mvit's Photoshop Techniques

Started by mvit, February 09, 2015, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Next tutorial should be:

Applying distorted patterns (Useful for muscle/capes)
5 (41.7%)
Applying gradient maps for recoloring (useful for easy recoloring and metals)
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

ah ok, so red and green is pretty much close to light maps in a way? not sure how imma pull 'shadow' maps off correctly in smash.. since i got no shader info on shadow maps to recreate
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

That's why you bake the shadows like I did in the tutorials sadly, brawl bakes the ambient occlusion, cavity and Y light from what I can tell in their textures.

April 27, 2015, 01:37:15 PM #17 Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:50:40 PM by PervyDSX8
hmm bummer... that sucks.. o well, at least the alpha layer can be its own texture if ppl choose to

have fun with chrom's textures for ur next tut

edit:
found some data about shadow maps online.. and i can pretty much get its material data, and half of its shader data, but.. gotta have to study the shader more :p
Quote
Material node
glGenTextures(1, &shadowMapTexture);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, shadowMapTexture);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

Shader data
//Enable shadow comparison
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_COMPARE_MODE, GL_COMPARE_R_TO_TEXTURE);
//Shadow comparison should be true (ie not in shadow) if r<=texture
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_COMPARE_FUNC, GL_LEQUAL);
//Shadow comparison should generate an INTENSITY result
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_DEPTH_TEXTURE_MODE, GL_INTENSITY);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT24, shadowMapSize, shadowMapSize, 0, GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);
[spoiler]
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


Quote from: jordyAD on May 02, 2015, 09:47:57 PM
Why dont I got this channel ???


That's probably because you have to split the channels first.

May 08, 2015, 05:24:12 PM #20 Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 03:43:02 AM by mvit
Just got out of class but had to pack my main desktop (that has windows on it), gradient map tutorial hopefully coming soon-ish
Edit: Re-writing the gradient map one, also doing a new one for better Smash 4 textures and what not.

If someone had extensive knowledge on making clothing, I can easily see this being used as a amazing way to make some highly acurate cosplays

Hey guys, it's been a long year for me with college, but whatever it's summer time!
So, I've been trying out Blender and managed to get a really nice light setup that allows me to bake normals and speculars in a way that the Wii U would into a diffuse texture (jargon, woo!)

These are the results I've gotten so far:

Left is how Mario looks in Smash 4, Right are my results.
This is StupidMarioFan1's model port (god I hope I got that name right)

I've baked the normal maps and specular maps into the diffuse using Blender as you can see in the shirt, overall and shoes. I'm still working on figuring out how the skin works in Smash 4 and how to make the gloves look better, because there's either some normal or glaring issues I'm ignoring.

I'd love to see how this looks on Dolphin or a Wii, I'm away from my main computer right now, so if anyone's willing to be my guinea pig, let me know. Afterwards, I'll release the setup and a small tutorial on how to bake and set up materials (note, I have as of yet not encountered hair like Shulk's nor metallic surfaces with this method).


When you manage to figure everything out, I'd love to try it out for you.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

August 03, 2016, 05:43:29 AM #24 Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:12:47 AM by mvit

Got skin almost looking similar, but looking great regardless, it's really hacky and will require additional explanation. So more complexity added to this new method.... great.

Edit: I've replaced all of the textures now, gloves look really good now! :D
here's a preview image:

who's up for testing?

Testing the method, the model, or both? I'm still up for it, regardless.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]