Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emerald Texture Guide  (Read 5190 times)
mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 17, 2009, 11:05:47 AM »

I've checked out a few of these Emerald Textures that are used for the dark characters in the Subspace Emissary, and decided to compose a bit of a guide for them.

Characters with Emerald Textures

This is a list of characters that have an Emerald Texture.

• Mario
    • Donkey Kong
    • Link
    • Samus
    • Yoshi
    • Kirby
    • Fox
    • Pikachu
    • Luigi
    • Captain Falcon
    • Ness
    • Peach
    • Bowser
    • Zelda
    • Sheik
    • Ice Climbers
    • Marth
    • Mr. Game & Watch
    • Falco
    • Ganondorf
    • Meta Knight
    • Pit
    • Wario (WarioWare)
    • Ike
    • Pokemon Trainer
    • Charizard
    • Squirtle
    • Ivysaur
    • Diddy Kong
    • Lucas
    • King Dedede
    • Olimar
    • Lucario
    • R.O.B.
    • Solid Snake

The other characters, which are Jigglypuff, Giga Bowser, Wario (Plumber outfit), Wario-Man, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Wolf, and Sonic, do not have an Emerald Texture at all.

Texture Parts

Emerald textures contain the texture parts, ##edge and ##edge2.  The texture part, ##edge, basically affects the entire body of the Emerald Texture, while ##edge2 seems to affect which parts of the body will have a white reflection.

Kirby has an edge3 texture part, which apparently gives his body a swirly appearance, as shown here.

Final Smashes

Some Emerald Textures will cause the game to freeze if you try to execute a certain character's Final Smash.

For one example, Yoshi's Emerald Texture lacks the texture part containing his wings.  The game WILL freeze if you try to execute his Final Smash.  However, there is a way to counter this dilemma.

For characters like Mario, Bowser, and Captain Falcon, you can still execute their Final Smashes with no fear of having your game freeze.

Eyes

You are not able to edit the eyes when doing Emerald Textures for most characters.  However, because these textures weren't exactly designed for the use of Final Smashes, the Final Smash eye textures are not affected by this dilemma.

Mr. Game & Watch

If you create an Emerald Texture for Mr. Game & Watch, it will affect all 6 of his color slots.  He only has one texture file that can be edited, which is FitGameWatch00; that file alone contains his 6 textures.  On a side note, his Final Smash is not affected.

Last Words

I hope this list will give new texture makers some notes if they plan on doing an Emerald Texture themselves.
    « Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:40:11 PM by mnsg » Logged

dally
    Mega Kitten

Shadow Being

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »

lol i was wondering when someone would make a guide like this, thanks for making it, im sure it will help alot of people

Plasmakirby
    The ONLY Master of Plasma
    Supreme Kitten

The Power of Plasma Compells U

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:20:25 PM »

Check out my kirbon texture for some more emerald texture stuff. flat eye characters can have shiny, and non shiny on their faces. also, kirby has an ##edge3, and i have no idea what it does

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »

I just made a major breakthrough regarding the Emerald Textures.  There's a way you can use Yoshi's Emerald Texture AND use his Final Smash without having the game freeze.  However, you will need SSBBinsert.exe to accomplish this task.

1: Extract the .brres files from FitYoshiDark.pac; they're 000.brres, 001.brres, and 002.brres.

2: Get hold of Yoshi's normal PAC file and place it along with the Emerald Texture BRRES files in the folder that SSBBinsert.exe is in.

3: Open up Command Prompt and go to the directory that SSBBinsert.exe is in.

4: Repeatedly input the command, SSBBinsert.exe FitYoshi##.pac -i ###.brres until you've placed all the Emerald Texture Yoshi BRRES files into the normal Yoshi PAC file.

In the end, you'll end up with a Yoshi PAC file that contains not only his Emerald Texture, but also his wing texture parts, which will keep the game from freezing.  The PAC file should use 1,652 KB (1.61 MB) if you did the steps correctly.  Just keep note that the wings will not be affected by the Emerald Texture.

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 02:55:17 AM »

I just made a major breakthrough regarding the Emerald Textures.  There's a way you can use Yoshi's Emerald Texture AND use his Final Smash without having the game freeze.  However, you will need SSBBinsert.exe to accomplish this task.

1: Extract the .brres files from FitYoshiDark.pac; they're 000.brres, 001.brres, and 002.brres.

2: Get hold of Yoshi's normal PAC file and place it along with the Emerald Texture BRRES files in the folder that SSBBinsert.exe is in.

3: Open up Command Prompt and go to the directory that SSBBinsert.exe is in.

4: Repeatedly input the command, SSBBinsert.exe FitYoshi##.pac -i ###.brres until you've placed all the Emerald Texture Yoshi BRRES files into the normal Yoshi PAC file.

In the end, you'll end up with a Yoshi PAC file that contains not only his Emerald Texture, but also his wing texture parts, which will keep the game from freezing.  The PAC file should use 1,652 KB (1.61 MB) if you did the steps correctly.  Just keep note that the wings will not be affected by the Emerald Texture.

Old. I did this ages ago and said it somewhere. Its not really a breakthrough either, its just common sense.

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 06:08:33 AM »

Old. I did this ages ago and said it somewhere. Its not really a breakthrough either, its just common sense.

Oh.  I thought that very few people knew about this since I never heard anyone asking why Yoshi's Emerald Texture kept on freezing their games the instant they use his Final Smash.  Either way, it's a new discovery for me.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: