAer would probably know more. a good example i believe would be the windwaker psa (by kit i believe) her PSA has a crawl over toonlink.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: November 05, 2014, 04:31:07 AM »

i made a mistake to make the thrown detect a wall he doesnt need an hurtbox but a mic collision data that is on the misc stuff added to it, i found this by accident some time ago.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2014, 02:59:55 PM »

Biggest problem is, if you edit a PSA in BBox you can't edit it in PSA anymore. And I believe it is the same the other way around.

!!!!!!!
    i think you may have just solved an issue i was having in the help thread i posted before xD i'll have to mess with it later. thank you! xD

i made a mistake to make the thrown detect a wall he doesnt need an hurtbox but a mic collision data that is on the misc stuff added to it, i found this by accident some time ago.

i thought mewtwo's shadow ball was just a graphic edit of lucario's aura ball? wich had the collision data in it already. i briefly looked into something like this for a minor project we were gonna do for a fully powered samus psa. we were looking on how to do the opposite tho xD (wave beam ftw) actually now i have more knowledge on psa i might try it again.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: November 05, 2014, 03:58:20 PM »

!!!!!!!
    i think you may have just solved an issue i was having in the help thread i posted before xD i'll have to mess with it later. thank you! xD

i thought mewtwo's shadow ball was just a graphic edit of lucario's aura ball? wich had the collision data in it already. i briefly looked into something like this for a minor project we were gonna do for a fully powered samus psa. we were looking on how to do the opposite tho xD (wave beam ftw) actually now i have more knowledge on psa i might try it again.
    well we arent talkning about true articles those already have collision stiff of their own i found this while doing  my mewtwo over marth port long ago where by chance the mewtwo thrown bone had the index of one of marth default  collision bones so when you shooted the fake projectile shadow ball agaisnt a wall mewtwo would get pushed back  the other way so i had to make an if hits a wall or ceiling end atatcks type of thing lol becuase there was no bb psa back then so i couldtn see the misc colission bones.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2014, 07:25:44 PM »

well we arent talkning about true articles those already have collision stiff of their own i found this while doing  my mewtwo over marth port long ago where by chance the mewtwo thrown bone had the index of one of marth default  collision bones so when you shooted the fake projectile shadow ball agaisnt a wall mewtwo would get pushed back  the other way so i had to make an if hits a wall or ceiling end atatcks type of thing lol becuase there was no bb psa back then so i couldtn see the misc colission bones.
    i see lol don't quote me for anything psa related tho xD i havent done much more then simple code swaps lol. i mostly cover animation on our team and some modeling, zig does the texture work and heavy modeling, and dusty does the PSA stuff tho she has very little time. she might be interested in this project actually. might steer her this way.

@highonphazon i got the links to the files i'll grab them and take a look at them soon. i'm gonna be pretty busy till tuesday and wednesday tho (my day off lol) i'll see what i can do for the animations probably around then.

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: November 14, 2014, 10:59:12 AM »

Here's some of the progress on animations I've made over the last week if anyone's interested:

*Cliff= Ledge

-cliff, wait animation.
    -cliff, escape
    -cliff escape, far
    -jump F
    -jump b
    -Guard On, off
    -Escape Air
    -cliff jumps
    -getting up from a downed position (transition between laying down and the Wait stance)

I still need to do all of the damage animations which is going to take probably all of next week ughhh but once it's done I can move to her forward smash and neutral b. Once those are done I can finally get to sound effects and she should be about 85%'ish complete.

I wanted to have her done by Thanksgiving so I could use her against my brother but the combo of playing too much PS3 and being burnt out has slowed down progress... but definitely want this done by the second week of December.

P.S.: I will likely be needing PSA savvy folks for tweaking hitboxes and coding soon so ready your Phazon cannons!
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:01:42 AM by highonphazon » Logged

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: December 12, 2014, 08:13:04 PM »

Another graphical update. My whole reason for starting this project was to get my favorite Dark Samus moves from Echoes in Smash and prove to myself that I am capable of creating a quality mod. I wanted the moves to look and feel extremely close to how they did in MP2. My three absolute favorite DS moves were:

Thin Phazon Laser Sweep (Elevator fight from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)

Phazon Scattershot (First two fights from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)

Humongous Phazon Tractorbeam (Final fight against Dark Samus' skeletal form)- *the beam looks pretty damn near identical to how it does in Echoes!

Balance issues aside, I am done with these moves finally! A tiny milestone but animating and graphics took forever to get down. The huge Phazon Beam animation can probably use some work but other than that I'm finally happy with how these look. Now onto balancing, getting the Dark Samus model to look as optimal as possible and integrating sound effects from Echoes into a Sawndz file.

I know that the chances of getting help are slim to none on here but if anyone can investigate on how Dark Samus appears in game that would be great. Her model seems to be very dark (pun not intended actually) compared to how the rest of the cast looks. Maybe there's some lighting effect that she's missing? Does anyone have any idea?
    « Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:06:30 PM by highonphazon » Logged

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: December 15, 2014, 06:54:57 AM »

That's extremely impressive. I'm extremely hype for this moveset.

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: December 21, 2014, 07:07:33 PM »

That's extremely impressive. I'm extremely hype for this moveset.

:-D

highonphazon
    Mega Kitten

Dark Samus for Smash!

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: December 24, 2014, 12:56:15 AM »

Dark Samus has absorbed Ghor's PLASMA BEAM.
    *Beam position will be moved forward.

http://imgur.com/eGO2LX3'][/URL]
    http://imgur.com/2tKI0Ia'][/URL]http://imgur.com/cDAk7zG'][/URL]

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5]
    Print
    Jump to: