Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: no common5.pac portrats appears on my game  (Read 14274 times)
Neon Green
Mega Kitten

The one they call super ng bros

• Awards Dedicated Hacker RAGE!! Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: March 26, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »

why do portrats not appear from common5 for me. here is the story. i wanted to add main menu portrats but it would not load them. ok, so i saw tuts and i needed common5 en.pac for riivoluton. but NOPE. ok, maybe somethng was wrong with the portrats. so i checked and deleted some portrats and my riivolton froze on ssbb. does anyone know how to fix. if you do please tell me so i can fix mine. plz.
    also me use pal.

Neon green is the name, modding is my game

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 12:59:57 PM »

Here's something you could try. It's long and tedious to do, but it will work!

Download this and follow this tutorial(Where it documents how to use Clean Rip; the rest of the tutorial you don't need to know for these next steps, as they're unrelated; with the exception of downloading Dolphin; you should download Dolphin to be able to do one of these steps)

Put the .iso file in a directory where you know where to go for your Dolphin games.(You need to browse for the folder and set it as like the default games folder) Open Dolphin and right-click the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" that's in the list; Click "Properties". In the right tab, go to the "System" folder in "Data Partition 2" and right-click and click "Extract" on the common5.pac.

Customize to your liking of what portraits you want in it. Then put the .iso and the .pac in a folder for modifying the .iso.(It can be the same folder as for Dolphin games, but doesn't have to be)

Download Wii Scrubber(It's in the Resources section of kc-mm), and put it in the same folder as the .iso and the common5.pac. Open WIIScrubber.exe. Click "Load ISO" and select the Brawl .iso. It will give warning messages, but you can ignore these, as they won't affect this. Just hold down "Enter" until the messages go away. Expand "Data Partition 2" and "System" to find the common5 file. It will have a bunch of digits and stuff next to it. You don't need to know any of those, though, so just right-click it and click "Replace". Select your new common5.pac(I'd recommend not changing the name when you extract it at all) Now it should say something about re-compiling and give the same warning messages when you initially opened the .iso. It should automatically save the replacement when you finish pressing "Enter" for all of the warnings and the .iso loads.

Now you have two options: you can either play your mods on Dolphin(Though it's difficult to add Gecko and stuff to Dolphin; not recommended), or you can use an image burner(Like ImageBurn) and a blank cd to make the new .iso you made into a cd. You can then insert this cd into Brawl, and then not have to put a custom common5.pac on your SD card, because the common5 will always be there now(Unless you do put a replacement on your card) and it will be a PAL version, so as to not glitch or anything. Now you can just load your hacks as normal, and the common5 will be whatever you wanted.

*Important Note: If your goal is to replace a common5.pac that's from BrawlEx or Project M, or anything like that, where the number of costumes and/or the number of palette swaps are more than regular Brawl, this method WILL NOT WORK!!!

Neon Green
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:37:29 AM »

thankx again windhunter Smiley

Post Merge: March 27, 2015, 10:39:03 AM
    but theres on thing, i dont use dolphin i use wii
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:39:03 AM by super ng bros » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:23:47 PM »

Now you have two options: you can either play your mods on Dolphin(Though it's difficult to add Gecko and stuff to Dolphin; not recommended), or you can use an image burner(Like ImageBurn) and a blank cd to make the new .iso you made into a cd. You can then insert this cd into Brawl, and then not have to put a custom common5.pac on your SD card, because the common5 will always be there now(Unless you do put a replacement on your card) and it will be a PAL version, so as to not glitch or anything. Now you can just load your hacks as normal, and the common5 will be whatever you wanted.

Quoted from my comment above. My main point in my quote here is in blue. That is the only thing I changed in the quote, is the color; everything else is identical. So yes, this was written for Wii users.(Though it does work for Dolphin)

Neon Green
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »

sorry i must have overread.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:55:54 PM »

Did you try this tutorial? Make sure all the file names are good and that no size limit has been passed.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9922.0

Making an entirely new ISO is completely unnecessary to work around this. Seriously.
    « Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:59:06 PM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 04:49:06 PM »

1. try using a sc_selcharacter in a menu2 folder
    pf/menu2
    u can extract it from your common.pac file if all the portraits are in there by brawlbox
    2. make sure u didnt mispell any file names.

Neon Green
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 04:36:15 PM »

do you know were i could get sc_selcharacter.pac?

Post Merge: April 01, 2015, 04:42:20 PM
    never mind, i found one lying on my computer. thankx for the help Smiley
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:42:20 PM by super ng bros » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 08:19:07 PM »

You can also always get a fresh one by extracting the one from the common5.pac. In BrawlBox, it will say that it's an ARC file, but it will extract as .pac.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: